The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some men (cough cough nam cough) just like to watch the thread burn.

I think the problem most people are having is that the handful of you only want to discuss what you see as the negative aspects of the film and what you feel doesn't work. I haven't seen any of you actually discussing what you like about the film. I've seen a few bullet points only after being called out, but that's not a discussion. I'm not saying you guys didn't like the film, but none of you are participating in anything that's positive about the film. If you like it surely there's more to the discussion than purposefully trying to rip it apart.

I think it's also the fact that pretty much 99% of the nitpicks (if not 100%) have been countered with logical explanations found within the 2 hrs 45 mins of the movie itself + the first two films, and supplemented by supporting materials like the official books and interviews.

So they need to keep finding holes which cannot be plugged to somehow account for their disappointment.

The reality though, it seems to me, is that the disappointment is borne out of the fact that this isn't the film some people wanted/expected/hoped to see after the ending of TDK.

Nolan took a somewhat radical direction with this which ultimately makes his trilogy more like an elseworlds tale, whereas there were other directions he could have gone after TDKs ending, which could have built upon the more comic-canon-consistent elements of BB/TDK and resulted in the overall trilogy being less elseworldly.

For most people, a sequel where Batman operated as the outlaw and fought new supervillains/freaks inspired by Joker etc, and started losing 'Bruce Wayne' completely, would have made more logical sense, and this was a direction people expected.

What we got though is completely different - it's focused first and foremost on where does Bruce Wayne's journey end and what has to happen to get there. TDKR explores this, using the events of BB and TDK to get us to this point, while not necessarily taking the end of TDK and exploring ok so what would happen next.

Many people have made that mental leap to embrace TDKR, which explains the predominantly positive ratings it has on any sort of public/critic aggregating site. But those that don't like TDKR, I think it's in large part due to holding on to that expectation of a direct sequel.

Hope that makes some sense :lol

PS: I still think Fabio and Mike for example post some good points and I enjoy reading them, they clearly know their stuff. And it keeps my brain in check for things I might have missed :lol

Why would I, of all people, defend a movie I hate? :dunno :lol

Because you're defending something that happened in the film as being possible, not the film itself. :lol Like I said earlier, I have no idea if you liked the film or not. You say you do, I'm just saying that's not how it appears and that's why people keep assuming you all don't.

Because you're defending something that happened in the film as being possible, not the film itself. :lol Like I said earlier, I have no idea if you liked the film or not. You say you do, I'm just saying that's not how it appears and that's why people keep assuming you all don't.

No, because with the marginalization the Nolancompoops do, if you post something negative about the film, you must hate it. You've seen Carl addressing that very issue as well, so it's not just me stating that. And both of us have posted, more than once, that we thought it was a good movie. :lol

Basically this thread has become about people who think this is a 7/8 out of 10 film arguing with those that think it's a 9/10 out of 10 film, and trying to bring them down to their level, with their myths of contradictions and plot holes. :lol

Basically this thread has become about people who think this is a 7/8 out of 10 film arguing with those that think it's a 9/10 out of 10 film, and trying to bring them down to their level, with their myths of contradictions and plot holes. :lol

Actually, I think it's quite the opposite, with you being the only "maybe" exception among the Nolancompoops. :lol

No, because with the marginalization the Nolancompoops do, if you post something negative about the film, you must hate it. You've seen Carl addressing that very issue as well, so it's not just me stating that. And both of us have posted, more than once, that we thought it was a good movie. :lol

See, you're just looking to whine. We literally just stated that its not that ONE negative thing was posted, its when 90% of all posts are negative from people who claim to actually like the movie. But now to fish for yet another group hug you're acting as one tiny complaint brings down everyone's wrath.

Dude you really need to grow a pair. :lol

I was expecting some thoughts on my post about 3000 pages ago dickface!:impatient:

See, you're just looking to whine. We literally just stated that its not that ONE negative thing was posted, its when 90% of all posts are negative from people who claim to actually like the movie. But now to fish for yet another group hug you're acting as one tiny complaint brings down everyone's wrath.

Dude you really need to grow a pair. :lol

Says the freak with the mangina. Show me proof where there's any constructive counter-posting by Nolancompoops other than Void's. You won't find it. Especially in your post history because you're almost as bad as Ironwez with the cyclical trolling. :lol

The reality though, it seems to me, is that the disappointment is borne out of the fact that this isn't the film some people wanted/expected/hoped to see after the ending of TDK.

This is the truest part of your post. The movie is good and I enjoyed it as a whole, I will buy it on blu. However, it's not where I wanted to him to take batman to end a fun run of films.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back