The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Counting only main villains.

Joker
Bane
Ra's
Two Face
Talia
Scarecrow

Some guy on Twitter went on & on as to why TDKR wasn't good.
Thought you guys would enjoy a good eye-roll.

1harux.png

Curious as how people are putting tailia on the list. I mean we don't know she's a bad guy until she stabs batman. She's on,y a villain for the last 10 mins of the movie. Not long enough for me to give a crap about her plus she's the ____ty reason bane fell short of the jokers awesomeness.

Curious as how people are putting tailia on the list. I mean we don't know she's a bad guy until she stabs batman. She's on,y a villain for the last 10 mins of the movie. Not long enough for me to give a crap about her plus she's the ____ty reason bane fell short of the jokers awesomeness.

Talia turned Bane into a crybaby _____, knifed Batman and damn near succeeded in blowing up Gotham. How could you even consider her not a villain? :lol

Talia turned Bane into a crybaby _____, knifed Batman and damn near succeeded in blowing up Gotham. How could you even consider her not a villain? :lol

Yes, she's a bad guy but a freaking weak ass villain IMO. Bane felt like a bad guy and talia didn't. She was like the mob guys in TDK a bad guy but not like the joker.

Yes, she's a bad guy but a freaking weak ass villain IMO. Bane felt like a bad guy and talia didn't. She was like the mob guys in TDK a bad guy but not like the joker.

By that vein, I wouldn't hold her any lower than Joker or Scarecrow from the films, given she actually accomplished more than either.

:lecture:goodpost:

She's a villian the whole movie, you just don't realize it until near the end.

Yeah and on repeat viewings if you pay attention you can see how nearly everything she says has a tinge of foreshadowing to it.

And almost everything she does is also full of her villainous intent.

For example convening the urgent board meeting of Wayne Enterprises, so that Bane can kidnap the lot of them
Another example when she tags the wrong truck on purpose to mislead Gordon and the others.

Last edited:
But as a viewer you haven't invested anything into her as a villain. You've spent the whole thing focussed on Bane whose been built up rather convincingly as an invincible beast....and then she takes over. As a viewer I thought 'wait....no, I don't care about you, Bane is the big bad dammit!!'

edit - saw Void's post, all true in hindsight

I skipped the example of her sleeping with Wayne the night he goes and gets his ass handed to him by Bane.

I've seen some argue that was all part of her plan, soften him up a bit :rotfl

I skipped the example of her sleeping with Wayne the night he goes and gets his ass handed to him by Bane.

I've seen some argue that was all part of her plan, soften him up a bit :rotfl

Even if it was to only curb any suspicion of her plot, it'd still be part of her plan, which I think it was. Plus, it's also humiliating to Bruce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back