The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol

1.Bat autopilot fixed
2.Bat signal fixed (after Wayne's funeral)
3.Why would Alfred dream of Selina, a person who he only saw briefly, and not someone like Talia, who he thought would be a good match for Wayne?
4.Pearl necklace Wayne's lawyers couldn't find is around selina's neck at the end.
5. Blake telling the woman his real name, getting the bag with the GPS, following it to the Batcave and being offered the position of the new Batman despite Alfred briefly having met the man, but knowing both his alibi and his real name.

Why would alfred dream of the pearl necklace? :lol

You forgot one. :lol

Was half way through writing it, then I figured fuggit. I don't need to spell that one out to them. :lol

Talked with some buds about the "Inception theory" and they think there must've been some crack consumption before attending the flick to think the ending was a dream sequence.

Talked with some buds about the "Inception theory" and they think there must've been some crack consumption before attending the flick to think the ending was a dream sequence.

Its funny you say this, because there was an AMC ad on before the movie began and the guy in the ad was addressing the audience and whispered, "spoiler alert! The movie is just a dream!"

:lol:lol:lol

Seeing comic-based movies = cool

Seeing comic-based movies and then reading all the crazy stuff here at SSF = awesome:D

Why does Batman camouflage his soddingly monstrous BAT with bush camo? Wouldn't a grey-black urban mottle be a better option for hiding a secret flying weapon on a city building roof for 5 months?

It's not Batception!

batception.jpg

A friend of mine is taking me to see it in IMAX tomorrow... I've never seen a non documentary in IMAX, so it should be pretty damn sweet. I'm looking forward to it. :D

Just saw the movie. I enjoyed it. I'm sure I could find things to quibble about if I went looking for them, but I'm not, and the movie succeeds on a number of levels. Possibly better than Avengers. Not sure. Will see both again on DVD before passing final judgment :panic:

Just saw the movie. I enjoyed it. I'm sure I could find things to quibble about if I went looking for them, but I'm not, and the movie succeeds on a number of levels. Possibly better than Avengers. Not sure. Will see both again on DVD before passing final judgment :panic:

By way of comparison the self-awareness of The Avengers makes it a different kind of movie for me. I chose to compare it instead with X-Men First Class. I enjoyed both, but was more invested in X-Men than TDKR.

I seen it in IMAX again Wednesday night and I enjoyed it even more. :D

I think it flowed much better, but the third act still felt rushed. There's a lot of time jumping going on to get to the finale.

Yeah, I think they are very different movies, and really franchises (considering all those Marvel U movies as one massive franchise). Though First Class is a bit more serious as a film than Avengers, I would still classify it a bit differently from a Nolan film personally, so I don't really feel I can make an apples to apples comparison between Nolan's comic films and others. I know it's not cool to defend Nolan's films, but he deserves a great deal of the credit he gets IMO. These Bat-Films are, in my opinion, the best series of comic-related movies ever. This last one is not my favorite of the franchise, though. Bane was pretty great, though. Catwoman was surprisingly effective. Weird thinking of Batman as the broken down bum he appeared to be through much of the movie, though. Levitt was also very good in his role IMO, and is very believable as a successor to Batman.

Yeah, I think they are very different movies, and really franchises (considering all those Marvel U movies as one massive franchise). Though First Class is a bit more serious as a film than Avengers, I would still classify it a bit differently from a Nolan film personally, so I don't really feel I can make an apples to apples comparison between Nolan's comic films and others. I know it's not cool to defend Nolan's films, but he deserves a great deal of the credit he gets IMO. These Bat-Films are, in my opinion, the best series of comic-related movies ever. This last one is not my favorite of the franchise, though. Bane was pretty great, though. Catwoman was surprisingly effective. Weird thinking of Batman as the broken down bum he appeared to be through much of the movie, though. Levitt was also very good in his role IMO, and is very believable as a successor to Batman.

I think this is one of the most well-rounded, well-resolved trilogies of any genre, not just the superhero genre. I actually enjoyed this instalment more than TDK, where I felt like I was spending the whole movie just hanging out for the Joker scenes. Bane was a great character, but for me Catwoman stole the show. I'm not up with the comicbook universe, but her nuanced character was a nice surprise for me. And I liked Levitt's Blake too. The more I reflect on this movie, the more I like it. Kinda opposite to how I felt after watching Prometheus, which I am still hating a little more with every passing day :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back