The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you just flipflopped because you're incapable of admitting you didn't have a clue what you were talking about, or did, and thought to stomp a non-Nolan film with lies in an attempt to pedistal TDKR on undeserving merits. You said, and I quote, "It's more interesting than rocky because it's psychological." which to those with even the most remedial English skills can see that you were inferring there is no "psycological" aspect to Rocky III. This is wrong. Rocky III's main focus is overcoming psychological hurdles. The fact that you continue to post psychophantic dribble pretending that TDKR is vastly more cerebral further proves this. My delivery is blunt because I don't feel like handing out handjobs with reality checks. If you don't like that, perhaps you'd be better off taking your foot out of your mouth and reviewing what you post to determine if it's accurate vs. fanboy hyperbole.

I should have phrased the "this is actually psychological" bit differently. It came off not as intended and I did not mean to insinuate rocky wasn't about psychological in a different way.

Happy now? Good. Who looks like the little man now?

I paid plenty of attention the first time. Thanks though. I stand by what I said while you can stand by yours. :peace

That's fined I'm not stating opinion. It's fact. So if you still want to be misled by your imagination that's fine. Bane was born in the darkness already a prisoner down there in the pit. He met Talia down there and became her protector and grew to love her. To Talia Bane was a protector and friend. It's all there. I'm not going anywhere with it other than what's explained in the script. :peace

Another thing I loved about the film: in the final scenes, Nolan doesn't pull a Raimi and take his mask off for close-ups. Bale is a strong enough actor to do it with eyes and his mouth. TDKR is by far his best performance.

You mean a Webb. As he did it more.

Fact is, Bane was a Pedophile... All of you guys with that Bane signature ewwwwwww...:monkey4

In all fairness, even though I do agree with your explanation, it has not been confirmed that Bane was down there at that time does it? But, more importantly, am I the only one who things it's kind of creepy to think Bane and Talia had a romantic connection? He was a grown ass man down there when he let the child escape. Doesn't sit right with me. I think he may have been n love with Talia's mother. But i dont know...

Guy listen up. I'm not expressing opinion. It's fact. Yes from what the viewer will discover by the script Bane comes from the pit. He was born down there. As for the love connection it only went one way. Bane loved Talia. To Talia however Bane was merly her protector and friend. :peace

That's fined I'm not stating opinion. It's fact. So if you still want to be misled by your imagination that's fine. Bane was born in the darkness already a prisoner down there in the pit. He met Talia down there and became her protector and grew to love her. To Talia Bane was a protector and friend. It's all there. I'm not going anywhere with it other than what's explained in the script. :peace
Guy listen up. I'm not expressing opinion. It's fact. Yes from what the viewer will discover by the script Bane comes from the pit. He was born down there. As for the love connection it only went one way. Bane loved Talia. To Talia however Bane was merly her protector and friend. :peace

You keep saying that, but it's not fact. There was nothing in TDKR that stated Bane was born in that prison. Through editing, Nolan wanted the viewer to assume Talia was Bane. Then, later, we discover that the child is not Bane, but is, in fact, Talia. You can Ad-Lib all you want to fill in the blanks, but what you put there, isn't fact.

All we know of Bane's history is the rumor Alfred found out that he was "born an raised in hell on earth" and Bane's own statement that he was "born in the darkness". Nothing ever happens that contradicts that or says any different, so where are you getting the idea that because Talia was born down there, Bane wasn't born down there too? The is no "multiple choice" many possibilities origin for Bane like there was for Joker.

Nothing we learn about him in the movie, or even what we learn about Talia, contradicts the statements that he was born in "hell on earth/the darkness"....there is no alternate explanation given for him, so why would you throw those statements out?

Interesting. I thought it humanized him, which I liked.

Pay closer attention next time you see it. Focus on the prison pit scenes and flash backs and when Talia shanks Batman. I'll break it down for you. Raz Al Goul is a mercenary who was hired by a warlord. Okay pay attention. Raz fell in love with the warlords daughter. They had a child. The warlord found out and exiled Raz. His wife the warlords daughter took Raz's place in the pit prison. Down there she gave birth to Talia Al Goul. Bane... was already a prisoner down there himself. He too as we find out was born "in the darkness." his role was he was Talia's protector. But! :lecture he also loved Talia. That's why you see Bane shedding tears when Talia reveals this info to Batman after she sticks him with a fast blade. Back to the prison pit flashback. One day Bane helps Talia escape. He is over run by fellow prisoners who beat his face to a bloody pulp. Talia successfully escapes. Raz Al Goul started the League of Shadows after he was exiled. Talia found her daddy and had Raz return to the pit to free her protector and friend Bane. Bane was initiated into the League of Shadows but Raz ultimately determined Bane was too much of a monster and exiled him. Anymore questions?

Yupp, yupp and yupp.

I think only 12 year olds who don't quite grasp the concept of love assumed that Bane and Talia were romantically involved. People love their sisters no?

So you just flipflopped because you're incapable of admitting you didn't have a clue what you were talking about, or did, and thought to stomp a non-Nolan film with lies in an attempt to pedistal TDKR on undeserving merits. You said, and I quote, "It's more interesting than rocky because it's psychological." which to those with even the most remedial English skills can see that you were inferring there is no "psycological" aspect to Rocky III. This is wrong. Rocky III's main focus is overcoming psychological hurdles. The fact that you continue to post psychophantic dribble pretending that TDKR is vastly more cerebral further proves your ignorant bias. My delivery is blunt because I don't feel like handing out handjobs with reality checks. If you don't like that, perhaps you'd be better off taking your foot out of your mouth and reviewing what you post to determine if it's accurate vs. being blatant fanboy hyperbole.

Not for me I love reading all opinions it makes you think, Im on the fence of how much I liked it myself.

But the opinions offered with respect are the ones I generally seem to be more interested in fading because they leave me with something that will actually resonate.

This. Well said Raymond. Nam, nothing is wrong with vehemently disagreeing with someone, but how exactly is disagreeing in a respectful, and non-personally insulting way the same as giving out metaphorical handjobs?

Are there only two settings?

(1) We agree, we can talk in a respectful way

...and...

(2) We disagree, so of course, this means personal war. I've got to personally and bluntly insult you because to show you the modicum of respect as fellow poster means I am giving you a metaphorical handjob or otherwise going easy on you.

It's not fact. There was nothing in TDKR that stated Bane was born in that prison. Through editing, Nolan wanted the viewer to assume Talia was Bane. Then, later, we discover that the child is not Bane, but is, in fact, Talia. You can Ad-Lib all you want to fill in the blanks, but what you put there, isn't fact.

Nothing stated he wasn't either so it's just as possible he was as he wasn't.

It's not fact. There was nothing in TDKR that stated Bane was born in that prison. Through editing, Nolan wanted the viewer to assume Talia was Bane. Then, later, we discover that the child is not Bane, but is, in fact, Talia. You can Ad-Lib all you want to fill in the blanks, but what you put there, isn't fact.

Nam yes there is. Bane says himself "Oh so you think darkness is your ally. You merly adopted the darkness. I was born in it." Bingo there's your liner right there. Before this scene we find out from Alfred Bane comes from the pit. The audience is led only by this info. Sure there's a gap. You could ask yourself what did Bane do to become a prisoner down there? So he must have been born elsewhere commited a crime to be thrown in the pit but just from script again this is not opinion Alfred digs up info Bane comes from the pit. And Bane tells us later he was born in the darkness.

I should have phrased the "this is actually psychological" bit differently. It came off not as intended and I did not mean to insinuate rocky wasn't about psychological in a different way.

Happy now? Good. Who looks like the little man now?

Careful bro, you were doing fine but you're getting dragged down to the personal level.

Being born in the darkness could very well mean, and likely does, (though you can't be certain) he was born in the pit. It could also mean he was born in a room and someone forgot to turn the lights on. One is more likely than the other but no one can say for certain. Neither take away from the story or the character though. The twist just reframed the myth the audience had only assumed from 2nd hand knowledge from the likes of Alfred and the prison dr. It revealed that Talia was the child and revealed that there was more to Bane than just the devil.

You know guys, Bane loves Talia for a totally different reason. It was stated clearly that the child in the prison is a symbol of hope and good and Bane wanted to protect it. To Bane it is what makes him want to continue living and worth dying to protect.

Funny how over in the states, loving someone means sex must get into the equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back