1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally, I was able to afford a second hand Tumbler (man, this poor beast was dusty and needed much love, compressed air and a lot of tender loving care to bring it back to what it should look like...)!

Having that done, it took me another month, to build a suitable display case and right when this was finished, I could'nt resist to add a Bat Pod to the case too. (The Tumbler looked sooo lonely.) :wink1:

Now I'm happy ... at least as long as I still can successfully convince myself, that there is no need for a DX 12 or a catwoman to join their rides. But having said that... :gah:

Here are some pics:

tumblerselbstleuchten21cdb.jpg

tisch108c0w.jpg

tisch28dcyz.jpg

Thanks to all of your 4439 posts, which convinced me, that there is definitely a need of a Tumbler in every living room! :wink1:

^^^ Haha, I remember seeing that a while ago. He's very lucky to drive it, I wish I could have. I was able to sit in though, which was very badass. :yess:

Damn! That thing isn't half loud. Seeing all the other cars at 12:20. Damn! It must be really awe standing there to observe them.

Damn! That thing isn't half loud. Seeing all the other cars at 12:20. Damn! It must be really awe standing there to observe them.

When you rev that engine up, it is pretty loud.... haha. I'll see if I can upload my videos of the Tumbler in action. When it's just in drive though, it's not as loud as the movie sound effects project it to be, but when you hit that gas, the sound is beautiful. And yes, it does go 0-60 in 5.3 seconds :yess:

Don't let the thread die. ;) New images showing as much of the whole shelving unit as you can see "straight-on" - clicky for biggies.

-

Finally, I was able to afford a second hand Tumbler (man, this poor beast was dusty and needed much love, compressed air and a lot of tender loving care to bring it back to what it should look like...)!

Having that done, it took me another month, to build a suitable display case and right when this was finished, I could'nt resist to add a Bat Pod to the case too. (The Tumbler looked sooo lonely.) :wink1:

Now I'm happy ... at least as long as I still can successfully convince myself, that there is no need for a DX 12 or a catwoman to join their rides. But having said that... :gah:

Here are some pics:

tumblerselbstleuchten21cdb.jpg

tisch108c0w.jpg

tisch28dcyz.jpg

Thanks to all of your 4439 posts, which convinced me, that there is definitely a need of a Tumbler in every living room! :wink1:

Hey stone how did you bild this case? I am in need of one for my 89 Batmobile.

Looks awesome Stonefish!!! Great case! ^^^^^
Have you ever thought of a cube pedestal to put under the case to raise it off the ground? A 2" cube might bring it close to eye level when sitting on the couches.
Just a thought.

I've also seen some other great Tumbler displays online - these along with yours look sweet!
Thanks for sharing!

I just joined the "Tumbler" ranks and also acquired a second hand one in great shape just yesterday. NOW the works starts in trying to display it. I already have an idea of how, just need to get the table and acrylic case.
Look for an update toward the end of the year maybe? Hopefully I'll have my display set up.

This thread makes me so happy. I'm lucky enough to own a few tumblers, but I remember my first time viewing this thread and knowing I had to have one. This was august 2012 I preordered mine

Hey stone how did you bild this case? I am in need of one for my 89 Batmobile.

Hi - found an eBay seller who produces kits of those display cases. Just told him the dimensions, color and material I want and he prepared everything. Just had to put it together myself, and had 5 Panels of thermally toughened safety glass made in the proper size by a local glazier. (they are 8 mm thick, so I can use it as a normal coffee table as well and don't have to worry about scratches or even a breakage.)

The eBay seller is located in Germany, so not sure if that is an option due to shipping costs, but if you want to figure it out, that's his eBay shop:

https://stores.ebay.de/HEWA-VITRINEN

Looks awesome Stonefish!!! Great case! ^^^^^
Have you ever thought of a cube pedestal to put under the case to raise it off the ground? A 2" cube might bring it close to eye level when sitting on the couches.
Just a thought.

I just joined the "Tumbler" ranks and also acquired a second hand one in great shape just yesterday.

Congrats to your new ride! Hope you had a big grin like me, when unboxing this monster (facial expression of my girl friend looked slightly different in that moment, no idea why ... ;) )

Yeah, a pedestal would bring it up to eye level certainly, but on the other side of the room is my home cinemas screen located and I would probably have a tough time wachting my movies through the display case. ;)

gesamtansichts0rd2.jpg

Yeah, a pedestal would bring it up to eye level certainly, but on the other side of the room is my home cinemas screen located and I would probably have a tough time wachting my movies through the display case.

Ah I see - good point!
You got a grand display going there! nice!

Didn't realize how much these acrylic cases could be! Got a rough estimate on one that would fit on a small table - close to $800! ouch
Guess I will be dusting the Tumbler a lot! ha

Yeah, experienced exactly the same when I was seraching for custom acrylic display cases - but my "display table" cost only 95 Euro (around 130 $) and is much more robust and versatile. ;)
(And due to the wooden frame led stripes can be mounted nearly invisible.)

Just wondering, would it be possible to combine 2 BESTA units to make a display to fit this thing? Basically set up 1 as you normally would, without any door, then put a 2nd one in front of it, without the back/rear panel installed so that it is double the depth of one, and then somehow connect the 2, maybe with a frame on the bottom?

I was going to dust my dresser where my HT Tumbler is displayed and when I moved it this is what I found.
It looks like caramel,I'm not sure where it came from...it's sticky and took the finish off the dresser.
Anyone have this issue with their Tumbler?

Attachments

• 10268720_765251216830775_433016580439502995_n.jpg
    10268720_765251216830775_433016580439502995_n.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 437
  • 10277798_765251236830773_3078006080250664057_n.jpg
    10277798_765251236830773_3078006080250664057_n.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 429
  • 10300498_765251183497445_1347119233217942828_n.jpg
    10300498_765251183497445_1347119233217942828_n.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 442
Back