1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Man, I'm really having second thoughts on this and the 89 Batmobile. I mean they'll be awesome to own, but I really just don't have the space for them. I may just have to stick with the Batpod and cancel the Batmobiles. Never had to cancel a Flex/NRD item before :doh

Man, I'm really having second thoughts on this and the 89 Batmobile. I mean they'll be awesome to own, but I really just don't have the space for them. I may just have to stick with the Batpod and cancel the Batmobiles. Never had to cancel a Flex/NRD item before :doh

:horror:horror:horror:horror:horror

Even if you don't have the space, you should buy and resell later...unless its a money issue.

No, its more space than money. Although $1,1000 back in my pocket wouldn't hurt. Seeing the size of the shipping box is really making it sink in how big this thing is. Funny thing is 1:6 figures look so small at SDCC. The 1/4 figures look like they should be 1:6 figures. So saying that, these Batmobiles looked big at SDCC already :lol

And the other thing to think about is the lack of any real display option for these other than a museum style, figure next to the car kind of thing. Neither Bale or Keaton figures can actually fit in these things due to the rubber suits.

Who knows, maybe down the road. But for now I think they'll get the axe and I'll just stick to the much smaller Batpod.

Didn't they have a tease pic of the new dx inside the tumbler comfortably

Dammitt. I saw that there was an option for a flexpay schedule with more (and therefore, cheaper) payments, so I bit. It means I won't have the thing until next year, but that's fine with me. It means it WILL be mine, and I won't have to break the bank to do it.
lol@myself

Hmm so can the 1/6 scale figures not fit in this? Cause if not that might be a bit of a deal breaker for me on this. Still wondering if I should keep my pre-order on this or not cause I've got most of the The Avengers on pre-order plus the Dark Knight figures.

Hmm so can the 1/6 scale figures not fit in this? Cause if not that might be a bit of a deal breaker for me on this. Still wondering if I should keep my pre-order on this or not cause I've got most of the The Avengers on pre-order plus the Dark Knight figures.

They do fit although personally i wouldn't be taking them in and out very often and i wouldn't leave bats in there 2 long at the risk of creasing his rubber suit.

HT improved packing it. There are plastic sheets on top that now prevents rubbing against the styro. They also added a sponge at the rear on top of the exhaust to prevent the small shock absorbers from breaking during transport. But HT still didn't correct the silver paint on the circumference of the rear mags, it should be black.

Another couple of differences with the initial release:

1. The top brake flaps come packed in plastic trays, instead of just bubble wrap covered by a thin piece cardboard -- so hopefully there will be be less complaints of flaps / antennas arriving broken.

2. The side brake flaps come completely detached from the main body, apparently to snapped in by the user. On the original release, they were already attached to the car.

I hope the brake flap supports are made of tougher stuff than the original release this time around. I understand the majority of the car being made of plastic to keep costs down, but these are a relatively small part, and subject to easy breakage during assembly (or dis-assembly if you need to repack it).

I really can't wait to get mine. One question though, how hard is it to put the top brake flaps on? I hope they aren't too fragile. :panic:

I really can't wait to get mine. One question though, how hard is it to put the top brake flaps on? I hope they aren't too fragile. :panic:

Their not to bad really, well they weren't on the original and that's all i have to go on im afraid.

Don't know why they are still using blue/white leds. Oh well, still looks cool lit up, just not totally screen accurate. Very pleased to see they have made an effort to improve the packing. Now we play the waiting game...

I'm kind of surprised they didn't include extra brake flaps. It seems like those were the most commonly broken pieces on the original release and I am sure it would have only cost an extra few dollars to produce an extra set for each Tumbler.

looks like exactly the same tumbler from before.
i'm glad to see the improvements on the box, I was really afraid of the posible shipping damage of this beast to my country :clap
now please, arrive soon!!!

can someone post the pics on the new packaging improvements please

I'm kind of surprised they didn't include extra brake flaps. It seems like those were the most commonly broken pieces on the original release and I am sure it would have only cost an extra few dollars to produce an extra set for each Tumbler.

That would have been nice. It's not like you can go anywhere and get replacement parts bought separately. And it's not like these are cheap either

Back