"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will judge which Joker is better after I see the film this Friday and this is coming from probably one of the biggest Nicholson fans! 1989 Batman to this day is the only film i've seen 4 times in theatre and Nicholson is the primary reason for that, he was wonderful as the Joker.

If I were to "Guess" which actor played the part better, as of right now I would pick Ledger, however I could count on one hand which actors IMO are the very BEST of all time and Nicholson is one of them.

We'll see.

It's not about who is better because they are clearly different incarnations and are thus played very differently.

worst part of the New Yorker's review:

“The Dark Knight” has been made in a time of terror, but it’s not fighting terror; it’s embracing and unleashing it

I don't think a batman movie should glorify villains and their terror. It should be about fighting terror!

ya know, I actually think it would be kinda funny if they referenced that, but I'm pretty sure Nolan would never do that.

Claiming Nicholson's Joker is funny while Ledger's Joker is evil is a retarded notion. Nicholson's Joker was evil to the bone and twisted as hell. Talking to corpses he just murdered, mutilating a woman with acid, shooting one of his own men. Wanting to kill an entire city. Basically there was nothing funny about him, he WAS only funny to himself. There is no doubt in my mind that both Joker's are just as psychotic and evil. Nicholson's Joker is just more heavy on the laughs and jokes.

At their core, Nicholson Joker's actions were twisted and all, but the onscreen presentation of them is not, they're much more muted, where I think Ledger's Joker is going to be hardcore, a blend of a psychopath, a brutal monster and a clown. I think Leger's Joker will affect audiences like Hannibal Lecter when it's all over, it's going to really creep people out. Nicholson's created a great threat for that film, but doesn't have much of a creepiness after that one shot "Wait'll they get a load of me."

I hope they don't play Prince songs during Ledger's scenes in TDK...

The use of Prince in batman 89 has been greatly exaggerated. You hear parts of a song two times in the film. Yes Prince is horrible but i don't think Burton wanted it in there. I think the studio just wanted to cash in to the pop-music of that time.

At their core, Nicholson Joker's actions were twisted and all, but the onscreen presentation of them is not, they're much more muted, where I think Ledger's Joker is going to be hardcore, a blend of a psychopath, a brutal monster and a clown. I think Leger's Joker will affect audiences like Hannibal Lecter when it's all over, it's going to really creep people out. Nicholson's created a great threat for that film, but doesn't have much of a creepiness after that one shot "Wait'll they get a load of me."

But it's kind of ridiculous to turn a batman villain into a Hannibal Lecter type monster to begin with. Probably will not be that hardcore anyway, it's still a pg-13 kids flick.

But it's kind of ridiculous to turn a batman villain into a Hannibal Lecter type monster to begin with. Probably will not be that hardcore anyway, it's still a pg-13 kids flick.

To me, it's more realistic, and while you may not see some thing, early clips have already implied savagery.

Spoiler Spoiler:

It's not about who is better because they are clearly different incarnations and are thus played very differently.

I'd have to agree, even though I haven't seen Dark Knight yet. It's seems like the old apples and oranges to me.

I'm not :D

5 hours for me and counting! :horror

You sir, suck. :monkey5

Kidding! - I am of course just venting my jealousy - after following this thread all this time I think you are at or near the top of the list of people who should get to see this film early. Enjoy!!!

Just finished listening to the soundtrack. It's no secret that I wasn't a fan of the score from Begins, so I wasn't expecting much.

Ho-lee crap! I was immediately blown away and soon realized that I should check my preconceptions at the door. Then track two came, and I was brought back down to Earth. :monkey2

For me, it's about half great, half meh. I really don't like the Bat-theme (the same one from Begins) but everything else sounds amazing. I haven't read the tracklisting yet (to avoid spoilers) so I can't really get specific with what I liked and didn't like, but I can tell you I simply LOVED the noise tracks!

So while I didn't exactly like the entire album, there was certainly enough new stuff in there get me even MORE pumped for this movie than I already was. :horror

Oh c'mon now don't give me that "Lightweight" "Featherweight" "Heavyweight" theory, at the end of the day there is ONE great boxer (Ali) After Friday night there will be one better Joker.

Apples to Oranges? Whatever. If the Joker played by both Jack and Heath were both created by DC comics then there is comparison.

To me, it's more realistic, and while you may not see some thing, early clips have already implied savagery.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Realism does not imply that something is more interesting or works better.

Kubrick used to say about some performances "yeah it's real it just isn't interesting"

Regarding your spoiler i think making a living work of art of a living woman is more gruesome and more in line with a true psychopath.

Oh c'mon now don't give me that "Lightweight" "Featherweight" "Heavyweight" theory, at the end of the day there is ONE great boxer (Ali) After Friday night there will be one better Joker.

Apples to Oranges? Whatever. If the Joker played by both Jack and Heath were both created by DC comics then there is comparison.

It will still be a matter of opinion.

It's absolutely ludicrous that these "critics" let something like that play into their review of a film, but in this case the bias clearly shows. What a bunch of a-holes!!!

Or maybe they just didn't like the movie? I'm from New York. Nobody gives a crap. But I hear our stunt double, Vancouver, is very upset about it.

YoNoSe;1015847]Or maybe they just didn't like the movie? I'm from New York. Nobody gives a crap.

That seems a bit more likely. I'm sure TDK is not some accumulation of mankind's universal artistic achievements wrapped in celluloid:lol. Some will see faults and some may not like it at all.

Realism does not imply that something is more interesting or works better.

Kubrick used to say about some performances "yeah it's real it just isn't interesting"

Regarding your spoiler i think making a living work of art of a living woman is more gruesome and more in line with a true psychopath.

That could be, but to me, Burton's Batmans feel entirely otherworldly, where Nolan's makes you feel like you could run into these guys on the streets of LA or New York, which then makes their actions more threatening and real as a viewer. Nicholson's Joker, while great and entertaining, just seems silly and beyond what you might ever see in this world so it's hard to take his threats and actions seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back