1/6 The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale Two Face Collectible Figure (Toy Fairs 2019) Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello fellow members,
due to financial means im looking to unload some figures i
i have a good chunk of batman figures up for sale i been debating

Batman Dark Knight Rises DX
Two Face Dark Knight
Bane Dark Knight Rises
Joker 2.0 DX11
Batman & Robin 1966
Mime Joker 89
BVS Batman
BVS Superman
BVS Armored Batman
BVS Knightmare Batman
Suicide Squad Joker Arkham Asylum
Suicide Squad Joker Purple Coat Special Editions (figure has purple stain)
Suicide Squad Joker Tuxedo
Suicide Squad Joker Batman Imposter
Suicide Squad Harley Quinn
Suicide Squad Deadshot Special Edition

if anyone knows people or whats to hit me up, please do so on Instagram for Quick Replys my IG handle is noirpopcultureart

So when someone sends you a death threat or you are in a fight and get hit, you are being tortured as well right?

How does that follow? That fits neither the definition of torture I quoted nor any other reasonable definition of torture that I'm aware of. Incidentally, it's also not the situation depicted in the movie (which is the subject of our discussion).

So I'm not sure what your point is, or how it's relevant...

And an execution should be torture as well by that definition

The definition of torture specifically excludes "pain or suffering arising only from, inherent in or incidental to lawful sanctions," which seems to specifically be included in order to allow the exception of capital punishment.

(my apologies - I didn't initially quote that part of the definition because capital punishment is neither a part of the movie nor was it relevant to the discussion).

I should note that there are some who would argue that this loophole is immoral and that execution is torture - this is one of the many arguments informing the controversy of capital punishment. But again, that isn't really relevant to this discussion

because then you are right since that is what Hatvey was threatening to do to him.

Harvey was threatening to murder him.

Execution is different from murder in that it is a state-sanctioned form of punishment applied to the duly convicted as a matter of law. That's why prison executioners aren't guilty of, or prosecuted for, murder when they provide a lethal injection

What Harvey was doing was neither state-sanctioned nor a form of punishment (Harvey's goal was information, not retribution, and besides Schiff hadn't been duly convicted)..

Come on man, spare me the "correctness".

Feel free to spare us the arguments or claims that fail basic logical examinations...

Hopefully this will bever happen to you but if you ever get caught by a criminal group and they offer you torture and live or be executed immediately in exchange for money, it would be the same sitution as that guy Harvey had.

So what you're saying is...Harvey is a criminal.

What would you choose? Is it still torture now?

Does it fit the definition of torture?

So I guess Harvey tortured the crooked cop, Ramirez, Gordon and his family and Marrone's driver as well?

You have not seen real torture but in the movies. If you had, you will not even remotely call what Harvey was doing torture.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Aaron Eckhart?s Two-Face is one of my all time favorite movie villains (so is Heath Ledger?s Joker). Other versions of Harvey Dent pale in comparison to the fully realized tragic character arc of a man and his morals being broken.

Harvey is not just a regular guy who becomes evil. And he wasn?t scummy to begin with. He is a goddamn hero who is out there fighting for justice and risking his life. He?s cocky and he has a dark side, the perfect formula for an anti-hero. But instead of a mask and cape, he gets his face burned off and the love of his life blown up. An absolute breaking point for any mortal.

Even Batman learns his own limitations vicariously through Harvey?s tragedy. Bruce has dealt with trauma of his own and his aggression is still questionable at best. If he were in Harvey?s shoes, what would stop him from complete psychosis?

And yes, Harvey tortured and murdered people, which is psychotic behavior no matter who you are. And the parallels to Batman are important. The world he exists in questions whether he is a psychopath and so should we, the audience.

The scene where Harvey resorts to Batman tactics to interrogate (and torture) a suspect was evidence that the Joker?s plan was already unraveling Dent?s composure. Once the clown terrorist named Rachel as his next target, Harvey felt threatened enough to step outside his own boundaries of law and order. Bruce wants to be Harvey. Harvey wants to be Batman. No one can stop the Joker.

It?s funny when people call The Dark Knight a Joker movie because even though Heath Ledger is phenomenal at drawing everyone into the Joker?s madness, the character doesn?t have an arc. His journey is a straight line (that cuts through Harvey?s arc) and his character is unchanged throughout the film. That level of conviction pretty much required the most brilliant performance ever.

Lastly, my favorite moment of the film is when a hospitalized Harvey picks up his lucky coin for a brief moment of false hope, knowing the coin was with Rachel, only to turn it over and see proof of her demise. The writers gave purpose to iconography that seems like it should?ve already been there. This film has many layers of genius story-telling. I’ve seen it dozens of times and I?ve read novels of discussion and easter eggs, yet I still learn new things about it all the time.

Oh and I?m definitely buying this figure.

Aaron Eckhart’s Two-Face is one of my all time favorite movie villains (so is Heath Ledger’s Joker). Other versions of Harvey Dent pale in comparison to the fully realized tragic character arc of a man and his morals being broken.

Harvey is not just a regular guy who becomes evil. And he wasn’t scummy to begin with. He is a goddamn hero who is out there fighting for justice and risking his life. He’s cocky and he has a dark side, the perfect formula for an anti-hero. But instead of a mask and cape, he gets his face burned off and the love of his life blown up. An absolute breaking point for any mortal.

Even Batman learns his own limitations vicariously through Harvey’s tragedy. Bruce has dealt with trauma of his own and his aggression is still questionable at best. If he were in Harvey’s shoes, what would stop him from complete psychosis?

And yes, Harvey tortured and murdered people, which is psychotic behavior no matter who you are. And the parallels to Batman are important. The world he exists in questions whether he is a psychopath and so should we, the audience.

The scene where Harvey resorts to Batman tactics to interrogate (and torture) a suspect was evidence that the Joker’s plan was already unraveling Dent’s composure. Once the clown terrorist named Rachel as his next target, Harvey felt threatened enough to step outside his own boundaries of law and order. Bruce wants to be Harvey. Harvey wants to be Batman. No one can stop the Joker.

It’s funny when people call The Dark Knight a Joker movie because even though Heath Ledger is phenomenal at drawing everyone into the Joker’s madness, the character doesn’t have an arc. His journey is a straight line (that cuts through Harvey’s arc) and his character is unchanged throughout the film. That level of conviction pretty much required the most brilliant performance ever.

Lastly, my favorite moment of the film is when a hospitalized Harvey picks up his lucky coin for a brief moment of false hope, knowing the coin was with Rachel, only to turn it over and see proof of her demise. The writers gave purpose to iconography that seems like it should’ve already been there. This film has many layers of genius story-telling. I’ve seen it dozens of times and I’ve read novels of discussion and easter eggs, yet I still learn new things about it all the time.

Oh and I’m definitely buying this figure.

Great insights- no wonder most rate it as still the single best superhero film of all

How does that follow? That fits neither the definition of torture I quoted nor any other reasonable definition of torture that I'm aware of. Incidentally, it's also not the situation depicted in the movie (which is the subject of our discussion).

The definition of torture specifically excludes "pain or suffering arising only from, inherent in or incidental to lawful sanctions," which seems to specifically be included in order to allow the exception of capital punishment.

(my apologies - I didn't initially quote that part of the definition because capital punishment is neither a part of the movie nor was it relevant to the discussion).

I should note that there are some who would argue that this loophole is immoral and that execution is torture - this is one of the many arguments informing the controversy of capital punishment. But again, that isn't really relevant to this discussion

Execution is different from murder in that it is a state-sanctioned form of punishment applied to the duly convicted as a matter of law. That's why prison executioners aren't guilty of, or prosecuted for, murder when they provide a lethal injection

What Harvey was doing was neither state-sanctioned nor a form of punishment (Harvey's goal was information, not retribution, and besides Schiff hadn't been duly convicted)..

Feel free to spare us the arguments or claims that fail basic logical examinations...

Dude, I have no clue what the hell you think you are doing, but stop. You aren't clever, you aren't lawyering anyone, you aren't proving how much smarter you are. You are just being obnoxious and engaging in bad faith arguments, attacking people over technicalities, and changing your argument several times in the past few pages every time someone points out the massive hypocrisy and logical flaws in what you are saying. You aren't impressing anyone.

Again, technicalities. You can show me all about what is defined as torture.

In reality, when anybody hears torture, what is the first thing that comes to mind?

I won't argue that Harvey was using an innapropriate method to get information. But I will still stand and say that what he was doing was not torture. A specific name for what it is, I do not have. He was threatening the guy, but torture it was not.

But just to see if maybe I am misunderstaing you, let's compare similar situations. You're father, belt in hand and ready to punish you, demands the truth about some missing money, is he torturing you?

Last edited:
Only-a-movie.jpg

Oh this is annoying, to say the least... My order was cancelled due to supplier not getting the expected stock. Dang it. Only way now might be to go through Sideshow and get a huge VAT fee............ :gah:

I wonder if Two Face from the Arkham games would've been as good as an exclusive (or maybe better) in place of Nolanverse Two Face

I wonder if Two Face from the Arkham games would've been as good as an exclusive (or maybe better) in place of Nolanverse Two Face
For what it's worth, they could have gotten me to get three of four con exclusives rather than two of them had they done that.

Not because I wouldn't get a Nolan Two Face, but because I don't have a Nolan Batman to go with him, let alone an easily obtainable one any longer. And I feel that perhaps that's the case for a great deal of people. I actually really like this TDK fig, but just don't need him without Bats.

It is a shame Two-Face wasn't announced in conjunction with a brand new Batman - that would have gone down very well with many collectors.

However, I think I might still hedge my bets and pick this guy up just in case HT are intending to release a new line of 1/6 Nola-era figures (or at the very least a new Bats).

In case of new nolan batman figure, they seriously need to make a new 1/6 Batman begins suit.

Pers System / interchangeable ayes, new ratchet joints for the body inside the suit, better cowl and cape, complete assecories to do batman begins display or og batman suit in the dark knight

But if they really make one, they will mess something up again, like the mattle gauntlet:(

Seller question coming in!

Anyone who’s ordered with Eric Lee? I wonder since I tried to reach out regarding this one, got a reply that it was available for order. I replied a day or two later with an interest, never got a reply on that. Might point out I’ve never traded with him before. How do you guys usually order, through his Facebook group or otherwise?

Ah well, might have to go through Sideshow if this ain’t working out. Hope the trade war won’t affect price too much ._.

In case of new nolan batman figure, they seriously need to make a new 1/6 Batman begins suit.

Pers System / interchangeable ayes, new ratchet joints for the body inside the suit, better cowl and cape, complete assecories to do batman begins display or og batman suit in the dark knight

But if they really make one, they will mess something up again, like the mattle gauntlet:(

I really need a "Begins" Batman figure. Would pretty much complete the collection.

Back