The custom evolution thread. The forever W.I.P. . Show us your "before and after"!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sturtrup

Super Freak
Reaction score
The custom evolution thread. The forever W.I.P. . Show us your "before and after"!

I think that is very interesting to see how much time and work we put on our custom/kit bash figures and how many little and big changes whe make on them. I worked/played for several years on my vader and it's a forever wip.
Hope to see many of "before and after" pictures.

Re: The custom evolution thread. The forever W.I.P. . Show us your "before and after

I can start with mine....

Attachments

• vaderb&a.jpg
    vaderb&a.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 224
  • vaderb&a1.jpg
    vaderb&a1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 222
Re: The custom evolution thread. The forever W.I.P. . Show us your "before and after

Your Vader looks like a screen shot. Awesome! :clap

this is an excellent idea for a thread

Your Vader looks like a screen shot. Awesome! :clap
Thanks, there are many imperfections that I have to fix, but it starts to satisfying me.

this is an excellent idea for a thread
I hope to see a lot of pictures in this thread. Thanks for your comment!

Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo! Sergio Leone! Spaghetti western! Your figure is stunning! His dress is really cut to fit!

Attachments

• Buono_il-brutto_il-cattivo_CE.jpg
    Buono_il-brutto_il-cattivo_CE.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 180

I have quite a few but probably the most tweaked figure would be my Indiana Jones through the years.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sturtrup, I agree with Patriot, it looks like a picture taken during the shoot of the Tantive scene in ANH. I could almost imagine Prowse under that suit. What parts did you use? The helmet looks so real.

Btw, here's my WIP figure. Before people cringe, please note that this was commissioned by a female friend who's a Twilight fan:

sculpts.jpg
resin_casting.JPG
final.jpg

I have quite a few but probably the most tweaked figure would be my Indiana Jones through the years.
View attachment 205628
View attachment 205629
View attachment 205630
View attachment 205631

Third pics is the last in time? The facesculpt or the painting looks more natural. Or it's the quality of the picture?

Sturtrup, I agree with Patriot, it looks like a picture taken during the shoot of the Tantive scene in ANH. I could almost imagine Prowse under that suit. What parts did you use? The helmet looks so real.

I used some custom parts and parts from anh and rotj sideshow vader and hasbro ultimate villain vader. In my opinion this figure needs a lot of work on the body. I'm trying to give him the right proportion doing him like Prowse in anh, that is a lot different from esb or rotj. But this is an "out of brain" discussion and my english doesn't help me to explain! Great work on that bugaboo!!

^Awesome Vader! :clap

Mrs!! I love your first vader as yours last! Great figures, you gave me a lot of inspiration for my custom vader! When I've seen your vader (some years ago) I thought: it..could...works...!! :clap

oh yeah I just got there head sculpts in last week they are a wonder of art.

My vader is waiting.... hope to give him a wonder of art as Christmas gift! :yess:

I have a picture of the helmets and mask over on the HOT TOYS episode IV darth vader thread

Great figures Matrix, Speeder bike looks better than hot toys. Your Vader looks as a man in a suit! Impressive!

Created before sideshows airborne troop.
2010_05220017.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2010_05220024-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2010_05020026.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2010_06100021.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Commander gree , first one is modded hasbro armor and own sculpt helmet long before sideshow did clones.second one is sideshow armor with corrected helmet built before ssc release
S x
DSCF0062-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2010_04060008.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back