The Counselor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meth head

Super Freak
Reaction score
First photo from the set. Film of 2013 already :lol

brad-pitt-the-counselor-600x436.jpg

The Counselor is undoubtedly one of the most anticipated films of 2013. Ridley Scott is directing, the film marks the screenwriting debut of Pulitzer Prize-winning author Cormac McCarthy (No Country for Old Men, The Road), and the cast is insane: Michael Fassbender, Brad Pitt, Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Cameron Diaz, and Breaking Bad’s Dean Norris. The story centers on an attorney (Fassbender) who gets in over his head when he teams with Bardem’s character to sell $20 million worth of cocaine. Though this may seem a simple premise, we can reasonably expect a great deal of depth given that this comes from the mind of McCarthy.

Production is now firmly underway and the first image of Pitt on the London set has hit the web. This marks a reteaming of sorts for the actor and his Thelma and Louise director, and in this first image Scott looks to have Pitt back in the cowboy hat.

First off, here’s an amusing quote from Pitt about his McCarthy obsession and his involvement with The Counselor from an interview with Empire in May:

“I’m only doing a few days on that. [Killing Them Softly director] Andrew [Dominik] and I are both Cormac McCarthy fans – I mean, I’ve read every word the guy’s published and most of them more than once. So this was a chance to do something of his and also to work with Ridley [Scott] again. Ridley gave me my first break into the big leagues. And I’m a [Michael] Fassbender fanatic too.”

It’s nice to see someone of Pitt’s stature so enthusiastic about a project, and I’m more than eager to see how The Counselor turns out.

All taken from Collider.com

I've probably got Pitt beat in my McCarthy fandom if he's only read most more than once. :lol

I've been looking forward to this since the news broke awhile back. The script supposedly had people frothing at the mouth to be a part of it. I'm curious though because everything I've seen up until this post has had the female leads as the biggest players in the film.

I'd be lying if I said I was 100% behind Scott handling McCarthy's work but I'll definitely be there when it drops.

I have only read The Road, No Country and Blood Meridian.

For some reason his other titles are not grabbing me. I picked Suttree up the other day and put it back down :(

I know what you mean about Ridley directing this. Would like to have seen maybe Mr Nichols take something like this on :monkey3

Still excited because it's McCarthy, but I've read the script a few times now, and Diaz has about a 98% chance of bringing this whole production down. She's completely miscast.

Did anyone see this? I didn't see any of the reviews when I saw this yesterday and I couldn't believe what I was seeing, what an awful movie. I was totally surprised especially with all the talent involved. The movie completely lost me when Diaz rubbed her crotch on the windshield of the car as Bardem just watched from the passenger seat in disbelief. The scene was hilariously awful though. The whole scene had no point and didn't do anything for the movie, and there's alot of pointless scenes in the film that don't do anything, that was just the worst offender.

I saw the reviews on RT when I got home and was glad I wasn't the only one that didn't like this movie.

I heard it was ****. No interest any more. Thanks for saving me the cash.

Man Riddles. What happened.

I watched it on the opening night. The room has only about 20 people. I felt there is something wrong with the film. There are 25 minutes worth of previews. After saw the first 5 minutes of the film, I know the movie will be sucks! and it IS sucks! I am just lost. Should have pick Bad Grandpa instead.

I saw this over the weekend and all I can say is what a shame all that great talent was wasted in this stink bomb of a movie.

I watched it on the opening night. The room has only about 20 people. I felt there is something wrong with the film. There are 25 minutes worth of previews. After saw the first 5 minutes of the film, I know the movie will be sucks! and it IS sucks! I am just lost. Should have pick Bad Grandpa instead.

It is sucks? It's not goods? Could it be okays?

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Between this and punching children; damn, Celtic, you're going out guns a'blazing these past few days.:lol

Back