The Children of Hurin Cover Revealed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lcummins said:
It has been released in a three volume slip-cased set at least, but was very limited and getting rather expensive now days!!!

home-hb-2002a.jpg

And a single volume as well...

000710507X-uk_book-resized200.jpg
Thanks Lonnie! I've been wanting to get a set that had each of the books invidually. Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer. :eek:

carbo-fation said:
Do you have the complete HoME in one complete set??:confused: I've been looking for a company that makes the complete set (hardcover), but I haven't found any yet.

I bought each one separately at Borders a couple of years ago. They are very nicely done but take up a lot of space. The set looks nice I did not even know they ever came that way.

...and what is going on with the First Impressions of The History of Middle Earth hardcovers??? Looking at Amazon, I'm seeing prices over $1000 from different sellers for volume 11 and 12??? What the heck??? :google

Have they gone up that much??? I bought my copies as they were being released, so all of mine (except one volume) are First State, First Impression copies!!! :chew

lcummins said:
...and what is going on with the First Impressions of The History of Middle Earth hardcovers??? Looking at Amazon, I'm seeing prices over $1000 from different sellers for volume 11 and 12??? What the heck??? :google

Have they gone up that much??? I bought my copies as they were being released, so all of mine (except one volume) are First State, First Impression copies!!! :chew
Sell them so you can buy the medicom FMA Alphonse and Edward! :rotfl :D

carbo-fation said:
Sell them so you can buy the medicom FMA Alphonse and Edward! :rotfl :D

Well, my point was that I don't think they have really climbed that high in value!! And besides, I've been collecting Tolkien long before I started collecting Sideshow or statues, so the Tolkien books ain't going no where!!! :rotfl

lcummins said:
Well, my point was that I don't think they have really climbed that high in value!! And besides, I've been collecting Tolkien long before I started collecting Sideshow or statues, so the Tolkien books ain't going no where!!! :rotfl

Congrats! if you really have the 1st/1st of the FOTR published by Unwin in 1954, they are worth about 30K USD now... please dun tell me you have those too??

tomandshell said:
I thought that it was 60 bucks or so from Amazon, but now it is listed as $47.25. Did the price go down, or am I remembering incorrectly?
yeah the price seems to have dropped some. its still listed on barnes and noble for $76 though. i can't wait for this... too bad its not gonna be released until april, i would've love to be able to read it this spring break while i dont have classes.

tomandshell said:
My mind is officially boggled. I never would have thought that I would be reading a new Tolkien book.

same here...

But then again, I also never thought I'd hear new Tupac songs as well.

gtb said:
Congrats! if you really have the 1st/1st of the FOTR published by Unwin in 1954, they are worth about 30K USD now... please dun tell me you have those too??

No... unfortunately, I don't have anything even close on the Hobbit and the LOTR books. :monkey2 I was in college when Sil came out and got two copies of the 1st printing of that, but one of them had printing errors and some of the pages were blank. I can't remember if I kept it or returned it... :rotfl

I have the first printing of most any Tolkien book released since the mid 70's or so, including the Art books, Father Christmas Letters, etc. One of these days, I will own a 1st/1st of the Hobbit and LOTR... one of these days...

That's Nargothrond -- probably the back cover illustration. The ones inside are all b&w pencils.

My translation has been finished for a while, and is coming out day & date with the English original. :D

The title of this painting is apparently "Beleg Departs Menegroth."

According to tolkienlibrary.com, in addition to the front cover/jacket artwork (which will be a frontispiece in the deluxe version), both versions will include eight full color paintings and 25 pencil drawings by Alan Lee.

And I'm jealous that you have had the chance to read it before the rest of us.

That's awesome looking!! I'm excited to get this book and dive into it. I've not heard anything bad about it.

Back