The Carnotaurus Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually got two of these coupons, one for ordering the T-Rex VS Tri Dio and another one today for the Carno maquette. :)

So as soon as I get My Carno today I'll take some pics for everybody, but be patient guys, cause it may not be till early tonight, cause UPS has a knack for saving my house for one of their last deliveries :banghead

So I should be able to put pics up no later than 8pm pacific time...I know it's a long wait, but I'm sure it will be worth it :D

Yup, my house is one of the last on their route as well... 6-7pm is when they usually arrive!

Look forward to pics!

How did they notify you about the coupon? If I get one and can swing it I'll use it to get the T-Rex vs. Triceratops.

How did they notify you about the coupon? If I get one and can swing it I'll use it to get the T-Rex vs. Triceratops.

I got it in an email. There are a bunch of restrictions though, and I believe one of them is that it has to be for pre-order products only (and only sideshow original products) - furthermore, you won't get reward points for using it (but you are saving more money by using the coupon anyway)

Sideshow is good about putting alot of restrictions on things. Seems like I rarely use that stuff. Still 10% off on a pre-order is helpful, even if it is only on Original stuff. I could always save it for the next Dino piece...or get one of those environments I've had my eye on... But I'm guessing I won't get one since I haven't yet.

I'm holding my breath in anticipation for the pics as well, but I have to say I could use a 10% off coupon. :monkey2

I received a code via email for ordering Mort; wish I had it earlier to use on the latest dio.

I'm holding my breath in anticipation for the pics as well, but I have to say I could use a 10% off coupon. :monkey2

LoL. Poor scar. I give out 10% coupons for my store all the time.

According to the UPS tracking code, my photographer will be getting this piece tomorrow. Sometimes I wish I lived closer to California.

LoL. Poor scar. I give out 10% coupons for my store all the time.

According to the UPS tracking code, my photographer will be getting this piece tomorrow. Sometimes I wish I lived closer to California.

:horse Now, now. What'd Shell tell you about plugging the store? ;) :lol Kidding, but I too wish desperately that SSC were closer. It's obfuscating to say the least; I had my Thunderbolts SDCC exclusive mini-mates arrive from AFX in CA today, and they too were shipped yesterday via USPS Priority Mail. Granted, that's fast for Priority, but still...

Last edited:
P1100598.jpg

P1100606.jpg

P1100527.jpg

P1100552.jpg

P1100630.jpg

nice photos! The Carno is one of the best maquettes in the dinosauria line, together with the T-Rex and the Apatosaurus

Awesome photos, Deviliarh. Man, I wish I had one of these. It's my favorite piece from the line, hands down.

Well, after much, much searching, I finally nabbed myself a Carno on the bay. It wasn’t cheap but I’ve been trying to find this guy for a long time and let me just say they are not easy to come by! Probably looked around for half a year or more (kicking myself that never got it from SS when I had the chance).

To me, it’s the best Dinosauria piece. The Carno is just such fascinating predator, the horns and stubby head just give it this unique look, but what makes it special here is how it’s portrayed. The pose and the sculpt is just so dynamic, really captures a moment in time. It’s literally like a freeze-frame from a wildlife doc. I mean this thing looks like he’s about to bite your hand off. I think when you can hear the sound effect in your mind when you look at the statue then it’s doing its job well, because I can just imagine the roar from this thing.

So yeah, top stuff, can’t wait for this bad boy to arrive!

Awesome photos, Deviliarh. Man, I wish I had one of these. It's my favorite piece from the line, hands down.

If you're still searching for one, there is one being offered on Ebay starting at $499.00. Good luck.

My Carno arrived on Friday, courtesy of the bay and I gotta say, wow, it's fantastic, love love love it! Just so dynamically sculpted, real great job by SS on this. I've wanted this one for a while so am glad to have it in my hot little hands.

308/350

sA1Irpt.jpg

yAkLk8C.jpg

If you're still searching for one, there is one being offered on Ebay starting at $499.00. Good luck.

Thank you. I'm actually buying one from somebody here for less than that. I can't wait to have it in my hands.

Back