The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s been almost 2 hours and I’m still stunned; how come the Rancor had more personality and was more tactical than Boba Fett? how is it possible that the enigmatic bounty hunter from the Empire strikes back was turned into an indecisive fool who cannot think for himself? And who thought it was a good idea to have all the gang reunited at the end and laughing like it was an episode of Scooby-Doo?

Why? Who? How? AAARRRRGGHHHH!!!

The start of the battle when Boba and Mando teamed up was bitter sweet for me. Really good to finally see Fett using all of his tricked out weapons and jet pack, but just reiterated what a massive missed opportunity this whole series has been. Would’ve loved to of seen 7 episodes of him facing off against all the other famous Bounty hunters for bragging rights and ultimately the dictatorship of the city. He could have been a real ruthless, stealthy, brutal character. Instead we got a Very different Boba than what has lived in most fans heads for the last 40 odd years. Strange…very strange.
Yeah man it would’ve been pretty epic having him and Mando taking on a gauntlet of other bounty hunters instead of generic pyke foot soldiers yawn.

No help needed from the mod gang or freetown forced representation sharpshooter.

No need for even droidekas just have Cad lead the bounty hunter group.

sigh…

56B186F0-A8DF-4DA1-9FB1-AB948E2700CF.jpeg

Nah the Rancor still made more sense than using Slave 1 and Slave 1 would’ve probably made more ground damage.

The real problem was Fett listening to Joan Jett jr and not moving the battle away from the city.

That being said the collateral damage wasn’t as bad as it could’ve been and even then it’s like destroying Detroit the damage doesn’t really stick out too much.
64z671.jpg

Man so much Rodriguez hate. I love his matador knee-up move and honestly would have been disappointed if we didn't see stuff like that from RR. Why hire a guy famous for all those Mariachi movies if he's gonna ditch the signature style that makes his action scenes so entertaining in the first place? :dunno Different strokes I guess.

It seems like so many people are holding on to the offense that this Fett doesn't sync with Bulloch/Wingreen when we know that a TM-based Jango clone was the starting point from the beginning (reinforced by the frequent Daniel Logan callbacks). I get not liking the Vespas, constant helmet removal, Slave I derpery, Loony Tunes kitchen antics and locked door button pushing but I think that Favreau is the pretty clear common denominator for the majority of that. (Not the Vespas, those are classic RR, lol.)

I'm definitely pleasantly surprised that Mando made it unscathed through three entire episodes. No matter the dialogue or situation he always seems to breeze through with his dignity intact. Pedro somehow made even wizard sound cool, lol.

Last edited:
The start of the battle when Boba and Mando teamed up was bitter sweet for me. Really good to finally see Fett using all of his tricked out weapons and jet pack, but just reiterated what a massive missed opportunity this whole series has been. Would’ve loved to of seen 7 episodes of him facing off against all the other famous Bounty hunters for bragging rights and ultimately the dictatorship of the city. He could have been a real ruthless, stealthy, brutal character. Instead we got a Very different Boba than what has lived in most fans heads for the last 40 odd years. Strange…very strange.
Seven episodes of that would have been insanely cool but I guess for whatever reason they saving all of his moves for the finale was wiser...

Who would have ever guessed when they announced that there'd be a Boba Fett show that we'd never see him piloting Slave I in any of the "present day" episodes, lol.

Man so much Rodriguez hate. I love his matador knee-up move and honestly would have been disappointed if we didn't see stuff like that from RR. Why hire a guy famous for all those Mariachi movies if he's gonna ditch the signature style that makes his action scenes so entertaining in the first place? :dunno Different strokes I guess.

It seems like so many people are holding on to the offense that this Fett doesn't sync with Bulloch/Wingreen when we know that a TM-based Jango clone was the starting point from the beginning. I get not liking the Vespas, constant helmet removal, Slave I derpery, Loony Tunes kitchen antics and locked door button pushing but I think that Favreau is the pretty clear common denominator for the majority of that. (Not the Vespas, those are classic RR, lol.)

I'm definitely pleasantly surprised that Mando made it unscathed through three entire episodes. No matter the dialogue or situation he always seems to breeze through with his dignity intact. Pedro somehow made even wizard sound cool, lol.
My main problem is that we didn’t get enough knee combo moves I loved it when he did that.

I wanted more of that and NONE of the mod gang and freetown folks.

I can’t stand looking at that mod gang lol

I just watched the final episode. After 2 minutes, a little girl chastised a Crime Lord and told him what he had to do. His henchwoman killed the Crime Lord’s rivals at the end, while he was getting humiliated by a bounty hunter.

They should have called this series the Balls of Boba Fett since everybody’s looking for them.

The rancor was cool though.
Maybe TBOBF will be the Season 2 title.
Then the end theme could be Ba Ba, Ba-Ba-ba-Balls! Ba Ba, Ba-Ba-ba-ba-Where Are My Balls! :lol

My main problem is that we didn’t get enough knee combo moves I loved it when he did that.

I wanted more of that and NONE of the mod gang and freetown folks.

I can’t stand looking at that mod gang lol

That just shows you're sane and reality grounded, 'coz the mods suck. Some review said they were a nod to '60s punk London.
Dunno and don't care. U could also say they were a nod to Scooby Do. The color of the speeders is idiotic. :stake :poop::Flush

Last edited:
Hey what were the big leaks prior to the finale? I avoided clicking on those and tried to skim over posts that mentioned them. Was any of what really happened leaked in advance? I saw quite a few claims that Han and/or Q'ira would show up but what else was everybody expecting to see?

The only character in Star Wars that fears Boba Fett...

Oh right....the only character of note that Fett kills...(except Cad at the end...)

Attachments

• 1644693357969-873305713.jpg
    1644693357969-873305713.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 12
Yeah I totally hear you on that, lol.
Believe me I am not judging this show based on the loss of ESB Fett that is for another canon timeline but even judging it on redeemed Fett they still failed at giving us MORE quality bad ass moments.

Instead i’m stuck watching forced representation roof top girl power antics lol

Hey what were the big leaks prior to the finale? I avoided clicking on those and tried to skim over posts that mentioned them. Was any of what really happened leaked in advance? I saw quite a few claims that Han and/or Q'ira would show up but what else was everybody expecting to see?
...a decent finale :dunno

The only character in Star Wars that fears Boba Fett...

Oh right....the only character of note that Fett kills...(except Cad at the end...)
Hey now he took out Cad Bane and rode a freaking Rancor. The ease with which it yanked Mando off its back showed how *not safe* that saddle is, lol.

Believe me I am not judging this show based on the loss of ESB Fett that is for another canon timeline but even judging it on redeemed Fett they still failed at giving us MORE quality bad ass moments.

Instead i’m stuck watching forced representation roof top girl power antics lol
I hear you on the girl power antics but I'm just so freaking glad that none of the chicks stole any of Fett's thunder during the final battle (plus I kind of like both of those girls). I was so waiting for Bane to be taken out at the last second by Fennec and practically cheered when Fett got to finish him off, lol. Honestly as likable as Ming-Na is the Sarlacc slaying left such a bad taste in my mouth that I'm glad she was sidelined for so much of the finale. Sure she took out the faction leaders but hell anyone with a thermal detonator could have done that, lol.

Seven episodes of that would have been insanely cool but I guess for whatever reason they saving all of his moves for the finale was wiser...

Who would have ever guessed when they announced that there'd be a Boba Fett show that we'd never see him piloting Slave I in any of the "present day" episodes, lol.
And wow, did he ever pilot it to great effect. First, he failed his flight school refresher course when he left the parking brake on while reacquiring it at Jabba's palace; Second, he did what all good pilots do - use their ships to give an underground monster a throat examination. Open wide and say 'Ah!' Mr. Sarlacc!"; Third, he mows down the Nitko speeder gang - you know, the guys who DIDN'T massacre his Tusken friends; and finally, he FORGETS he has that amazing ship when he's at war and desperately needs it. Yep, he checked all the boxes for us! :lol

The Book of Boba Fett - the most illogical show of all-time. Good luck rationalizing any element of this show to someone else.
True enough, I did come away thinking that what it lacked in brains it made up for with heart, goofy as it was. And no I don't fault anyone for echoing Tony Stark saying "is it too much to ask for both?" lol

Back