The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was TFA and TROS levels of bad (just without the lens flare) and belongs with them.

Eh this comment...

happy-days-jump.gif

Just remember the type of show you were hoping you would get and compare it with the bantha poodu we were just served. Don’t try and compartmentalise it away, it’s not even consistent with the last season of the mandalorian. This was TFA and TROS levels of bad (just without the lens flare) and belongs with them. This show is an abomination when you think about it objectively, it’s supposed to be about that mysterious, ruthless and deadly bounty hunter we saw in ESB and Mando season2 (save for getting thrown by that 100lb girl). Search your feelings you know it to be true
Dunno if I had any real expectations other than thought it would be MORE gritty and bloody than Mando; instead it went in the opposite direction.

And I think it's better than TROS 'coz there's stuff I like. As an original narrative it's not the worst arc that Boba could have had, and it WAS an original story. Even if clumsily executed. We're left with room to build on.

Unlike TROS that was rehash, pandering, and laughable Mcguffins like that Sith knife. At least nobody keeled over for no reason at all like Kylo. :stake :pfft:

(OK, to be fair, there was plenty of fan service in TBOBF but at least people were happy about it:monkey3. Also the look/cinematography/details esp. episode 7 was pretty awesome).

Last edited:

Except they are not "his" ways.
Not allowing Grogu a connection to both, is a complete betrayal of everything Luke learned, experienced, and was.
Luke never followed Jedi (books) or dogma, to the contrary, he denied them, knowingly went against the older Jedis ways and will, to follow his own path, instinct and choices. Rushed to save his friends, refused to give up on his father.
In doing so, following his instinct, keeping his personal attachments to those friends, his sister, and his father, those he loved, he saved not just his father, the galaxy, he brought about the return of the Jedi his way.
Those instincts, define Luke.

This (and the Sequel Trilogy) Disney version is a different character, the antithesis of Luke and "his" way.
Actually i was mad just like you mostly because he just send an x-wing piloted by R2d2 to delivery Grogu to Mando, it was rude.

But then i start to think about it, Luke send Grogu back for the same reason that he desobey Yoda and Obi-wan in ESB\ROTJ, he is just letting Grogu keep his personal attachments to his friends, he did not want to force Grogu to become a Jedi, soo he let him choose what he wants for his life, and it was staying with his dad.

One of the things that lead Anakin to the dark side was the blind following of the Jedi way by his masters, this was were Palpatine started seducing him to the dark side.

The way that Luke handled Grogu was really noble and proves why he became a legend in the galaxy(and why his failure to his nephew will hurt him so much)

Definitely a mixed bag of a finale. It was entertaining enough and certainly had lots of cool moments (the best of which involved either Mando or a rampaging Rancor), and we finally got to see Boba kick some ass... but it wasn't enough to undo the damage to the character that had already been done. And ultimately we're still left with this rather lame and uninteresting version of Boba that no one wanted. Which is what makes the whole thing feel like such a waste and disappointment.
Exactly. I was sort of living in false hope that they might somehow turn around the blatantly lame Boba Fett in the finale. But no, they doubled down and got Cad Bane to say to his face as well !!

They didn't even bother to explain why they wrote him that way as some sort of "moral" lesson for kids.

WTF Faverau ?

Actually i was mad just like you
I'm not mad, just laughing at the incompetence.

But then i start to think about it, Luke send Grogu back for the same reason that he desobey Yoda and Obi-wan in ESB\ROTJ, he is just letting Grogu keep his personal attachments to his friends, he did not want to force Grogu to become a Jedi, soo he let him choose what he wants for his life, and it was staying with his dad.
No, end of Mando S2 Grogu chooses to reach out to, and learn from a Jedi. this makes sense.
We learn he also doesn't want to let go of his father, this also makes sence.
Grogu wants both. ...as did Anakin, as did Luke. Anakin (old ways) was coerced and denied.
Luke ignored them and chose his own path, Luke knows keeping the connection with both is what saved him his father and the galaxy.

Luke by his own learned experience and instinct who we see bring about ROTJ knows this, and that Luke true to his own instinct, would have given Grogu the option to keep both.
That's what Disney (and apparently others ) don't get or want.

(hopefully that is what they will reveal down the line, yet the way it was handled was so dismissive, I don't have much hope in it)

FYI I'm fine with Grogu having learned what he has, and just partnering with his father. I love that!
Just the depiction of Luke to get there is an absolute farce.

Last edited:
Plus I liked when the male bonded to die fighting. This is the Way.

This is where a woman in the mix is useful. Men decide that they are going to die fighting when maybe they dont have to, and then:

Fennec [coldly]: "How about NOBODY does any dying today? Let's post a sentry or two on the top floor, so we can see anyone coming - high ground and all - and lets make sure we have an exit out the back. If we get split up because people are on separate floors, we all meet up at the town square fountain in 30 minutes. Let's send a droid to do a bit of recon right now. Send another out the back to the palace to retrieve Slave 1 on the double. Check your blaster battery charges, and dont get cornered in the basement. Everyone got at least one vibroblade...? Good. THAT is the Way, gentlemen."

Neither Fett nor Djaren should have to be told any of this, as theyve been raised in a strict warrior tradition since like, age 7 but that's where we are now.

I'm not mad, just laughing at the incompetence.

No, end of Mand S2 Grogu chooses to reach out to, and learn from a Jedi. this makes sense.
We learn he also doesn't want to let go of his father, this also makes sence.
Grogu wants both. ...as did Luke.

Luke by his own learned experience who we see in ROTJ would have given him a choice to keep both.
That's what you (or Disney) don't get.
Dude its a baby, he wanted to be with his dad, that was his choice.
His people is not the jedi, he is just a force sensitive child, for Grogu it's better to be with Mando than to become a Jedi.

You clearly don't understand Star Wars as whole if you think what Luke did was a bad move by letting someone choose what they want for their life just like he did in ESB\ROTJ.

Luke let him keep both, i doubt that in Mandalorian season 3 we wont have a few teachings episode with Luke, this was more of a "Go back to your father, the force is telling me that he needs you in Tatooine".

Dude its a baby, he wanted to be with his dad, that was his choice.
We know the kid wanted both.
Your (adult) Luke made it an ultimatum. One or the other?
Unless there is as I suggested an as yet reveal that he let him chose both. ...that would be true to Luke's character.
Luke by his own learned experience and instinct who we see bring about ROTJ knows this, and that Luke true to his own instinct, would have given Grogu the option to keep both.
(hopefully that is what they will reveal down the line, yet the way it was handled was so dismissive, I don't have much hope in it)
As is, Disney's Luke is a laughably pathetic new character whose ultimatum betrays Lukes own instinct, everything Luke learned and was. :lol

Luke let him keep both, i doubt that in Mandalorian season 3 we wont have a few teachings episode with Luke, this was more of a "Go back to your father, the force is telling me that he needs you in Tatooine".
So now you completley changed your argument, to agree with what I suggested. That was some ninja goalpost move! :wink1:

Last edited:
We know the kid wanted both.
Your (adult) Luke made it an ultimatum. How do you not get that?
He is a laughably pathetic new character that betrays Lukes own instinct, everything he learned and was. :lol
Dude there was no ultimatum, it was Grogu choice.

And it's not "my Luke" I'm not a spoiled, deluded fan who thinks they have ownership over the character, it's CANON LUKE.

Does Grogu even need training? Given Yoda was the most powerful Jedi and the Yoda species lifespan, you'd imagine that he has plenty of time and opportunities to harness his powers and actively practice using the force. :dunno

Dunno if I had any real expectations other than thought it would be MORE gritty and bloody than Mando; instead it went in the opposite direction.

And I think it's better than TROS 'coz there's stuff I like. As an original narrative it's not the worst arc that Boba could have had, and it WAS an original story. Even if clumsily executed. We're left with room to build on.

Unlike TROS that was rehash, pandering, and laughable Mcguffins like that Sith knife. At least nobody keeled over for no reason at all like Kylo. :stake :pfft:

(OK, to be fair, there was plenty of fan service in TBOBF but at least people were happy about it:monkey3. Also the look/cinematography/details esp. episode 7 was pretty awesome).

This is where a woman in the mix is useful. Men decide that they are going to die fighting when maybe they dont have to, and then:

Fennec [coldly]: "How about NOBODY does any dying today? Let's post a sentry or two on the top floor, so we can see anyone coming - high ground and all - and lets make sure we have an exit out the back. If we get split up because people are on separate floors, we all meet up at the town square fountain in 30 minutes. Let's send a droid to do a bit of recon right now. Send another out the back to the palace to retrieve Slave 1 on the double. Check your blaster battery charges, and dont get cornered in the basement. Everyone got at least one vibroblade...? Good. THAT is the Way, gentlemen."

Neither Fett nor Djaren should have to be told any of this, as theyve been raised in a strict warrior tradition since like, age 7 but that's where we are now.
LOL but it was awesome :lol . Personally I think if u've got a jet pack u should use it; it's a huge advantage and harder for an opponent to aim at someone flying randomly. Not sure why Mando and Boba decided to land so soon. (On the other hand I did appreciate the choreography and small stuff like Boba not scrambling for his rifle, but just grabbing his blaster and carrying on.)
mb3.jpg

Also I would have snuck around laying explosives at key points where an enemy might have attacked, and made more use of the ratcatcher bunny as a spy.
Makes me wanna PO another Boba version, it does. :monkey3

Does Grogu even need training? Given Yoda was the most powerful Jedi and the Yoda species lifespan, you'd imagine that he has plenty of time and opportunities to harness his powers and actively practice using the force. :dunno
Luke already alluded to not being sure if he's just helping Grogu to remember, vs. training. It's possible Grogu is the first "trainee" in SW who decided, nope, not me. Always wondered what happens to the ones who flunk out of Jedi training. Since they still would be Force sensitive.

Probably not to hang with his father. who will have to learn how to handle him, will be (and has been) part of the ongoing fun of having them together. And we knew it was coming since they telegraphed it from the canopy on his new ship.
Again, objection wasn't Grogu ending up with his father, that's what I prefer.
Its how Luke was handled, in making it an ultimatum, that he couldn't have both.

That's not Luke :wink1: That;s a new interpretation of the character that denies his own instincts and past learned experience.

Last edited:
Just beautiful😁. If IS comes out with a 1/10 not sure I can resist.
Kind of a bummer Danny Trejo was out getting coffee or something; was hoping he'd show to kick some @ss. Guess the budget got used up on the Rancour.

Last edited:
Probably not to hang with his father. who will have to learn how to handle him, will be (and has been) part of the ongoing fun of having them together. And we knew it was coming since they telegraphed it from the canopy on his new ship.
Again, objection wasn't Grogu ending up with his father, that's what I prefer.
Its how Luke was handled, in making it an ultimatum, that he couldn't have both.

That's not Luke
Giving the right to choose something is exactly what Luke would do, as he always choose his own path disobeying Obi-wan and Yoda wishes.

Giving the right to choose something is exactly what Luke would do, as he always choose his own path disobeying Obi-wan and Yoda wishes.
So you don't understand what an ultimatum, one or the other is.
Luke chose both, he would extend that to his students.
If it's later revealed he in fact allowed both as I first suggested, great!
Although if I were FavRoni, i'd have Grogu put the two together and choose both! .
:cwink:

And Luke allowing it.

Last edited:
Just remember the type of show you were hoping you would get and compare it with the bantha poodu we were just served. Don’t try and compartmentalise it away, it’s not even consistent with the last season of the mandalorian. This was TFA and TROS levels of bad (just without the lens flare) and belongs with them. This show is an abomination when you think about it objectively, it’s supposed to be about that mysterious, ruthless and deadly bounty hunter we saw in ESB and Mando season2 (save for getting thrown by that 100lb girl). Search your feelings you know it to be true
Sure I would have done things differently but never in a million years did I even dare hope we'd get something like a rampaging Rancor with Boba Fett on its back brawling with giant robots, smashing and eating a bunch of bad guys, then facing off against Cad Bane and then having a showdown with little Grogu (lol!) so yes I'm more than good with what we got. :)

Back