The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any hope I had for a possible romance between Fett and Fennec ended in episode 4. They have a business relationship and that's all. There's clearly no connection between them beyond their own self interests. They're both like a couple of parasites. Initially, Fennec was only going to help Fett in order to pay her debt to him, but when she asked Boba what was next for him once he had his ship back , and he told her that he wanted to take over Jabba's territory, her face lit up with a cute little smile. That was the moment she decided to stick around with him beyond paying her debt. She's in it for the money and power only, which is fine, she's a deadly bounty hunter, so it's in character.

Boba doesn't seem very passionate about anything other than petting animals and occasionally recruiting people. He's clearly not interested in women, not even for physical pleasure, which makes no sense for ANY normal man, let alone a "crime lord" seeking power. Jabba, a big slug thing, had women around and parties. Even Batman gets laid, and he's the ultimate single minded individual. I'm not buying Boba as a crime lord so far. I don't think I buy him as a man. :unsure:

Last edited:
I have no idea who Cad Bane is or why people think he's cool. I think he's the one that wears a doofus cowboy hat, right?
Disney Cad Bane...
OScC.gif

The mods just feel so out of place. The mod (tattoo) parlour scene was just bizarre.
Yeah a lot of Rodriguez's creative decisions on this show have been pretty bad, but I'm still most frustrated with Jon Favreau who actually wrote most of these episodes. How could someone who nailed the tone and style so perfectly in Mando, and who seemed to really understand and respect the SW universe, get Boba Fett so wrong and turn him into such a joke? And why is the storytelling suddenly so clunky and slow and dull? Was his heart just not in this one?

Well they did give us Tython but hopefully there's at least one more in time for the finale.

Wow crazy that we're now four episodes into the seven episode season and he has yet to fire a single shot from either of his blasters while in armor.

One of the cool things we loved as kids about Boba in the OT was his armour. His armour covered in gadgets and weapons. His jetpack.
He barely used any of it in the OT but as kids you imagine what all the stuff on his suit could do. You imagine what it would have been like if Boba had shot Luke with whatever it was he was aiming at him before Han "Boba Fett! Where?" him into the Sarlaac.
Now here we are 40 years later with an entire TV show and the opportunity to really let rip and have Boba use everything he has and he's used his jetpack once and fired a rocket. Hasn't even used a blaster (whilst wearing armour).
Just crazy to me.
It's episode 5 next week for crying out loud.
It's a series about Boba Fett, known for his cool armour, weapons and gadgets and we're past the half mark and he hasn't used them.
Can you imagine if Din Djarin hadn't fired his blaster in the first 4 episodes of The Mandalorian?

Last edited:
Yeah a lot of Rodriguez's creative decisions on this show have been pretty bad, but I'm still most frustrated with Jon Favreau who actually wrote most of these episodes. How could someone who nailed the tone and style so perfectly in Mando, and who seemed to really understand and respect the SW universe, get Boba Fett so wrong and turn him into such a joke? And why is the storytelling suddenly so clunky and slow and dull? Was his heart just not in this one?
I have this hypothesis that he actually wrote something much better, but alas was not on set for most of filming(busy rewriting Mando S3 and Rangers) and RR went way off script filming and this cobbled mess was the best the editors could put together without extensive costly reshoots. There’s just no way he was so good with Mando for two seasons and then this.

I honestly think Favreau has zero do with this and they just slapped his name on it.

I know, I know.....you all think I'm some kind of conspiracy nut.

But you know Jim Davis doesn't actually draw "Garfield" right? And Matt Groening hasn't had anything meaningful to do with the Simpsons since about the late 80s? It's not unheard of.

In holding out hope for Mando series 3 I can only hope that Rodriguez had a gun to Favreau's head in the writing room or that Fav just decided to go on a massive bender during the entirety of the writing process. :acme:moon

One of the cool things we loved as kids about Boba in the OT was his armour. His armour covered in gadgets and weapons. His jetpack.
He barely used any of it in the OT but as kids you imagine what all the stuff on his suit could do. You imagine what it would have been like if Boba had shot Luke with whatever it was he was aiming at him before Han "Boba Fett! Where?" him into the Sarlaac.
Now here we are 40 years later with an entire TV show and the opportunity to really let rip and have Boba use everything he has and he's used his jetpack once and fired a rocket. Hasn't even used a blaster (whilst wearing armour).
Just crazy to me.
It's a series about Boba Fett, known for his cool armour, weapons and gadgets and we're past the half mark and he hasn't used them.
Can you imagine if Din Djarin hadn't fired his blaster in the first 4 episodes of The Mandalorian?
At this point I'd be happy with Boba just keeping his helmet on for more than 5 minutes. :gah: :lol

And that Slave I hangar scene, he rams the front guns into the wall. "The guns are jammed". :slap
61zf6i.gif

That whole "escape" scene was him doing this... :lol
61zemg.gif

Till Fennec get's the doors open.

They would have been better off if he just sat there doing nothing.
He literally is the waddling hellion Baby Yoda of this series.
The first 4 eps in fact might as well have been Fennec putting him in his baby chair saying, - look, try not to touch anything, while I handle this.

Favreau's script:
...And then Mando Fennec saves Grogu Boba.

Last edited:
61zf6i.gif

That whole "escape" scene was him doing this...
61zemg.gif

Till Fennec get's the doors open.

They would have been better off if he just sat there doing nothing.
He literally is the waddling hellion Baby Yoda of this series.
The first 4 eps in fact might as well have been Fennec putting him in his baby chair saying, - look, try not to touch anything, while I handle this.

What Favreau's script probably looked like:
...And then Mando Fennec saves Grogu Boba.
Is the reality that Disney upstairs is pushing the Fennec is a bad*** narrative and Favreau did somewhat have his hands tied? I think that Slave 1 escape could've been Boba navigating a bunch of danger and complexity and shooting his way out or threading a needle ala Han in the space slug but we get Austin Powers Boba instead. It's like they can't let him be the stand alone guy ever... So far, we've had Marky Mark Boba, Hugh Hefner Boba and Austin Powers Boba. I'm sure there are others but those three come to mind.

Just crazy to me.
Yep, still waiting every week. Ok, time to do something cool Boba. Please, do something cool already.

Almost making me want to cancel the preorder of SH Figurarts new armor Boba. Maybe the Mafex versions will do fine for now.

Is the reality that Disney upstairs is pushing
Oh please, this is just Favreau phoning in some fun cartoonish scenes, references and ideas (all SW fair game) , and directors making the best of cranking it out , in a quick artificial volume setting.

Watching the usual conspiracy tinfoilers and drama qweens threatening to cancel, outraged and meltdown here, is half the fun. :lol

Last edited:
Yep, still waiting every week. Ok, time to do something cool Boba. Please, do something cool already.
I know we all joke about it however there's a good chance that he won't do anything cool. With Mando potentially returning and Bad Wookie now on side, those guys will most likely do all the cool stuff along side Fennec. :lol

Watching the usual conspiracy tinfoilers and drama qweens threatening to cancel, outraged and meltdown here, is half the fun. :lol
Once is fine. Two is a coincidence.

But when the same thing happens every time the character is on screen over FOUR 30+ minute long episodes, it's not coincidental; it's planned and it's intentional, and unless you're completely blind and don't know how "television" works, it's weird.

Boba Fett has been portrayed as nothing but a bumbling stooge in the television program that bears his own name in the title, whereas his sleek, smart, sexy sidekick has done ALL the heavy lifting and thinking for the two of them. She's killed all the bad guys single-handedly, outsmarted everyone, and saved the day every time.

That's not an accident. That's called an "agenda" and it's just eye-rollingly bad, piss-poor storytelling. Like Red Letter Media said, you might not have noticed it, but your brain did.

I won't be canceling any of my "dollies" and acting like a "qweeen" (how old are you, five?) but why in the world would anyone be compelled to own a figure of Boba in his look from this TV show? Not only is it significantly LESS cool than how he just appeared on the Mandalorian (unless you really like figures of bald guys in their underwear) he hasn't DONE anything!! He hasn't even taken his blaster out of his holster!!

I know we all joke about it however there's a good chance that he won't do anything cool. With Mando potentially returning and Bad Wookie now on side, those guys will most likely do all the cool stuff along side Fennec. :lol
And let's face it, any cool things that Boba could do with his jetpack & weapons we've already seen done by Din Djarin, so barring something extremely creative (which at this point seems beyond their collective imaginations) it would just be more of the same.

So I just watched this.
As some space western yarn it's decent entertainment, but as frigging Boba Fett it's unconscionable.
I get the story they are trying to tell, and the arc they are plotting for Boba Fett, which (IMHO) in and of itself is not bad -despite it having been done quite a few times before- but as discussed some hundreds of pages back, it's not a good fit for the character that most of the SW fandom had always envisioned as a coldly efficient killer.
I mean... they could even keep the arc they are trying to build, but the fact that they have neutered the character is what is baffling. He can be on this voyage to build his own family and not resort unnecessarily to violence and think of the big picture, and still be efficient, clever, resourceful and cold when the need arises. Not this bumbling apprentice type of character who seems to be one step behind his sidekick all the time.

And let's face it, any cool things that Boba could do with his jetpack & weapons we've already seen done by Din Djarin, so barring something extremely creative (which at this point seems beyond their collective imaginations) it would just be more of the same.
I guess seeing him ride the Rancor could be good - although that would most likely end up being extremely cheesy.

Back