The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing is, I kinda did always want Boba Fett to be an anti-hero/ good guy. It is possible to look at Fett in the OT and rationalize why he was working for the bad guys. He didn't even do anything irredeemably bad that would completely ruin a 'redemption' arc like, say, personally hacking a bunch of kids to death. So to now see him wanting to rule with respect, helping others, sparing lives left & right etc need not have been jarring IMO.

Problem is they ****ing already shot this load by inventing an entirely separate character who is exactly this vision of Boba Fett so now it's just repetition.

The thing is, I kinda did always want Boba Fett to be an anti-hero/ good guy. It is possible to look at Fett in the OT and rationalize why he was working for the bad guys. He didn't even do anything irredeemably bad that would completely ruin a 'redemption' arc like, say, personally hacking a bunch of kids to death. So to now see him wanting to rule with respect, helping others, sparing lives left & right etc need not have been jarring IMO.

Problem is they ****ing already shot this load by inventing an entirely separate character who is exactly this vision of Boba Fett so now it's just repetition.
Yeah Joe Johnston himself recently stated that he always saw Fett as amoral not immoral. He just works for the highest bidder, good or bad. You want him to rescue an innocent child from the clutches of the Empire? He'll do it. You want him to kill the kid? He'll do that too. First season of Mando could have easily just been about him like you said.

Wait, what...weren't you the one recently complaining about a continuation of a classic story that "got rid of all the good that came before and kept only the bad???"

Who are you and what have you done with TROS/NWH JAWS, lol. :monkey5
IDK.. I guess I am looking at this with the fact that I have never accepted this guy as Boba Fett. My Bobba Fett is in the OT originals. The one with a gruff voice whose weakness is Blind People.

He sucked as a Kid. He sucked when they changed his voice. He was Boba Fatt in Mando... And now he is who he is in this series.

So, I watch this as an alternate Universe, I guess.

If I want to believe he is the real fett then I can get past some of this also. The fact that he is still not fully healed. The fact that he is based after Clint Eastwoods Man with No Name character and Clint use to go through some hell in those films.

If its the fact that he is a bit of a softy well, I can chalk that up to near death experiences and age.

IDK. What where you guys expecting??
No. No. Nope.

Yeah, my Grammer and spelling are notoriously bad on here. Just ask Jye.

But that creature looked like a Ray Harryhausen creation. A cross between the Ymir, Kraken, and Centaur.

It had a shape that looked more like those classics then an overdone CGI effect.

Disney/KK: "Now how do we do the opposite of that?"

Well watching all of the Disney material since the buyout, I have sold 99% of my SW stuff! EU stuff was the best and well now...

200.gif
Unfortunately that’s the way my opinion of SW has morphed into since the Disney buy out. It used to be a major part of my life and I used to love geeking out over little details that I’d missed in the OT. Remembering when 5 years or so after ROTJ most people forgot about SW and there seemed to be almost an underground, cool, secret worldwide club that still were passionate about it and lived for what it stood for. Now, since the ST, countless **** cartoons and spin off ass fodder, the whole SW universe has almost become something that I’m embarrassed to even be a part of! The laws, mysteries and coolness that used to be associated with SW have now become so diluted, that they don’t hold any importance to me anymore. I’m planning on selling off pretty much all my HT and SS collection this year, plus the rest of any post Kenner / Palitoy stuff I have. I hate saying that, but that’s the way this whole Disney shower of **** has degraded SW for me, at least.

IDK.. I guess I am looking at this with the fact that I have never accepted this guy as Boba Fett. My Bobba Fett is in the OT originals. The one with a gruff voice whose weakness is Blind People AND jetpacks.

He sucked as a Kid. He sucked when they changed his voice. He was Boba Fatt in Mando... And now he is who he is in this series.

So, I watch this as an alternate Universe, I guess.

If I want to believe he is the real fett then I can get past some of this also. The fact that he is still not fully healed. The fact that he is based after Clint Eastwoods Man with No Name character and Clint use to go through some hell in those films.

If its the fact that he is a bit of a softy well, I can chalk that up to near death experiences and age.

IDK. What where you guys expecting??

Yeah, my Grammer and spelling are notoriously bad on here. Just ask Jye.

But that creature looked like a Ray Harryhausen creation. A cross between the Ymir, Kraken, and Centaur.

It had a shape that looked more like those classics then an overdone CGI effect.
Fixed the above for you ;)

Mandalorian should have been Boba Fett.
I was reading some of the complaints.

Was everyone hoping for an infallible Boba Fett??

Again, the show has gone out of its way to point out that he is not 100%.

And anyone thinking that Disney was going to make a show about a pure villain. Well, I don't know what to say :lol

Seems like this show is going the Vito Corleone way of creating Boba Fetts character and the way he will lead the underground.

So many pages to read. What is everyone's biggest issue with this show in a nutshell?
Logic and Boba Fett not being a bad ass like everyone imagines him being.
Unfortunately that’s the way my opinion of SW has morphed into since the Disney buy out. It used to be a major part of my life and I used to love geeking out over little details that I’d missed in the OT. Remembering when 5 years or so after ROTJ most people forgot about SW and there seemed to be almost an underground, cool, secret worldwide club that still were passionate about it and lived for what it stood for. Now, since the ST, countless **** cartoons and spin off ass fodder, the whole SW universe has almost become something that I’m embarrassed to even be a part of! The laws, mysteries and coolness that used to be associated with SW have now become so diluted, that they don’t hold any importance to me anymore. I’m planning on selling off pretty much all my HT and SS collection this year, plus the rest of any post Kenner / Palitoy stuff I have. I hate saying that, but that’s the way this whole Disney shower of **** has degraded SW for me, at least.
Great way to put it. There was the mainstream stuff, but that underground of depth where the Force and other characters/events were grown and beloved. It really is insulting what people in charge have done to SW. Sad to see all the hard work the creators behind the scenes did is simply ignored now.

I've narrowed my focus to Hot Toys Mando-ROTJ-ESB Luke, ANH R2 and ROTJ Boba. While this show is disappointing, so was TLJ to put it mildly. I'll hold onto the OT and EU takes on the characters.

No he really shouldn't have been, as this place would have imploded if he fell for cute little Baby Yoda. It would be this thread the last 3 days times 1000. :lol
All I want is for Fett to look cool and act cool. Mando did both so if they had said that he was Fett (with or without post-Sarlacc amnesia) I would have been more than happy.

Back