The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is the ST looking better yet (or the PT for that matter)?

Um, no.

This show is certainly similar in it's failure. Unplanned, poorly written, inconsistent design with previously established SW aesthetic, directed by people more interested in character deconstruction and "wouldn't it be cool?" sequences and visuals than creating a coherent, myth-based story that would encourage repeated viewing and exposure than deepens the meaning and connection to its audience as well as great respect for what came before.

BOBF has been sadly shocking in it's execution. Some of the shock comes from seeing Favreau's name on the credits. How could the guy who gave us Ironman and The Mandalorian be the force behind such a disjointed, chaotic production? Just remember, that same guy gave us Zathura and two lifeless cartoon-to-"live-action" movies that while technically proficient, were creepy, empty and unwatchable.

Sometimes our enthusiasm for Star Wars blinds us to the fact that while we have over 40 years of appreciation and love for this franchise because of it's great story, relatable characters and glorious worldbuilding, the current regime that "owns" it regards it as an asset to be exploited to the max, not a touchstone to be treasured, respected and curated with care.

It's been interesting to read the discussion about Grogu's "choice" and his appearance (along with Mando) in this show. There was never a choice. This is entertainment by algorithm, not art. That made the "choice" moot. The profitable pair must not be broken up, not when there are more "aww"-filled adorable moments to exploit, even if it means short-changing the dramatic story possibilities for the two characters. The momentous conclusion to the Mandalorian's quest of returning Grogu to the Jedi was completely undone in the BOBF finale to provide the most cringe-inducing moments in SW since Jar Jar first stepped in front of Qui-Gon in TPM. That cringe at least had a means to an end with the story. The Grogu/Mando moments in BOBF only succeeded in gutting both characters and making them into caricatures of what had been presented up to that point. sad and short-sighted .

BOBF will rival the Sequel Trilogy in one other significant way...as the biggest missed opportunities in SW history to expand the story and introduce new ideas and elements in a way that makes that galaxy far, far away even more vital and interesting.

Disney/Lucasfilm may continue to make money and trade on the past of this franchise, but any more content like BOBF risks rendering this once-great and influential franchise into just another bloated bunch of content to be scrolled past on a streaming service...

This is the bottom line for Disney now.....

SW JUNK.jpg

....soon to be rotting in a landfill near you.

There is already speculation online that even though grogu chose to go help Mando, Luke gave him the saber ..they just won’t reveal that until S3 of Mando.

I can see Luke doing that. It’s Luke, he understands :lecture

Jedi: [snip the rest of this insightful post] BOBF will rival the Sequel Trilogy in one other significant way...as the biggest missed opportunities in SW history to expand the story and introduce new ideas and elements in a way that makes that galaxy far, far away even more vital and interesting.

Hell, I would have settled for a reaffirmation and enhancement of stuff we already knew.

I think they're so focused on trying to erase most of EU/Legends that they've went a little crazy. That's all they can see: killing the past. That the past has a lot of good history does not matter, as long as we make sure to rub your nose in all the stuff we want to make sure you learn.

Problem is, I dont watch/read entertainment to be taught a lesson. I'm not a little kid. I'm not here to be in school. I just want to see Mando and/or Boba doing the equivalent of clotheslining people and then shooting them dead when they're down, because that person deserved it.

My wants are simple.

When Grogu was knocking on the N1 bubble window I was hoping it was because he wanted to be with Mando in the cockpit and not for the turbo boost.

I mean i’m ok with the turbo boost it’s cute but it would’ve had more heart if he wanted to be inside the cockpit with Mando.
I honestly thought the exact same thing!

Maybe it was mentioned and I missed it but did anyone recognize those big droids as being unused Doug Chiang designs for the Battle of Geonosis from The Art of Attack of the Clones? All I could find online was this cropped image for those who don't know what I'm talking about:

Droidscan.jpg

Maybe it was mentioned and I missed it but did anyone recognize those big droids as being unused Doug Chiang designs for the Battle of Geonosis from The Art of Attack of the Clones? All I could find online was this cropped image for those who don't know what I'm talking about:

View attachment 561822
But why are droidekas still a thing this is like 28 years after Grievous’s armies were wiped out.

11E88D94-E08C-4BE9-88F5-145E53E138E9.jpeg

When Grogu was knocking on the N1 bubble window I was hoping it was because he wanted to be with Mando in the cockpit and not for the turbo boost.

I mean i’m ok with the turbo boost it’s cute but it would’ve had more heart if he wanted to be inside the cockpit with Mando.
Mando thinks that Grogu is asking for the turbo switch, but Grogu is banging on the glass to say, "I can't breathe in here! This port was meant for droids." :lol

But why are droidekas still a thing this is like 28 years after Grievous’s armies were wiped out.

View attachment 561823
I could see certain criminal organizations wanting to keep some decommissioned Clone Wars droids stashed away in their back pockets for a rainy day. They would have made for pretty awesome counters to the Empire's Scout Walkers.

Mando thinks that Grogu is asking for the turbo switch, but Grogu is banging on the glass to say, "I can't breathe in here! This port was meant for droids." :lol
That'd be hilarious if Grogu realized he could just use the Force to endlessly push the turbo button in front of Mando, lol. "GROGUUUUUUUU!!!"

View attachment 561823
Speaking of those Mos Espa droids being like droidekas, remember when a 10-year-old realized that Naboo Starfighter cannons would probably be strong enough to penetrate energy shields where regular blasters couldn't?

If only there was a Naboo Starfighter around during that Mos Espa battle. Oh wait... :lol

Speaking of those Mos Espa droids being like droidekas, remember when a 10-year-old realized that Naboo Starfighter cannons would probably be strong enough to penetrate energy shields where regular blasters couldn't?

If only there was a Naboo Starfighter around during that Mos Espa battle. Oh wait... :lol

I think when it comes to this show you either watch it as Seth Green from Austin Powers ("dude just blast the droids with your Naboo Starfighter, duh") or you watch it as Dr. Evil ("Can I just get a frikkin' Rancor with Boba Fett on its back? Is that really too much to ask?")

I'm definitely a Dr. Evil. :lol

I think when it comes to this show you either watch it as Seth Green from Austin Powers ("dude just blast the droids with your Naboo Starfighter, duh") or you watch it as Dr. Evil ("Can I just get a frikkin' Rancor with Boba Fett on its back? Is that really too much to ask?")

I'm definitely a Dr. Evil. :lol

Last edited:
Back