The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5806602_sa.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/beauty...d-only--best-buy-2017/5806602.p?skuId=5806602

I haven't seen the theatrical cut as I didn't see this in the theatres and I don't have a 4K set up right now, but the extended edition was okay.

But if you're a steel book collector, this is one nice steel book.

What irks me is that they haven't released the extended cuts of Conan the Barbarian, Commando, Punisher (Jane) and Fantastic Four 1 on bluray.

I might be wrong about Commando supposedly the April 2015 best buy exclusive steelbook had the extended but I can't confirm that.

No prob. :duff

Nice looking steel, but again, as with the Jungle Book and Pete's Dragon (as well as TFA) before it, no 3D disc. :mad:

I've pre-ordered Zavvi's steel as well. Now to decide which one to keep...

Not final/confirmed art yet, but still pretty nice...

11428137-1614469062871892.jpg

Was Pete's Dragon any good? Contemplating ordering Zavvi's steel with the 3D disc, but it would be a blind buy for me...

Disney is so unpredictable with 3D. Why one movie gets a 3D release and another doesn't makes no sense to me, I really don't understand why they seem to only release 60% on 3D. It has nothing to do with success, as Frozen never saw a domestic 3D release.

Do you have Netflix? It's available to stream right now.

Was Pete's Dragon any good?

Honestly it was one of my favorite films of 2016. Just watched it again on Netflix and it really is just an amazing little gem. I haven't seen Beauty and the Beast but it blows away all the other Disney live-action remakes. It's quiet literally the antithesis of the new BatB because it doesn't attempt to recreate the original film scene by scene, it's a completely different story and experience (greatly for the better.)

Back