The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't do streaming. I still go to movies at the theater or I'll watch a BD I bought or rented from Netflix.

I'm lucky because there's an Alamo close to me.

I'm going to go see 1982 The Thing there on 10/10.

I was thinking of making a Norris spider head contraption that fits over my head that I can puppet with his spider legs, i'll have to sit on the back row. :lol

Yes, I do worry about being shot now in a theater, but oh well, i'm not going to stop living because of that fear.

Last edited:
Bluray question: is there a planned updated blu ray coming of The Road Warrior in conjunction with the new movie?

I was going to buy it at Best Buy but not if a better one is planned for next year.

Bluray question: is there a planned updated blu ray coming of The Road Warrior in conjunction with the new movie?

I was going to buy it at Best Buy but not if a better one is planned for next year.

Not that i've heard of, no. They might rerelease it with a different cover art and/or movie cash for the new movie but that's probably it.

Not that i've heard of, no. They might rerelease it with a different cover art and/or movie cash for the new movie but that's probably it.

Agreed. I don't think there will be any more time invested in this one than already has been.

I will say the current disc is pretty darn good looking for what it is.

If a new release does come out, Fingaz will order it, it will show up at my house and he will get it 3 months later. :lol :monkey3

There's one for Mad Max coming out, but not The Road Warrior.

Disney and Marvel Studios have officially announced and detailed the Blu-ray release of writer/director James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy, starring Chris Pratt as Peter Quill aka Star-Lord, Zoe Saldana as Gamora, Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer, Bradley Cooper as the voice of Rocket Raccoon, Vin Diesel as the voice of Groot, Lee Pace as Ronan, Michael Rooker as Yondu, Karen Gillan as Nebula, Glenn Close as Nova Prime Rael and Benicio del Toro as The Collector. The summer blockbuster arrives via 2D and 3D Blu-ray combo packs on December 9th.

Official Synopsis: From Marvel, the studio that brought you the global blockbuster franchises of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers, comes a new team: the Guardians of the Galaxy. An action-packed, epic space adventure, Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe.

To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits: Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon; Groot, a tree-like humanoid; the deadly and enigmatic Gamora; and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer. But when Quill discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand--with the galaxy's fate in the balance.

The Blu-ray release of Guardians of the Galaxy is presented in 1080p with DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 surround. Special features include:

Audio Commentary
Never-Before-Seen Deleted Scenes
Making-of Featurettes
Exclusive Look at Marvel's The Avengers: Age of Ultron
Gag Reel

gotgblu2.jpg

gotgblu1.jpg

I know BB is supposed to have a steelbook in the U.S., but I hope it's the same as the zavvi, and not just a lame version of the cast poster like the either of those.

I know BB is supposed to have a steelbook in the U.S., but I hope it's the same as the zavvi, and not just a lame version of the cast poster like the either of those.

It is the same as the Zavvi release but with titles on front & spine

I think the steelbook looks awful & this will be the first Marvel steelbook I skip & will be going for the Amray & slipcase instead

Neil

Back