The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I can't wait. It's so incredibly surreal to me to think that this is finally happening. Honestly, in some ways, it's sort of like life imitating art because I can't help but be drawn back to the "Beware the Grey Ghost" episode of The Animated Series.

Reminds me of when I used to buy VHS cassettes a LONG time ago, they used to cost $80 or $90 a pop because it was almost entirely a rental market. I remember as a young teenager going to the store and plunking down $80 for ROTJ VHS and the clerk looking at me like I was insane.

Then came the Laserdisc market and I loved criterions and other boxed sets, which ran for $100 to $125 each. I look back at that now and wonder where the hell I got that kind of money.

Nowadays when you can buy a Blu for $20, I cant help but think that I was an idiot back then for spending so much.

Reminds me of when I used to buy VHS cassettes a LONG time ago, they used to cost $80 or $90 a pop because it was almost entirely a rental market. I remember as a young teenager going to the store and plunking down $80 for ROTJ VHS and the clerk looking at me like I was insane.

Then came the Laserdisc market and I loved criterions and other boxed sets, which ran for $100 to $125 each. I look back at that now and wonder where the hell I got that kind of money.

Nowadays when you can buy a Blu for $20, I cant help but think that I was an idiot back then for spending so much.

Oh, man! I was in the same boat. Overpriced VHS movies from Columbia House and then I found out about laserdiscs. It's funny I had no problems dropping that kind of money back then, but I balk at paying $25-30 for a 3D Blu-ray. :lol

Oh, man! I was in the same boat. Overpriced VHS movies from Columbia House and then I found out about laserdiscs. It's funny I had no problems dropping that kind of money back then, but I balk at paying $25-30 for a 3D Blu-ray. :lol

Both well said.

If anyone is going to get any Criterions from Barnes and Noble, here is a 15% off code for any one item till July 7th. And no, I haven't tried it yet. :D

Enter code 1ZXXMA9CCG1JF at checkout.

If anyone is going to get any Criterions from Barnes and Noble, here is a 15% off code for any one item till July 7th. And no, I haven't tried it yet. :D

Enter code 1ZXXMA9CCG1JF at checkout.
I got a code in my email and picked up Red River for $21 on Friday 😆

I'm impatiently waiting on getting the Captain America TWS blu-ray steelbook from Best Buy. :impatient:

image17.jpg

Back