The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blu-ray wins format war

Yeah, TDK I could see, as there is tons of cool stuf to include for the movie and behind the scenes, but Wall-E doesn't need 3 discs.
The third disc is the Digital Copy.

From High-Def Digest:
https://www.highdefdigest.com/news/...ters_Inc._Lead_Disney_2009_Blu-ray_Slate/2384

Disney is previewing its Blu-ray plans for 2009 in a CES announcement, including official confirmation of the highly-anticipated high-def debuts of 'Snow White,' 'Sin City,' 'Pulp Fiction,' and 'Monsters, Inc.'...
:rock :rock :rock

I'm anxiously awaiting ANYTHING from Pixar, I thought the wait for M.I. was gonna be much longer so this is awesome news. I hope Toy Story and The Incredibles come next year.

Also, the Ghostbusters Blu-ray has now been set for a June 16th release.

:banana
:woo HELL YEAH!!

It's about time some must-get titles are starting to be announced for Blu-ray in 2009. :rock

Yeah, we need those for sure. LOTR is supposed to hit this year from what I've heard. I'm pretty sure as well its supposed to be the EE.

I've heard the theatrical versions are being released first, individually, and that a boxed set of the EE will likely be released right before The Hobbit hits theathers.

From High-Def Digest:
https://www.highdefdigest.com/news/...nnouncements/X-Men,_X2_Headed_to_Blu-ray/2411

'X-Men,' 'X2' Headed to Blu-ray

Attention, mutants: Fox Home Entertainment has announced a mid-April Blu-ray arrival for the blockbusters 'X-Men' and 'X2: X-Men United.'

In late 2006, Fox helped kicked off their Blu-ray support with the next-gen release of 'X-Men: The Last Stand,' though the first two Bryan Singer-directed installments where nowhere to be seen.

Now fans hoping to complete the trilogy on Blu-ray can mark April 21 on their calendars, which Fox has set as the date that both 'X-Men' and 'X2: X-Men United' will at last hit high-def.

From High-Def Digest:
https://www.highdefdigest.com/news/...cements/More_Clone_Wars_Coming_This_Year/2410

More 'Clone Wars' Coming This Year

There's no exact date yet, but Lucasfilm says it's planning to bring episodes of the animated Star Wars series 'Clone Wars' to Blu-ray beginning this Spring.

Following the release of the theatrical feature 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' on Blu-ray late last year, the company revealed it will debut the first four episodes of season one of The Cartoon Network series on high-def in late March.

Extras currently being developed for the Blu-ray include "explorations of the behind-the-scenes creation of the hit series," with further details to be confirmed at a later date.

In the same announcement, Lucasfilm also says it is planning a more elaborate, complete season one box set for Blu-ray later this year (timed to coincide with the premiere of the show's second season).

I'll be holding out for the season set. :banana

From High-Def Digest:
https://www.highdefdigest.com/news/...host_of_Mars_to_Haunt_Blu-ray_this_March/2417

'Ghost of Mars' to Haunt Blu-ray this March

Sony Pictures has announced its latest catalog release for high-def, bringing John Carpenter's 'Ghosts of Mars' to Blu-ray in late March.

The 2001 box office disappointment, starring Natasha Henstridge, Ice Cube, and a bunch of Marilyn Manson-looking martians, will receive its Blu-ray debut on March 31.

Tech specs will see 1080p/AVC MPEG-4 video (2.35:1) and Dolby TrueHD 5.1 Surround audio.

Extras include audio commentary with Carpenter and Henstridge, plus three featurettes ("Video Diary: Red Desert Nights," "SFX Deconstructions," "Scoring Ghosts of Mars").

The disc also comes BD-Live enabled, though no exclusive content has been announced.

Suggested retail price for the Blu-ray has been set at $28.95.

Oh ^^^^!! Ordered!!!!'

I also bought IM for like $12 yesterday! Sorry I didn't put it up!! I just figured everyone had it already. My bad guys!

Where'd you get IM for $12? I know Amazon has it for $16.99 currently.

It was a deal yesterday on Amazon. It was in my cart, but I hadn't ordered it yet and I bought a Shun knife yesterday and the top part of my cart had a message that IM BR price had dropped so I snatched it up!

Like I said, I didn't think about posting it as I figured most people had it. But hell, that's still pretty damn cheap. Thats the price of a new DVD now.

Anyone check out Babylon A.D. the new one on Blu-Ray yet?? I want to see it, but wanna make sure it's even worth it first.

Yeah, I'll probably order it at $16.99. I keep hoping TDK will drop that low.

can anyone here vouch for panasonic for making hdtvs ?.
Been looking around ( can't buy a tv yet since my wooden floor is rising at the back where it would be placed and it could tipple ! lol ) and been told at alot of places at the moment panasonic seems to be standing out as the favorite... ?.
The picture did look near perfect on alot of them.

can anyone here vouch for panasonic for making hdtvs ?.
Been looking around ( can't buy a tv yet since my wooden floor is rising at the back where it would be placed and it could tipple ! lol ) and been told at alot of places at the moment panasonic seems to be standing out as the favorite... ?.
The picture did look near perfect on alot of them.

Yes, I have a Panasonic Plasma and I wouldn't trade it for anything other than the Pioneer Kuro line of Plasmas, which start at $6k. I love my Panny Plasma and they have amazing CS too!!

My 700U ^^^^ing rocks socks and is one of the best color accurate I've seen and I looked for like a year before I got mine. I suggest the 42" 800U as the smallest TV of theirs and of course the 50" is ^^^^ing tits!!!!

If you are looking into your first HDTV and it's plasma, I can't recommend them any higher. Shoot me a PM if you have some mopre specific questions and I'll hook you up man!!

Back