The Best Superman/Wonder Woman Reading Materials?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny how sobebody can't even write ____ Grayson without being censored!

Now, I've read most of the Superman material spoken of here and love them all.

However, I don't know about you Supes fans, but I don't think I like any of the origins proposed whether in serials, films, comics or series. I often find myself saying: this is cool! this should be canon!... thing is I like a bit of all of them while there are others I particularly dislike (I particularly hate the African storyline and Pa's attitude in Birthright, among others). I end up having my own "definitive" origin in my head and in no other media!

I kinda feel the same way, Superman's origin has been changed quite a bit over the past 30 years I've been reading comics and I have an origin stuck in my mind as well. I read Superman as a by product of reading a lot of comics, he is not my favorite character by any means but there are some great stories out there with him and I enjoy Smallville much the same I enjoyed Superboy and Lois and Clark, just enjoy them for what they are and realize they have nothing to do with the comics.

Evan

Haven't read them all, but these are my favorite Supermans ( I have TONS more to get, but this what I currently have)

Superman: For All Seasons
Superman: Secret Identity
Superman: Birthright
Kingdom Come

Thanks for the responses so far guys, appreciated...So here's what I'm going to check out so far from my library...

Superman: The Man of Steel, Vol.2
The Death and Life of Superman: A Novel

and for Wonder Woman:
Wonder Woman Vol.1: Gods and Mortals
Wonder Woman: The Circle

I did my best to get these few in chronological order, I thought they had vol.1 of Man of Steel but could only find vol.2 and the few others on my list that I found out they didn't have, so I was like ugh... If you guys know about libraries tho, you know that the selection of books they have sucks, at least our system in L.A. county...So I know I may just have to break down and fork out the little cash and buy the others that they don't carry, especially if I want to finish the whole series of volumes...So anyway that's what I got so far and looking forward to reading them...Thanks again for the help guys and keep giving me suggestions of you have em...

James

Didn't think they even had comic/graphic novels at libraries at all. Where did you go to get them?

Well, I had to go thru the the L.A. county library website, and place a hold on each one and if they are available, they can send them to your local library to pick them up...So that's what I'm waiting for now...

Back