The Beatles Official Project Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A quick sneak peak at John Lennon.

johnlennonwip.jpg

Very nice, Spenser! :clap

This is getting exciting. :cool:

My only notes:

1) Maybe better to have John's mouth/lips opened slightly as many of us are posing these Guys in a band display

2) John had thicker eyebrows, but that could be a paint apps thing

Can't wait to see more pics as this sculpt develops, but man, those are John's eyes, his prominent nose, his distinctive jaw... boy this project is getting better by the day. Thank you Steven. :D

Last edited:
First of all: Awesome John sculpt Spenser! Personally, I would prefer the mouth the way it is, but that's just me.
Secondly, Pjam, would you mind if I posted about this project on my blog? No one ever really reads it but I'd like to get some more posts on there.
Finally, I think it would be cool to have some figures from the 68-69 era set up like they're recording at Abbey Road. It would be darn near impossible to source parts though.

I think it would be cool to have some figures from the 68-69 era set up like they're recording at Abbey Road. It would be darn near impossible to source parts though.

I agree it would be cool to have some mid 60's Beatles or some later Beatles

Secondly, Pjam, would you mind if I posted about this project on my blog? No one ever really reads it but I'd like to get some more posts on there.

I really don't feel comfortable with that at this point, Bro. So I have to insist this Project be kept absolutely Private.

Maybe when all the sculpts are done and then I will leave that up to Spenser. This is comfortably locked in here for a reason, away from the Public Web Arena. Beatles likeness issues at play here. We don't want that money grubbing Yoko sending her Lawyers after us. :lol

I really don't feel comfortable with that at this point, Bro. So I have to insist this Project be kept absolutely Private.

Maybe when all the sculpts are done and then I will leave that up to Spenser. This is comfortably locked in here for a reason, away from the Public Web Arena. Beatles likeness issues at play here. We don't want that money grubbing Yoko sending her Lawyers after us. :lol

Lol Okay, no problem at all.

1) Maybe better to have John's mouth/lips opened slightly as many of us are posing these Guys in a band display

I agree. I would unquestionably prefer a sculpt that implies he is singing. Just a subtle open mouth would convey that.

Looks wonderful otherwise, instantly recognisable as John Lennon.

My only notes:

2) John had thicker eyebrows, but that could be a paint apps thing

Yea, I intended to have him with an open “singing” mouth…these picture I post are just to let you know I’m working on the project.

As for John’s eyebrows…I don’t think you’re going need to paint them. the sculpt will be alot like this.

lennon02.jpg

This is really looking good!

Pjam, look for a pm about clothing sources...:cool:

Many thanks, Gruff. I'm sure we can find someone to tailor some outfits. I'll do my best to contact those sources and I encourage everyone here to look into this as I am not that familiar with this kind of thing. If not, I'll go with the default suit I sourced.

Been detailing Guitars, should be finished soon, will post pics. :cool:

Last edited:
Just showed the Lennon sculpt to my 14 yr old daughter who has discovered the Beatles and is obessessed with them. Is it too late to get on the list for these sculpts. She is very impressed with Spenser's work on John and wants me to get her a set. Let me know if I can still get in on them. Thanks. Mike

Just showed the Lennon sculpt to my 14 yr old daughter who has discovered the Beatles and is obessessed with them. Is it too late to get on the list for these sculpts. She is very impressed with Spenser's work on John and wants me to get her a set. Let me know if I can still get in on them. Thanks. Mike

Mike, you and your Daughter are absolutely welcome to join in on the Beatles fun. Of course what you saw were work in progress sculpts so it will only get better. :D

I will be compiling a list of all those who expressed interest in the order posted as a guide for Spenser. Once the heads are complete Spenser will take over all orders directly.

Anyway, welcome. :welcome

if you're making a list, then definitely put me on, i'm a huge Beatles fan! ...and please lets not refer to yoko again...it pains me just to see her name

You're good too villainsfan! I will post up a list later this week.

Other News: I contacted this Guy who makes 1/6 VOX Amps/Speakers and he is willing to sell them to us privately (off ebay). I also encouraged him to join the board to see what we are doing. Anyway, they are nice and are very detailed in back as well. I will prolly pick up 2 of them. Maybe he can do microphones too.

Here's his email: [email protected]

avoxamp.jpg

Last edited:
THE FAB FOUR LIST

Below is a list of all Members who expressed interest in a set unless otherwise noted in the order posted. This is only a Guide for Spenser. My only disclaimer is that Spenser will take orders directly and determine when how who and in what order they are processed. :cool:

pjam
pixeltwin
fistfulmetal
Batty
2000man
Jediguy
The Mike - John
thecapn
ltm438
siquisiri - 64 & 69
sithlord1975
yodasan
odowankenobi
Gruff Old Bear
philbobaggins
immauser
memnoch
The Ween
stmod0568
Paulim17
KingGrayskull
krec9
Edwardnygma - Ringo & Paul
mando - John
SpaceCrawler
Star Puffs
thainer
villainsfan42

Paul, John, and Ringo are in the mold rubber now. I'll try and get George done tonight.

aaabtu.gif

Last edited:
I might have an option for the outfits, Details later tonight.

Paul, John, and Ringo are in the mold rubber now. I'll try and get George done tonight.

I asked my mom today if she thought she would be interested in doing some suits and she said yes. If we can all agree on one suit it would be easier, but for now she wants to try just one suit to see how it will look and about how much it will cost. Below are three; (The charcoal grey with the velvet collar is the one I would want for myself, so that one will most likely get made regardless.) but I do want to know what you guys think. Also below are two examples of her work.

Suit one: Collarless Silver grey 3 buttons
beatlessuit1.jpg

Suit two: Dark charcoal grey with black velvet collar 4 buttons.
beatlessuit2.jpg

Suit three: Sliver with black velvet collar 4 buttons.
beatlessuit3.jpg

sit7.jpg

pvlad2.jpg

Back