The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
donald-sutherland-pod.gif

Wor deserves a curb stomp after that Strange comment:

derek-vinyard-american-history-x.gif

A racist Joker would be interesting. That'd be a new twist.

A racist Joker would be interesting. That'd be a new twist.

You mean, a black actor in white face? I like that idea. I like it alot.

I also like the idea of Two Face being a black actor who has the messed up side of his face burned nasty pale.

Hot damn, now i want to see this film in IMAX, i have to choose between my kids birthday party or this movie again, hahaha, I love my kids but my ex wife will be there and I can’t be in the same room, all things considered hahaha.

The reviews from LA Times, NY Times, Time magazine, etc, seem less than thrilled with this movie.
If you’re a Batman fiend you will love it.

However….the actual corruption plot is pretty simple lets say thought provoking for the 12-16 age group maybe 17.

Mobster = Bad

Corrupt Cop working for Mobster = Bad

Politicians working for Mobster = Bad

Batman going after corruption = Good

Intricate for the minecraft/fortnite crowd lol

If you’re a Batman fiend you will love it.

However….the actual corruption plot is pretty simple lets say thought provoking for the 12-16 age group maybe 17.

Mobster = Bad

Corrupt Cop working for Mobster = Bad

Politicians working for Mobster = Bad

Batman going after corruption = Good

Jye math.

I think I already know where I will land on this. I will like this world best, but prefer Ledger Joker as Batman's best antagonist on film.

Hopefully, The Batman 2 will be insane...

I am seriously tempted at buying that Lego Batmobile lol.... Just don't know where to put it when I build it. :lol

SPOILER REVIEW TO FOLLOW:

Wow, just Wow. Great Film.
9/10

So, where to begin, there's quite a bit going on in this film, beyond the obvious, that most film goers will miss..
Cinematography: Spot on, FINALLY a dark , brooding, rain streaked Gotham. Its dirty, it sleazy and it feels like a city on the edge. IT a great backdrop for our year 2 Batman....speaking if that?

Characters: Pattison nailed it. I cannot believe how much he is able to convey in that cowl. His eyes literally shift moment to moment, and they tell the story. Never has any Batman been so revealing with just eye expressions. Which is really interesting, because as Bruce...he is totally flat. But that's on PURPOSE. Its great seeing a director really delve into what a year 2 Batman would be. Obsessed with vengeance and criminal behavior that he has forgotten his own humanity. Enter Selena, Zoe played a good Catwoman, although I pretty much do not like the character, she was less annoying and a better fit for the story (Shades of Bat and Cat story line for one). She is also the lynchpin to bringing Bruce back from the edge. He only cares about vengeance, then slowly he starts to make human connections....the Mayors son, Selina's murdered friend, Alfred, then finally, the citizens of Gotham. Cause that what this is really about...its Bruce coming into the hero role.....and him understanding that it is not about revenge, but saving his true love...the City itself.

Danos riddler was good, but it felt restrained at parts, and forced at others....His interrogation scene was the best, and kinda saved the whole role for me.

WTF was Colin doing as Penguin?? That was some crazy role. At times he seemed to be copying Diniro, then other times he was fully Penguin. Props to him for achieving such a feet in all that makeup.

Best Scenes: Introduction to the Batmobile, Initial club flight scene/penguin meetup. Bruce leading out the people from the garden and the rooftop moment. Riddler and Batman meet.

Score: I didn't think it was possible, but I l Love the new Batman theme. Its simple and effective, and very easy to get hooked on. The whole score was minimalist, and at times felt like TDK Story: To me, it was a mis-mash of many of the graphic novels. So nothing really new. It was a combination of Court of Owls, Bat and Cat, Year One, and the Synder stuff. Its a good take on the some of the lesser known arcs, while preserving the past.

Much more to digest and discuss, just a starter here.

As a side note, I am sure there will be trolls whom will call this a bad film. But I doubt anyone will be able to support that narrative. It a well made, well paced, well acted exciting film.

Negatives? The end credit scene. I real do not need the return of that guy again. With such a fantastic rouges gallery, why not go into a different direction? My perfect trilogy would be part 2 having Bruce and Robin already together and at odds with each other while dealing with a villain team up. Then have Cat, Bat and Robin take on 5-6 major villain's, leading to a spinoff Nightwing movie.

And yeah, may have to get the HT version of this Batman, the suit look great, wonderful combo if Gotham by gaslight and zero year.

maxresdefault.jpg
BM21_1.jpg

2h 20m-ish is the sweet spot. I don't account for credits, which is 10 minutes. TDK and Infinity War = Gigachad, both right there. If you are around 3 hours, there is some jerking off that is unnecessary. Momentum is a very important factor for a film for me. This had some uneven momentum. The first two acts have been some of the best comic book material in any movie.

Very much a miller-mazzucchelli year 1 vibe in this movie which I really liked. The more I think about it the more I really like riddler portrayal. I really enjoyed Batman not being the playboy ladies man, more in tune with the Batman comic story arcs that I enjoy. Will go to see this again soon.

Yep, second viewing material definitely. All those people saying hes emo are kinda wrong now. To me Batman was always an emo type. This portrayal he's more disturbed that emo.

The more I think on it , the more I realize the parraells they were making to his disconnection to the Ridldlers pathos.

Makes the interrogation scene make more sense and why Riddler though they were the same.

Back