The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Riddler no longer wears the question marks, just a green suit now. But I see what you mean. I still associate green with Riddler tho, but that's probably a generational thing. I knew Riddler before Ivy.

Bob Hoskins was a good Penguin in the Jet Li film, Unleashed. That's how I see Penguin.

Oh I knew Riddler long before Ivy. Seems like Ivy and Two-Face really came into their own in the Batman Animated series and in the 90's.

Before that, the core four were: Joker, Penguin, Riddler and Catwoman. I think that was a result from the Adam Werst series.

Yeah, that's when I discovered Two Face too. He quickly became a favorite just because of his look and coin gimmick. No Country for Old Men did the coin toss routine better than any Batman movie unfortunately. Forever is a distant second because that coin was very cool.lookin and it had a.great sound. TDK coin scenes were terrible...except the hospital scene.

I really dislike TDK Two-Face for many reasons.

Joker is outstanding and makes up for a mediocre movie, terrible Rachel, poorly cast Bale and Eckhart, and super unbelievable Two-Face.

I really dislike TDK Two-Face for many reasons.

Joker is outstanding and makes up for a mediocre movie, terrible Rachel, poorly cast Bale and Eckhart, and super unbelievable Two-Face.

Jaysus.

I'm indifferent about Rachel. Casting consistency is preferred but for whatever reason it couldn't be in this case. Maggie didn't bother me though, I certainly don't think she warrants specific dislike :dunno Bale is great apart from his Bat-voice (which somehow gets worse in TDKR), Eckhart was great apart from his Two-Face stretching credibility. Being severely and horribly wounded is generally a handicap, but not for him apparently :lol

Mediocre movie? It's a bit disjointed towards the end but that doesn't relegate it to mediocre for me. It at least maintains 'very good' status

I think the Riddler has been treated poorly in many type of mediums. Lots of angles taken just make him look like a dumb wannabe. But I always enjoyed the Riddler for the puzzles and the need to be tested intellectually. I think that just fits a Brit to be cast for the Riddler. Jonny Lee Miller would be great. If Cumberbatch was not Dr. Strange, I think he would be perfect. Top hat, cane and lavish green outfit is the pompous villain I want to see. Not over the top, but knows he is clearly 4 steps ahead of anyone else. That is why this movie being described as a detective movie has me fascinated. But, when I see there are many villains involved, it has me concerned. If Reeves goes right into a detective film and not all the Batman back story garbage, it could be great.

Let's make it simpler for your guys: if TDK had Letoker in it, it would be a very mediocre movie... because other than Ledger's performance, the rest of the movie is meh.

When you have to go to the restroom, do you go when Ledger's on screen? No. You wait for any other moment... and you won't miss much.

Let's make it simpler for your guys: if TDK had Letoker in it, it would be a very mediocre movie... because other than Ledger's performance, the rest of the movie is meh.

When you have to go to the restroom, do you go when Ledger's on screen? No. You wait for any other moment... and you won't miss much.

835a3b6f79c4f009c0fa6297a1fdb0ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of Catwoman, I just remembered her solo mini-series from about 1990 or so.

Look at the cover of the first issue.

703623.jpg

"In the RUINS OF INNOCENCE" in giant bold letters over a hooker's obviously recently-raped body.

Man. Comics were different in the 90s. This would probably get banned by twitter SJWs before it could ever get published, cause how dare they ever imply a woman can be a victim?? Still, it's pretty tacky to put something that graphic on the front cover to gain attention. It was only a year or two after Killing Joke though, so I guess that was edgy thing DC was doing at the time.

I had this miniseries and I don't remember if there was any explicit sexual assault, but she definitely got beat up. And was a hooker. Then Wildcat taught her how to fight in the gym, and she became the kinda-villain she's been ever since. But man, she had the worst butch man-cut hairdo in this and Year One. Gross.

And I think the follow up story, which was in DC Showcase, shows her best friend in the world, an adorable UNDERAGE HOOKER get blown up by street gangs or something. Can't really remember. It's been a while, but I remember thinking this was some graphic stuff. And it stayed that way for years til they quietly retconned her having sex with men for money out of her origin.

The 90s were a different time, man.

Speaking of Catwoman, I just remembered her solo mini-series from about 1990 or so.

Look at the cover of the first issue.

View attachment 468573

"In the RUINS OF INNOCENCE" in giant bold letters over a hooker's obviously recently-raped body.

Man. Comics were different in the 90s. This would probably get banned by twitter SJWs before it could ever get published, cause how dare they ever imply a woman can be a victim?? Still, it's pretty tacky to put something that graphic on the front cover to gain attention. It was only a year or two after Killing Joke though, so I guess that was edgy thing DC was doing at the time.

I had this miniseries and I don't remember if there was any explicit sexual assault, but she definitely got beat up. And was a hooker. Then Wildcat taught her how to fight in the gym, and she became the kinda-villain she's been ever since. But man, she had the worst butch man-cut hairdo in this and Year One. Gross.

And I think the follow up story, which was in DC Showcase, shows her best friend in the world, an adorable UNDERAGE HOOKER get blown up by street gangs or something. Can't really remember. It's been a while, but I remember thinking this was some graphic stuff. And it stayed that way for years til they quietly retconned her having sex with men for money out of her origin.

The 90s were a different time, man.

I miss the 80's and 90's comics art style. They looked like they were hand drawn, colored and printed on real paper. Now, the paper feels differently and the art looks like it was done with a computer or something.

Back