The Authority

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Empir3

Super Freak
Reaction score
Now that you have the DC license is there any chance we will get to see any collectables of The Authority? They may not be the biggest DC characters but they were unique and deserve some love IMO.

authority-hitch.jpg

Who? I dont know wh they are, but i dont follow DC that much.

Marvel fans have been hoping for obscure characters for years, frequent requests for these characters have taken forever to get any response, we should get them first before these guys.

SSC will handle the big DC boys first, then perhaps some of the obscure ones starting a minimum of 5 years from now.

To me, this is akin to asking Marvel to release Squadron Supreme. I like the Authority comics a lot, but it isn't mainstream DC by any means (well, not in the previous DC 'verse it wasn't, anyway--now Martian Manhunter will be working with Hawksmoor or something). And the characters aren't all that recognizable--even less so than the bulk of "obscure" Marvel characters Sideshow has gone after. So, I don't think we'll be seeing those anytime soon, either. Maybe a MidNighter/Apollo diorama down the road or something.

Yea i mean i agree they are not huge DC characters but they were big in the wildstorm universe and the original run by Ellis and the 2nd by Millar i thought were fairly popular.

I know we will be seeing JLA type characters way before any of this it was just a hope of mine seeing as this series is on of my favorites. I am excited to see how the other wildstorm characters get integrated into the new 52

I wanna see another Mini Bust Venom and Legandary Bust Venom. I can actually afford those but I missed out damn... and dont want to get a$$ r#$R@# on Ebay.

Granted Jim Lee "sold out" to DC when DC acquired WILDSTORM. We have not seen any really worthwhile WILDSTORM related items for a variety reasons.

Moreover, WILDSTORM is done & over with and I doubt there is enough justification to warrant production PFs, statues, & action figures by Sideshow based on WILDSTORM properties.

Of course, a smaller more focused niche run licensed out to other interested parties may suffice, but nothing along the lines of Sideshow's typical/usual production run.

Back