The Art of John Howe - Sculptures from Middle-earth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, this is very interesting. But reading that they will be "Cast in very short editions in bronze and in white metal" I fear they will be out of my price range. I look forward to seeing the first one though!

I'm such a LOTR whore . . . My interest is piqued, but hopefully (as others mentioned) priced right. I saw how the Narnia and Kong products priced themselves out to a firesale later on. I'd hate for that to happen to what is considered PJ's flagship!

I'm such a LOTR whore . . . My interest is piqued, but hopefully (as others mentioned) priced right. I saw how the Narnia and Kong products priced themselves out to a firesale later on. I'd hate for that to happen to what is considered PJ's flagship!

I don't think the Narnia and Kong stuff priced itself out. They just made too many. If they had kept the ES low, some of that stuff would be highly sought after.

Hmmm, very interesting. I probably won't get any but I'm very interested to see what's up. John's work is fracking cool.

Have listened to the start of the latest Weta podcast, which covered all this.
I now have no doubts these will be way way way out of my price range, think Bronze Gandalf, at least that's what I'm expecting.

Have listened to the start of the latest Weta podcast, which covered all this.
I now have no doubts these will be way way way out of my price range, think Bronze Gandalf, at least that's what I'm expecting.

If thats the case, then who are they selling to? Christopher (Tolkien)?? Or to be given to some high-profile shops for display (only), and telling collectors that they are not for sale? Perhaps its just only for advertisment? :banghead

Well, they sold all 40 of the Gandalf one and ppl are buying those expensive 1-off's and very limited rayguns, so in theory there are still some ppl out there with money.

Back