The anticipation of Maul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't he supposed to ship in November or so, though? Gonna be a long wait, if so... especially after this recent onslaught of shipments.

Gonna be an excellent figure, though. My 2nd most anticipated after Obi-Wan (but probably #1 now that I've been disappointed by the Obi-Wan paint apps).

Bring on Maul! :maul

IrishJedi said:
Isn't he supposed to ship in November or so, though? Gonna be a long wait, if so... especially after this recent onslaught of shipments.

Gonna be an excellent figure, though. My 2nd most anticipated after Obi-Wan (but probably #1 now that I've been disappointed by the Obi-Wan paint apps).

Bring on Maul! :maul

Lets just hope Maul's paint apps go well :lol

im still wondering why his head looks so big.

This figure will come out most excellent IMO, the black robe is distinct and can be futzed with, the double sabre is unique and the paint apps will not be any problem IMO because it is very simple actually, red and black in a fixed pattern with the brownish horns, the eyes will be just fine too...

Mark my words (yiikes! hope I don't have to eat my words but I really don't think I will) this Maul will be an exceptional piece! :maul

Finally a figure I don't have to try and get elsewhere. No more ebay:chew

his head does look big, but actually in the movie, i always thought he looked abnoramlly small or something.. he looked stockish i guess
but yes, the head does look a BIT to large... >.> oh well, the cloack over his head my cover that haha

pjam said:
This figure will come out most excellent IMO, the black robe is distinct and can be futzed with, the double sabre is unique and the paint apps will not be any problem IMO because it is very simple actually, red and black in a fixed pattern with the brownish horns, the eyes will be just fine too...

Mark my words (yiikes! hope I don't have to eat my words but I really don't think I will) this Maul will be an exceptional piece! :maul

I hope you're right pjam,Maul will be my first 1/6 figure since Luke and one I'm really looking forward to as he is my favorite PT character. Along with a Hasbro Sith Speeder I'm getting the Master Replicas scaled Maul sabers to display with it and I've made an enquiry with Hurricane about one of those cathode tube sabers which would be the icing on the cake to what should be an awesome little display :maul :maul :maul

Sadly I had to cancel my Maul in order to afford Jabba... maybe I will try to get him later on since he does look cool as heck.

Last edited:
I'm really stoked over this one! Was somewjat hesiyant at first but damn, there's so manyy posing posibilities!!! -Droid braclet, w/ cloak w/o cloak, one blad or both or neither ignited, the list goes on! Personally I can't wait to fold his arms in front of him kinda like the GG mini bust.

Not sure if I'll get Qui-Gon yet, he's not really a personal favorite but who knows. Though I was cleaning through my closet and found my TMP Queen Amidala and decided to put her on display, QGJ would look pretty cool with her and my Hsbro Maul until the SSC Maul comes out!:rotfl

Monitor said:
I'm really stoked over this one! Was somewjat hesiyant at first but damn, there's so manyy posing posibilities!!! -Droid braclet, w/ cloak w/o cloak, one blad or both or neither ignited, the list goes on! Personally I can't wait to fold his arms in front of him kinda like the GG mini bust.

Not sure if I'll get Qui-Gon yet, he's not really a personal favorite but who knows. Though I was cleaning through my closet and found my TMP Queen Amidala and decided to put her on display, QGJ would look pretty cool with her and my Hsbro Maul until the SSC Maul comes out!:rotfl

Don't get your hopes up. Sideshow figures can't fold their arms very well. This is the only joint I would like Sideshow to work on. There have been other figures I would have like to have folded arms, but it just doesn't work very well, so use one of the other 100 possible poses :D

EDIT: just realized I passed 2000 posts 3 posts earlier!

Back