The All Things THE DEAD Thread (read)- BRAINSSSSS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IF this was like a Halloween Christmas village, I could get on board with that.

Donkey+Carrot.jpg

See, I was feeling the same way, but have a major fear that these things would carry a very high price tag. Like they are the replacement tier level maybe congruent to say 1/6 from a few years ago, when they were in the $50 range. Just saying, if your PF price goes from $200 to $275 to $350 in leaps and bounds, maybe you gotta make something for the small pocket collectors...

Seeing that I rarely buy SSC products anymore, not really.

Me too. Only Freddy on order since March. Maybe one more piece if the wait list converts. And maybe one preorder during Spook. Big maybe.

Forget that halloween minitown crap, really the only people who collect that kinda crap is old ladys and they don't know how to use the internet:monkey4 That kinda stuff you can find in dollar stores so if sideshow starts pushing junk like that for high prices then its over for them. Start making stuff we want like 1:6 scale walking dead line or even just re-start the dead line again.

P.S. still looking for Ideas for a body to use for the tarman head on ebay:)

I wouldn't. Despite having absolutely zero interest in an overpriced Halloween town by Sideshow, after they ditched the 1:6, they've shown zero dedication to every single format they've attempted with The Dead, so you'd likely get screwed with a handful of pieces.

Those look pretty cool but I don't know if I'd get but maybe 1-2 just to have a couple. Price would also be a factor.

Where'd the pic come from? Can't find it...

I like the idea. I am running out of display room and could see myself getting hooked. And I'm not an old lady and I def know how to use the internet! :thwak

Where'd the pic come from? Can't find it...

I like the idea. I am running out of display room and could see myself getting hooked. And I'm not an old lady and I def know how to use the internet! :thwak

:lol sorry, did'nt mean to offend anyone. I realize people collect many things I'm not interested in personally so if they make these and people want them thats fine but certainly nothing I would buy:monkey1

No prob, Skully. :wink1:

D'oh!
Thanks, Nam. I did see that. And will hopefully see them in person on Sunday if I can make it to Monsterpalooza. :pray:

Sideshow is jumping the shark. Sorry but it's true. It's almost as if they are completely out of touch with their fanbase.

Agreed. I've been starting to wonder about that myself.
I don't see it that way. I see it as a way to increase their fanbase. :dunno
I am seriously out of room with little money avail for collectibles. But I love this company and what they create. If I want it and can get it, I will. I appreciate that they sometimes tick people off by thinking out of the box and trying new stuff.

Last edited:
this thread needs some love. dead is an understatement.
i will post the full figure later this week. i just need to finish the forearms and hands.

i have a lot of 'the dead' repaints planned.

original 57 by 8-bit commando, on Flickr

Sideshow 'the dead' - Subject 57 by 8-bit commando, on Flickr

i will post the full figure later this week. i just need to finish the forearms and hands.

Last edited:
Great paint job, the eyes are very lifelike! But now it looks more like a drunk guy with the flu who got socked in the mouth than a zombie.

Last edited:
Fantastic paint job!!!! Bravo!

I think the above comment was about how lifelike the paint job looks.... Not dead-like ;)

Still awesome!

Back