The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not even a week goes by and there's another Isobelle release. I wish WWR would see releases like that. It's been 11 months since the last WWR release. Sigh.

Not even a week goes by and there's another Isobelle release. I wish WWR would see releases like that. It's been 11 months since the last WWR release. Sigh.

That's not true. The Portable Dropcloth set was preordered in June, and the Portable Grunts offered in July. Plus, the Emanation NOM Commander sets offered in August. I do get your sentiment, though. I would love to see another big bot up for preorder, but I think they wanted to wait until Harold was shipped. I get the sense the big bots put a major strain on production and take up a lot of space for a long period of time. Hopefully we see the new 1/6 Berties early next year and they ship quicker than Harold did.

That's not true. The Portable Dropcloth set was preordered in June, and the Portable Grunts offered in July. Plus, the Emanation NOM Commander sets offered in August. I do get your sentiment, though. I would love to see another big bot up for preorder, but I think they wanted to wait until Harold was shipped. I get the sense the big bots put a major strain on production and take up a lot of space for a long period of time. Hopefully we see the new 1/6 Berties early next year and they ship quicker than Harold did.

Those were all WWRp releases of stuff that's been released in 1/6th scale already, so I don't really count them as WWR releases. I guess an argument could be made for counting the WWRp Mk 3.5 Bertie, as it's an actual new robot. Going strictly by scale, Harold was the last WWR release.

I'm just bummed about all the WWR and WWRp stuff Ashley Wood has promised but hasn't come to fruition.

WWRp got non stop releases this year, the stopped because of popular request, in fact, this resting period is helping me gather funds for the evol releases, ppl are way too quick to complain, like if isobel was 3A's Iron Man :lol

Last edited:
Don't forget Frank & Snippy for WWR.

I think the Iso line is just Ash playing with a separate line from Popbot, AK & WWR to offer as specials so it doesn't create the fuss like ultra rares being offered with his original three lines would. ThreeA could mass produce the bodies, say like a 1000 pieces, and Ash just designs or redesigns every 100 or so and thus offer ten unique variants at conventions or as random surprise drops.

There has only been what, four I think, Iso drops which have been offered for a full 24hrs, the Cocktail & Darkside Iso, blue Lizbeth after the red issue with ACG, and the Kuma Bears. Everything else has been real limited or a convention show piece. Now that I'm thinking about it, the only one's I got were just those last three std releases. Each drop prolly has a quota limit, and if not reached they could be met and the remainder used to design a fresh lot of limited specials.

3A pinterest page on Iso

They certainly grew on me as I kept missing the chance to get them. The variants have been rather neat too. And in that time there have also been no TQ's. I really hope I can get these ones:
0ff4f5d4c7a3bcddb03430a758f23e14.jpg

This pic from actionfigurepics.com cemented my decision.
3A-Toys-ACG-Comics-and-Games-Expo-3.jpg

With more and more barbies and 2000ad Hammerstein/Dredd never coming to light, it feels like your annoying sister has hijacked 3A :thud: Clothing accessory packs will be next (from the Q&A :lol )

I'm not a fan of the Iso line, but it does seem to have fan base, I'm cool with clothing packs, for the right price, in fact, I'm not even sure why they're not giving us alternate clothing/accessory packs for WWRp and other lines, it'd be like barbies for hard men :lol

My little brother already mocks me saying I play with barbies because of my collecting habits :gah:

It is really a pain in the *** to get stuff for kitbashes and customs though, so clothing/accesory packs (for all lines) seems like a step in the right direction.

Clothed dolls /only/ being for girls is a relatively new thing. Have we all forgotten the original GI Joes were dolls with clothing and clothing accessory sets? Hell there's even been a fair number of more recent lines.

Yeah.

I went ahead and passed on that one. Not sure how I would have explained those "action figures" to the kids.

Exactly, my wife thinks Ashley is a perv. With this stuff coming out, it is hard to refut it. Why would they make this a standard release , up for days, when the beer girls were random. I would much rather them then this.

Wow. Just wow...

Presumably Ash is making a grab for some of the kinkier end of the Bishoujo figure, market, in which case he should create a new brand name / website to market them under.. I have zero interest in this type of figure and I'm fairly sure that would apply to a lot of ThreeA's mainstream customers.

Ashley isn't making a grab at anything. His artwork has always had an erotic tilt to it and has always been as heavy on the sexy ladies as it is on robots. One of the earliest figures he wanted to make and is only just making now is Lasstronaut, a chick in a spacesuit top with no pants. The toys are just an extension of that. Not for everyone no doubt but it's a core of what he's into from an art standpoint and by no means anything new from him.

He states it all the time, ThreeA isn't going after mainstream customers. If you take him at his word (which I choose to do) he just keeps making the stuff he wants himself.

I suspect the reason we see iterative runs of certain figures is that he does one, likes the way it came out and it inspires him to do variations on it. Not unlike how many artists will do a series of paintings all in a similar stye and subject.

Missed out the Quite Night set. Was it around for that long? That's what happens during the holidays, not around to check the site all the time.
Will renew membership this year to get Lasstronaut figure.

I haven't been following 3A releases for awhile, but those beer girls are rather interesting. Those might look good in my mancave. :D

I haven't been following 3A releases for awhile, but those beer girls are rather interesting. Those might look good in my mancave. :D

I was aiming for the beer girls but got cartjacked at the last minute. Win some you lose some!! Good luck getting one buddy.

Back