The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i went for these three in the end...

555216_209030359217316_171245289662490_351261_791549809_n.jpg

550551_209030395883979_171245289662490_351264_1662061687_n.jpg

526263_209030212550664_171245289662490_351256_129671754_n.jpg

Great Choice, I also like the Internal Investigation Set ! :slap

Well, it took me about 3 weeks, but I finally made it through all 580 pages of this thread :panic:

Great pics throughout - I have a bunch of new wallpapers, haha.

I was always intrigued by 3A toys, but didn't really know much about them. I love Ashley Wood's designs and have 2 of the oversized WWR graphic novels. I am starting to get acclimated to the 3A universe - it's a pretty interesting back story (Earth vs. Mars especially).

It took me until page 163 before I finally cracked and purchased my first 3A figure - I picked up the Adventure Kartel Ankou - Johnson figure from BigBadToyStore:
THR10038.jpg

I really want a 1/6 scale Dropcloth but haven't seen any online for less than $150. That's out of my price range :( . How much did they sell at retail? 3A seems to rerelease their figures in different color schemes, so I'm hopeful I will be able to pick a few of the 1/6 Robots at retail.

I wasn't too keen on the stylized designs of the human characters, but, like many here, they are starting to grow on me. I think I will focus on the Robots for now, but we'll see...

I haven't been this energized about a line of figures in a while. I wish I got into it sooner.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings (still reeling from the 580 pages...) :hi5:

I haven't been this energized about a line of figures in a while. I wish I got into it sooner.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings (still reeling from the 580 pages...) :hi5:

I am in the same boat. I wish I began this journey sooner, stylized figures which in tandem make great displays.

I really like the WWR line, I have / am trading a lot of other figures either for cash or 3A figs. I have secured a dropcloth and bramble via trade (couple figures as well).

On a side note, Emit Brown "Blind Cowboy" arrived today. Sweeeeet figure. I try to get dead horse but I doubt it will happen (I won't pay ebay price).

I really want a 1/6 scale Dropcloth but haven't seen any online for less than $150. That's out of my price range :( . How much did they sell at retail? 3A seems to rerelease their figures in different color schemes, so I'm hopeful I will be able to pick a few of the 1/6 Robots at retail.

Someone else can probably give a more definitive answer on this than me, but the dropclothes that initially hit Bambaland were a really great deal. No more than $120 per single and I believe they were possibly $85, but I could be misremembering.

No one seems to listen to this advice, but it's really best to not overspend for sold-out 3A product on eBay. They release and re-release pretty much everything. They'll never release the Blind Cowboy set exactly like the previous version, but I'd be really surprised if there wasn't another version somewhere down the line. There's always the next sale.

Someone else can probably give a more definitive answer on this than me, but the dropclothes that initially hit Bambaland were a really great deal. No more than $120 per single and I believe they were possibly $85, but I could be misremembering.

No one seems to listen to this advice, but it's really best to not overspend for sold-out 3A product on eBay. They release and re-release pretty much everything. They'll never release the Blind Cowboy set exactly like the previous version, but I'd be really surprised if there wasn't another version somewhere down the line. There's always the next sale.

Very good point! There are always the "next" version of something, MK1 bot, MK2, now up to MK3 bots on some where there are slight differences as would be in real world situations. Dropcloths did average around $90 when first released, but some versions are harder to come by than others (more limited release), hence some of the price differences in the aftermarket even though they were the same price when released. There is talk of the next versions of Dropcloths DC2's which are "heavier", I guess meaning that they might have a slightly different design and there's talk of them carrying Gatling guns. :panic:

So stay tuned for more Dropcloths!

Thanks for the warm welcome to this section!

Great points about about waiting for a new repaint for the Robots. It's difficult though :impatient: .

In the meantime, I will work on some custom figures that I will attempt to shoehorn into my soon to be burgeoning (knock on wood) 3A collection.

I am used to SS and HT releases and new to 3A. How often does 3A release items?

3A don't re-release things but they do do lots of variants and colourways. If you missed something from the AK line they'll usually be a variant later on, Tommy Red being the most recent variation of the Tommy Mission figures

Outside of colourways usually launched at the same time, there aren't future variants of the same WWR robots (as far as i know). But most come to 1/12th scale.
_______

Just realized the three Caesars i ordered come with the same type of rifle :lol

Last edited:
3A don't re-release things but they do do lots of variants and colourways. If you missed something from the AK line they'll usually be a variant later on, Tommy Red being the most recent variation of the Tommy Mission figures

Outside of colourways usually launched at the same time, there aren't future variants of the same WWR robots (as far as i know). But most come to 1/12th scale.
_______

Just realized the three Caesars i ordered come with the same type of rifle :lol

Do they release / (pre-order) monthly, bi-monthly etc.?

Do they release / (pre-order) monthly, bi-monthly etc.?

Not sure i understand but if you mean when things go up for order, there isn't a set time really i'd guesstimate every two/three weeks or so generally.

As for the types of sales, I think it goes like this:

• Resident Sale with notice - people know a date/time/details in advance, it lasts at least 24hrs on Bambaland (Metal Gear Rex was one of these)
  • Resident sale without much notice - announced date/time/details very close to sale but it lasts at least 24hrs on Bambaland (todays wwrp caesars were one of these)
  • Surprise sale/drop 1 - just appears on the bambaland store without any notice and word of mouth gets people aware and sells out fast (Raw F-it books were one of these)
  • Surprise sale/drop 2 - product shown & announced as a surprise sale for Bambaland so people know it'll come, but no time/date given, still sells out fast (Palm in the Face JC was one of these)
  • Retailer Exclusives - these aren't on bambaland and are instead distributed through other retailers (Tommy Red was one of these)
  • Licensed figures - sold on Bambaland for 24hrs (usually with an EX) and then distributed by other retailers without the EX,

Last edited:
I ordered King Finger and #7 finger robot gang
Does anyone know about shipping date?

GID Caesars are up and they are Random. I think they are exclusive for 3AA members only. I could be wrong. I scored my GID Caesars so i'm happy. Missed out on single Ap-pel but this makes up for it. Good luck for those on the hunt :)

Back