The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why assume the worst?

I'm not really into the licensed stuff myself. There are some cool original lines coming though like the TOTEM stuff and Solid Gold Death Mask. Really looking forward to SGDM as it has a lot of what makes me love Tank Girl visually, that sort of junk shop punk, but is also a totally new thing.

Why assume the worst?

I'm not really into the licensed stuff myself. There are some cool original lines coming though like the TOTEM stuff and Solid Gold Death Mask. Really looking forward to SGDM as it has a lot of what makes me love Tank Girl visually, that sort of junk shop punk, but is also a totally new thing.

You could say i'm coming off a bad relationship with another company that's got too much on their plate, dissapointing customers left & right and pretty much not making any of the things i really wanted that they announced they were making :(

ThreeA is like a fresh start you could say, i'm loving nearly everything and don't want them to fall into that pattern

Don't take this the wrong way, but I think you might be disappointed with ThreeA as well. I think a lot of the vocal minority expect way too much of these niche collectable companies and take a lot of things far too personally.

Well i'm pretty much loving everything from them, i don't have crazy expectations for things. If they show a figure i like my only expectation is for them to put it up for order, take my money and ship it to me :D

With other companies expectations come hand in hand as they do licensed properties, so if they announce X license you'd be hoping for Y characters and then when there's no word on if/any are coming or if its canceled or not, you get dissapointment.

With ThreeA part of the attraction is that more relaxed nature of buying what you like with no prior connection to films, comics, characters, accuracy and so on.

Without that burden you can sit back and be surprised for the next unique figure :)

I treat Hot Toys that same way. I never expect anything from them so I'm always pleasantly surprised when something I want gets a release. It helps that 98% of what Hot Toys and all 1/6 manufacturers make isn't of interest to me. I don't really care about realistic humans. The occasional HT figures I get are always monsters or things like Iron Man where they can be displayed without a human head.

• I have no idea what SGDM is, but based on the pics i've seen it'll have some great figures.
  • The Real Steel robots are ACE but i haven't seen the film and they're not cheap so i'll be skipping them i think, might oick up one of them.
  • Strange thing is i didn't like Portal 2, it went from the beautiful Aperture labs to a very dark and grungy underbelly and that was like the anti-Portal to me, i kept waiting to go back up to the pristine labs but everytime you went to an EXIT door they were blocked and it went on and on, However i loved the design of the co-op bots :lol So they're on my watch list.
  • Metal Gear Ray is an instant buy
  • TOTEM looked great, i'm interested to see what comes from that

My two lines from 3A that i'm into is Adventure Kartel and World War Robot, but Popbot looks interesting too.

I'd love to see some post-apocalyptica figures with people wearing outfits from random things and settler, wastelander variations.

There are some licensed things i'd like to see ThreeA make as i think they'd be the best for them, most though are only singular figures not ongoing type licenses.

I'd love a Big Daddy and Little Sister 2-pack. Ash's style would look great on a little sister and Big Daddy is perfect for threeA weathering.

The Helghast from Killzone would be Perfect too and they have that Grunt look with gas masks and bulky costumes

And one that would be a dream come true for me would be The Walking Dead comic figures as they'd fit perfectly with ThreeA's artistic style

Last edited:
Looks like a rubber bodysuit to me, which I also don't like.

you think so? looks too chunky, like straight cut plastic figure. pretty impressed with their lady bodysuits like from lady sham, super nom...wished they'd use something similar with the HALO line. :/

Yeah definitely. You can really tell on the unpainted one. These are very early protos though so who knows.

I'm looking forward to the companion square though :)

I thought that was just a symbol of their partnership? :dunno

I hope not :(

I'd be amazed if the companion square doesn't happen; it's something that both the ThreeA diehards and the Portal fans can appreciate equally so it would make a lot of sense (and money). A lot of toy sites are also under the impression that it's an upcoming product so here's hoping. :pray:

If it hasn't gone up for sale yet my friend who's a very casual occasional toy collector and both a big Ashley Wood fan and a big ThreeA fan will be stoked. He really wanted one of those.

If it hasn't gone up for sale yet my friend who's a very casual occasional toy collector and both a big Ashley Wood fan and a big ThreeA fan will be stoked. He really wanted one of those.

There's been no formal news of a release but it's worth keeping an eye on the ThreeA Production Blog for any snippets of info that may appear. I'll be picking one up myself if goes into production (even if it turns out to be part of a set or something). :lecture

What I'm really hoping for, though, is some ThreeA headcrab zombies. :)

https://www.threeaonline.com/blog/

what's a headcrab zombie?

Never play Half-Life 2?

headcrabzombie.jpg

Still my favorite Half Life thing ever.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHxyZaZlaOs[/ame]

Back