The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sketch sales are always a leap of faith, but I've been buying from ThreeA for a good while now and have yet to be disappointed with the outcomes. Bot head looks awesome, just like to finally see Mrs. Shadow from the AKlub reward... or what the megazomb will look like?

Are the stormtroopers gonna be released on a non exclusive level? I kinda don't want to pay $400 for one.

When the colored versions first appeared at Bambaland, I asked about the white versions and was told they would be coming later to the online store. After they showed up at the Toy Expo I asked again and was told they had more coming. So we'll see. Why on earth they'd only sell the most basic version at an expo is beyond me.

When the colored versions first appeared at Bambaland, I asked about the white versions and was told they would be coming later to the online store. After they showed up at the Toy Expo I asked again and was told they had more coming. So we'll see. Why on earth they'd only sell the most basic version at an expo is beyond me.

When did they have the colored version? And how much was it? Jus wondering

Question is when? It's really stupid that they have something fans want, but yet they make it impossible to obtain?? Don't they figure that they might sell if they make them available (well more available) to fans?

Heavy Duty Black Skull is currently shipping, in the mean time: Heavy Duty Death Mask.
18969958168_2bbf805e2e_z.jpg

19151784532_f69a2cdb9b_z.jpg

by Alice Adrenochrome, on Flickr

18624705193_eca1310338_z.jpg

by Alice Adrenochrome, on Flickr

zzzzz on the ghost town that is the ThreeA forum kindly put up a color coded shipping list of all ThreeA's stuff. It's pretty depressing.

Of the 49 items that should have shipped this year already…

7/49 (14%) shipped on time.
24/49 (49%) shipped late.

and…

18/49 (37%) have not been shipped and are late.
Most of those have missed their shipping estimates many times and have no current shipping estimate.

and…

There's still 26 items that have already been sold that I find it hard to believe will be shipped on time given the massive backlog they have and their generally consistent .

zzzzz on the ghost town that is the ThreeA forum kindly put up a color coded shipping list of all ThreeA's stuff. It's pretty depressing.

Of the 49 items that should have shipped this year already…

7/49 (14%) shipped on time.
24/49 (49%) shipped late.

and…

18/49 (37%) have not been shipped and are late.
Most of those have missed their shipping estimates many times and have no current shipping estimate.

and…

There's still 26 items that have already been sold that I find it hard to believe will be shipped on time given the massive backlog they have and their generally consistent .

tell me something new. :lol

I don't really mind delays in shipping if it's for the purpose of fixing issues or otherwise improving the item. I can't understand how 3A's shipping estimates can be so far off after so many years - you'd think they would have it down by now.

As much as I wanted 3A's Master Chief, I would have gladly waited another several months for them to fix the glaring issues with it and release a better product.

I have't gotten a new ThreeA product since Lasstronaut but that's another thing… everything I was getting from them came out of the box with something missing or broken. I don't know if it's still like that with their stuff but given how much they're struggling to make production meet shipping I'd be surprised if QC has gotten better.

The last thing I ever ordered from ThreeA was Hex last Halloween. I went down this rabbit hole trying to figure out if it had been shipped yet.

It's been mentioned that some of their tooling is wearing out and I suspect some of the issues may be there. On top of that, Kim's other company, Threezero is producing a lot more than they ever have, so I'm sure it's eating into any shared factory/production time too. Growing pains. None of it is an excuse because at the end of the day it's their business to run.

Last edited:
They have had this production/shipping issue from the very begging. Regardless of the whys it should be getting better, not exponentially worse.

I don't really mind delays in shipping if it's for the purpose of fixing issues or otherwise improving the item. I can't understand how 3A's shipping estimates can be so far off after so many years - you'd think they would have it down by now.

I see it the same way. Keeping my fingers crossed for the Heavy Duty Loper which was scheduled for shipping in late July (it actually still is scheduled for that date, when you check their blog!!). I still hope they fix the floppy body issue of which the other versions of the HD Slicers suffer.
In the mean time, I read a report from someone in HK that has already received the LTD pre-made Heavy Duty Slicer Black Skull that was sold recently, and it seems that this one also has a loose body. I am curious.

i'm waiting on the loper set too. but to be honest the floppy bodies and qc issues and delay after delay are also tainting my 3A desires..... i've been part of the legion going on 6 years and it just seems to get worse every year....ah well, they're just toys right?

Back