The 10 most expensive art pieces on Amazon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solidus

Super Freak
Reaction score
As all of you already know (and I'm sure that you all have), I am a man of refined taste, wealth and power beyond belief - the likes of which no man in the history of the the world has ever seen. Not even Julius Caesar! Thus, I am in need of an expensive piece of art to cover up the peeling paint and cracks in the bedroom of my flimsy apartment in Queens, NYC, and to slow the drip from a potentially leaking ceiling that my landlord refuses to fix.

Which of these million dollar paintings on Amazon would you suggest that I buy (link is below the article)? Sadly, I doubt that any of these qualify for free shipping on Amazon prime.

Amazon, the internet's behemoth middleman, has embarked on what might be its classiest endeavor yet -- a fine arts marketplace. Yes, Amazon is working with more than 150 galleries and 4,500 artists to offer a wide variety of paintings, photographs and mixed media masterpieces to online shopping addicts everywhere.

While critics have been quick to comment on the strange partnership between a giant internet marketplace and the insular fine arts world, The Huffington Post's Mallika Rao pointed out that the gallery experiment could have a positive impact: "Amazon -- the highest trafficked, and arguably least glamorous, site to sell original art -- stands to reset our conception of art creation, collection and valuation to a dramatic degree. Slick competitors like Artsy can seem as intimidating as a Chelsea gallery. Amazon, meanwhile, has a 'Diapering' section."

Still not sold on the project? Check out the list of Amazon Art's 10 most expensive paintings below for a taste of the impressive, albeit sort of bizarre, range of works available for purchase. Let us know your thoughts on the project in the comments.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/10/amazon-art_n_3725598.html?utm_hp_ref=arts

Last edited:
And its just weird that its on Amazon of all places. On a serious note, I actually feel compelled to "purchase" one of these pieces at checkout, just to see if it'll actually go through for an order confirmation. And then cancel it five minutes later :lol :panic:.

Last edited:
I always did love Warhol's Flowers, have always owned a print of that. But it is very surprising to me that Amazon hadn't got into art sooner

There were some cool Dali's

The comments on the Monet were pretty funny.

Wow, the Damian Hirst is $14,5000. That is so much money I can't work out exactly how much it is.

Wow, the Damian Hirst is $14,5000. That is so much money I can't work out exactly how much it is.

I live right near a Damien Hirst gallery.

It makes me feel so poor looking in there. Not that I would want anything in there for my home but just a print is 1000's of pounds

Onement-VI-by-Barnett-Newman-04-634x532.jpg

https://twentytwowords.com/2013/05/16/canvas-painted-blue-with-a-white-line-sells-for-nearly-44-million-4-pictures/

hold my tea cup, imma gon try yellow.

Back