that was quick- got Qui-Gon exclusive!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesnt matter to me, since they are doing about one a month, I'll get them all except ones I don't care for like Nute Gunray or so.

SolidLiquidFox said:
At some point we are going to have to call it quits in the hunt for exclusives.

Speak for yourself!! :D Each one I get makes me more stressed about getting the next one to keep up my perfect record!!

tomandshell said:
Speak for yourself!! :D Each one I get makes me more stressed about getting the next one to keep up my perfect record!!

At some point you'll lose interest Tom...oh yes...you shall lose interest... :monkey2

After the Sith Lords I think it will get easier since the edition sizes will go up for most characters. Less popular characters exclusives will never be as low as Kit Fisto anymore. I honestly think those days are gone. :peace

As nice as it would be have all the exclusives (I'm missing Luke, Anakin, and Obi), I only really care about the exclusives that I'd display with the 12". For me that doesn't include the 3 I don't have.

SolidLiquidFox said:
At some point you'll lose interest Tom...oh yes...you shall lose interest... :monkey2

After the Sith Lords I think it will get easier since the edition sizes will go up for most characters. Less popular characters exclusives will never be as low as Kit Fisto anymore. I honestly think those days are gone. :peace

I was wondering about that. Do you think that they might go with lower edition sizes once the characters become more obscure and the most wanted lists are slowly checked off as the months go by? Sideshow will try to keep things interesting. It would be fun to see a web exclusive 500 piece edition for Lobot or Paploo one of these days.

But honestly, who can say how long I will be able to afford keeping my perfect record? I am a completist, and once I miss an exclusive or two my collectaholism will slowly begin to wear off...

I'm only getting the exclusives I want so if I miss one I really won't get too bothred because it will be one I don't want.

I just like the thrill of getting something that had a very small window of opportunity. It's fun. I have all but Kit for Exclusives and I am on the waiting list for him.. One day I will no doubt have one I could care less about, but when that day comes I doubt it will wear down my love for the line.

I'm just wondering how insane things will be once it gets down to Vader and Boba. Those two will probably be the most insane pre-orders so far. It's going to be freakin nuts! :horror

I'm guessing, and this is just a guess because it is what I would do, if there starts to be less interest in getting the exclusives I think Sideshow will counteract that by making the exclusives "must-haves". It seemed to work for Qui-Gon. Perhaps characters of lesser interest will come with serious exclusives. It will keep us all in the game...and assure Sideshow that we continue to order from them direct.

tomandshell said:
I was wondering about that. Do you think that they might go with lower edition sizes once the characters become more obscure and the most wanted lists are slowly checked off as the months go by? Sideshow will try to keep things interesting. It would be fun to see a web exclusive 500 piece edition for Lobot or Paploo one of these days.

But honestly, who can say how long I will be able to afford keeping my perfect record? I am a completist, and once I miss an exclusive or two my collectaholism will slowly begin to wear off...

Once the line begins to slow down a bit (when most mayor characters are out and we start to get forced variations of the same characters) edition sizes will come down a tad. Not by much but just enough to keep it leveled (2,000 to 2,500).

3,500 to 5,000 Ex of Vader, Maul or Boba is not unrealistic. They will still sell out quick regardless. I certainly enjoy the thrill we get from the hunt when priority preorders go on. However, I know that I can't buy them all because I don't have the display space to devote to them. Besides, it's not like these will be worth selling on ebay once the edition sizes go up for the exclusives.

Looking back on it Luke Ex was really the one to have. They were testing the waters and it is a popular character. I am commited to the popular fight characters (Luke Vs Vader, Yoda vs Sidious, Grievous Vs Obi, etc) and whatever EU characters look cool.

This was the longest ordering time for me. I wasn't near any computer that could even load the page in under a year. I had to call my in and spent 20 minutes just redialing because I kept getting a disconnect signal :monkey4 I was very stressful to say the least.

Buttmunch said:
This was the longest ordering time for me. I wasn't near any computer that could even load the page in under a year. I had to call my in and spent 20 minutes just redialing because I kept getting a disconnect signal :monkey4 I was very stressful to say the least.

You know, I'm actually starting to enjoy the calling. It's kind of like spinning a roulette wheel. Funfunfun.

There was nothing about the calling I could enjoy until I actually had the figure ordered. It was by far the worst 20 minute of my life this year.

Buttmunch said:
There was nothing about the calling I could enjoy until I actually had the figure ordered. It was by far the worst 20 minute of my life this year.

Hmm. The worst 20 minutes of my life this year was answering an "exit survey" after getting fired from my job.

Calling in an order for a toy was comparitively stress free.

And that is officially the last time I mention getting fired (I believe this post will be my 15th mention).

Love to all and to all a Poncho.

Back