Thanos and Mistress Death Polystone Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bad face, stubby arms and large ES. SS knew a light up would be this dios only possible saving grace from the GC section. There is a Comiquette or PF on the way. I bet it gets teased at the SDCC panel.

:hi5: I am waiting for the bigger Thanos Comiquette/PF! :1-1:

I could be wrong, but Im pretty sure that this is the commiquette that's been rumored for so long. If you look at the size...its not a normal Dio scale. Its literally 2 comiquettes that attach together and are sold as 1.

I could be wrong, but Im pretty sure that this is the commiquette that's been rumored for so long. If you look at the size...its not a normal Dio scale. Its literally 2 comiquettes that attach together and are sold as 1.

maybe you miss this out, Hulk?

Q.
Hope my favorite, Thanos Comiquette, will get some more sneak peak updates – it’s been a while. Is he still going into production? And, if so, when will he be available for pre-order?

A.
The Thanos piece that we teased earlier is indeed the same as the Thanos and Mistress Death Diorama recently announced. We have read a lot of interest in an even bigger representation of Thanos, which is hard to believe since the diorama is already a pretty MASSIVE piece, but it has inspired our design team to give some real thought to another BIG Thanos project down the road.

Q.
Hope my favorite, Thanos Comiquette, will get some more sneak peak updates – it’s been a while. Is he still going into production? And, if so, when will he be available for pre-order?

A.
The Thanos piece that we teased earlier is indeed the same as the Thanos and Mistress Death Diorama recently announced. We have read a lot of interest in an even bigger representation of Thanos, which is hard to believe since the diorama is already a pretty MASSIVE piece, but it has inspired our design team to give some real thought to another BIG Thanos project down the road.

Nope, I read that. I don't get the "its in the works" vibe though. Im thinking more "we've been inspired to consider it". Not to mention, if it's truly significantly bigger then the dio...its gonna be priced so high that the average collector won't be able to afford it.

Also, I think the majority of those looking for a "bigger representation" of Thanos don't really get how big this dio is. People hear "diorama" and assume smaller statues....watch the backstage pass though...this thing is massive!

Has SS really "added" the light up feature, or was the light up feature a part of the original production and SS omitted this information from the original listing?? If that information has not been confirmed, then it's pure speculation on our part that the light up feature is now being added at the last minute in order to sell additional pieces or to sell out the regular version.

I don't know if this was omitted from the original advertisment or a last minute change in order to boost sales. Right now I agree, this is all rumor and until Sideshow actually shows pictures I won't believe it.

Honesty has gone out the window now days so my motto is trust but verify. It would not be difficult for Sideshow to show pictures on the website.

Yeah I am with my buddy makkari. Nothing is official until Sideshow shows us the pics. :)

Bad face, stubby arms and large ES. SS knew a light up would be this dios only possible saving grace from the GC section. There is a Comiquette or PF on the way. I bet it gets teased at the SDCC panel.

Agreed, the face kills this sculpt. Thanos is the type of character that is supposed sell out. The face is so ugly that most collectors are shying away from this sculpt and this is shown in the fact that the regular has not sold out and collectors are dropping the EX for a multitude of reasons. I recently moved from the waitlist to a order on the EX and the sculpt hasn't even been released and for me that never happens this early. Sideshow may be adding the light-up feature just to move sales. I think if they change that face this thing will sellout but that's just my opinion.

Q.

A.

I really hope you are right on this, because I'd love to have a large giant PF or Comiquette of the Mad Titan.

The face sculpt is a different but IMO not "ugly". Its clearly Thanos with his purple, wrinkly, prune face lol! If anything there should be more complaints about having the same pose as the BD piece but I would say the reason for that is that the pose falls in to the little box that most people have of what they deem characters should look like or be doing and want no deviation from that.

And the reveal in the chat that there will be a light up feature is confirmation. A pic could "lie" too, could it not? Not having a picture is just like they did recently with they Yoda/Clone Trooper and Dooku PF's. Do people really use that light up features that much? I certainly don't. It's nice but it shouldn't be a deal maker or breaker.

And why some of you think another statue or PF is coming so soon? Look how long it took to even get the dio! In the Q and A answer the dio is described as massive and the maybe piece down the road as big. In my dictionary massive is larger than big (that's what she said lol), so maybe just semantics but I would say a legendary scale bust with the "more familiar" sculpt to make some of the complainers happy. But even that seems far off, as, to loosely quote "being inspired to give some real thought to another project down the road" translates to we might, possibly, maybe revisit the character, not we will.

Long story short I dig the dio and gladly have the Ex on PO! :hi5:

Q.

A.

down the road.:lol anotherwards it's on a very long list of maybe laters.:monkey3

With the power of the Infinity Gauntlet he wiped out half of the universe, and defeated earth's mightiest heroes as well as taking down demi-gods and celestials. Now without the gauntlet this would not have happened, but it speaks to the kind of villain he has been in the past, very evil. :clap

Yes Thanos is a major Marvel villian usually taking multiple teams to stop him.

With the power of the Infinity Gauntlet he wiped out half of the universe, and defeated earth's mightiest heroes as well as taking down demi-gods and celestials. Now without the gauntlet this would not have happened, but it speaks to the kind of villain he has been in the past, very evil. :clap

Oh I know that much :) I mean is he a big name that you could put up there with Magneto, Doom, Venom etc in terms of fan popularity and recognition?

IMO he's not as recognizable as the others, when people see my collection that read comics casually as kids some ask who Thanos is (referring to my Bowen).

However, (IMO again) he's a more lethal, cunning and powerful villain than some of the names you listed, Venom etc.
I read comics hardcore back in the 90's and Thanos is still my favorite villain over all others.

I'd say it's a toss-up between Thanos and Doom as to who is Marvel's greatest villain. Doom has a lot more recognition, but Thanos's exploits always threaten things on a universal scale.

Oh I know that much :) I mean is he a big name that you could put up there with Magneto, Doom, Venom etc in terms of fan popularity and recognition?

Thanos is known to the majority of collectors but to the general population that may recognize Doom, Magneto or Venom he is not. Most collectors would regonize him him easily.

Thanks for the info! Infinity Gauntlet was my first exposure to him too and I have not followed Marvel in depth since then so I wasn't sure if he moved up with the other big boys. Since then I have always like the character and the look. I follow DC more and I like to think of him as a long lost brother of Darkseid lol!

Back