Thanks for Spook Sideshow!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yessssss, Thank You Sideshow!
beerbang.gif

thanks.gif

Halloween1.gif

Yeah it was alot of fun. I really enjoyed the It Collects movie. That was a fun way to debut new products.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to win a bunch of prizes but ultimately going home a loser.

the movie was an awesome "B" type movie with an A+ cast. Bravo on the acting and cinematography!!! that to me was the best part of spook.

Yeah, a Thank You to those who ran the show :clap.

if I had any minor gripes, it would be with the access kit, I didn't think it was worth the price I paid. Not enough Spyglass banners. And some the Access Code deals were a bit repetitive, and weren't much better than the product specials and Spook banners (deals). I am sure you guys will improve on that for next year. Again, Thanks

It was so much fun, I really hate that its over.

Just one thought... Spooktacular should = something dead.

Thanks Sideshow for giving us something no other collectible company has given us! A fun environment where we can get together with fellow freaks and have fun! I already miss the excitement.

This is much a thank you to my fellow Freaks as well as Sideshow.

To Sideshow: The past nine days were fun as hell. "IT Collects..." was fantastic, the deals were, well, deals, the contests were fun and the prizes were FANTASTIC! Putting on an event like this is no small feat and you deserve every bit of praise you get. You've given us the closest thing to an online Con as it gets, and it's a unique experience that cannot be found anywhere else.

Some suggestions for next year:

1) Enough with the random page giveaways! Or at least scale them back a notch. I don't think there is one person who thinks they are fun. :monkey2 (though I could be wrong) Maybe put the random gift card or freebie up there, but don't announce it. Just let some Joe stumble across it.

2) MORE MORT!!!!!!!

3) Bring back the scavenger hunt! That was one fun thing to look forward to every day that I think a lot of people enjoyed.

4) The call-in contests from previous years were fun, can we do that again?

5) For the love of God, ANNOUNCE PREORDER TIMES!!! You don't have to announce the product, you can still put it out at 3:00 AM (I think the International folks enjoy this) and you can still put contests and freebies out at random intervals. But please, don't toy with us when it comes to your great products! (no pun intended)

6) Don't allow Dusty to take off during Spook. :monkey3

7) More VIP chats! We love that Chris, Marc, Dennis, and Alex all babysat us for a while, but it would be great to have more formal Q&A's (Like with Sideshow Q)

To my fellow Freaks (especially the banweeweeounts): It was so much fun to "hang" with you all during chat! I learned the art of the re-shower, among other things.

Everyone had such a fun attitude and things got silly, but never out of hand. It was so nice to interact with you guys without discussing politics (which is something that is increasingly hard to do on this board) :grouphug

To Chris: Next year, it's F'N on. You better eat your grits. :maul

Best new Pre-orders ever at Sideshow Spook 2008 !!!! It felt like toyfare or SDCC.

all in all good releases i thought, as usuall some gripes about choices or format/presentation, but you can't please everybody right.

good job in releasing something for most of the different lines imo

Yes, a hearty Thanks to Sideshow for another great Spooktacular!!! I really enjoyed the "It Collects From Beyond" movie! Please do more!!!

Great product announcements!

My one complaint, as usual, is why is it that it almost always seems to be the Monster lines that have the "in stock" releases??? Please Sideshow, not so many products in stock to purchase at one time! Some of us need to budget!

Anyway, thanks again to Sideshow and especially Chris, Dennis, Marc, and Alex for a great time in chat, and to Chicky for, well... being Chicky!! And thanks to Dusty for taking the time to stop into Chat just to say hello to us maniacs during her time off!

5) For the love of God, ANNOUNCE PREORDER TIMES!!! You don't have to announce the product, you can still put it out at 3:00 AM (I think the International folks enjoy this) and you can still put contests and freebies out at random intervals. But please, don't toy with us when it comes to your great products! (no pun intended)

It's called "Sleep is for the weak"/Snooze you lose. Keeps you on your toes.

IMO, the should have done each release at night.

Thank you Sideshow!! It was a blast as usual and I truly did have a wonderful time. So many great things packed into Spook and running on so little sleep it all seems a bit lik ea blur.

And BANweeweeOUNT's.......we gotta get together more often for more craziness. :D

awesome time during spook :rock:rock:rock:rock

bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account bank account

Was fun (but then I never NOT have fun during Spook - even if I don't win anything). Thanks SS guys! The "It Collects From..." clips were priceless...lots of obvious effort and was fun watching you guys trying to keep a straight face. (wondering just how many takes you had to finally get it right each time). Great new products and great prizes.

Great talking to my fellow Freaks...meeting new ones and touching base again with some of my fellow "old-timers".

BANweeweeOUNT fer'ever!!!

Last edited:
:rock :bow

Even though you didn't have the 30% off on SSE LAM and Phanton I was waiting for. :monkey2 :lol

Also, Keith and Klauder is better than It Collects from Beyond. :monkey5 :D

VERY FUN SPOOK INDEED !!!!!
"IT" collects from beyond was awesome.
chat was a blast, its always great for a laugh, there are some serious freaks in chat.:lol
loved the dead "movie"......(probably my fav)
all around 2 thumbs up.

only dissappointment was no dead priest......... :monkey2 (while tragic... somehow i think i'll live....:D)

BANweeweeOUNT's RULE !!!!!!!!! :lol

Back