Terminator Salvation - Blu-Ray...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here, just picked it up at Bestbuy on my Lunch, but 3 mins for the Directors cut....i thought it would be longer!!

is it true they actually removed some stuff from the directors cut that was in the theatrical release?

Just finished watching the Blu, I enjoyed it alot more than I did in the theatres...I think I let the negativity surrounding the theatrical release get the best of me. Good movie...actually, GREAT movie.

Anyone watched the extras? I'm really annoyed there's no extras at all on the DVD, this is the first film I've encountered where you're really pushed to go BR for any substance with the film. I'm curious what the quality is like for the extra materials, if it's actually worthwhile or if it's just crap I'm not missing out on.

Picked up the Blu Ray version of this movie at Target. Used a $5 off any Blu Ray internet coupon making the total $14.99 (before tax).

There is only 3 minutes of added footage, not 30 minutes.
I'm also surprised McG cut out the scene of Kyle burying Marcus and finding the picture of Sarah Connor in his jacket. That was ESSENTIAL.

wtf?! how the heck does that make the slightest bit of sense?? i assume you're talking about the polaroid photo of sarah taken at the end of t1. that photo was in john connor's possession since he was a child and he subsequently gave it to kyle reese, before reese did the time jump back to '84. as far as story canon goes, the photo never passed on to anyone else's hands.

so why on earth would marcus have the photo??

if this scene exists, this further shows that mcG didn't understand the source material at all, or he chose to f@k around with it without the slightest regard for continuity, just cos it seemed like a "cool" idea to him. :banghead

No bro, it was in the jacket that Connor gave to Kyle, not Marcus. He finds it in the pocket AFTER he buries Marcus.

That would actually make Kyle's love for Sarah make more sense than just falling in love with the legend based on John's stories, seeing her early on, developing interest early on, that's one thing right he could have done.

It's a really important scene. I wish McG had left it in.

I just picked up the "Iron Pack" version... 3 discs... 2 special featurettes... picture in picture with storyboards, director commentary and mythology time-line.

DSC08795.jpg

DSC08800.jpg

DSC08801.jpg

That's the Canadian Futureshop one. The UK also has a pretty cool one from Play.

No bro, it was in the jacket that Connor gave to Kyle, not Marcus. He finds it in the pocket AFTER he buries Marcus.

ok, but that still contradicts what kyle said in t1. that the photo was GIVEN to him by john connor, not found in a pocket of a jacket given by connor. surely something as important as THE photo that would lead kyle to "idolize" sarah wouldn't be accidentally passed on to him. john knew the importance of the photo. it would only make sense as cameron portrayed it, that john presented sarah's photo to kyle in person. his very existence depended on it.

What is the one to buy? This Iron pack case? I just want all the features I can get.

What about the footage that was used in all the trailers that were not in the film? I want to see what the 800 does with the mini gun after he rips it and the arm of the 600 off.

Is there anything with Arnold in it talking about his work on/in the film?

Back