Terminator Genisys (July 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Terminator 5 - Shooting Jan 2014

Then by your own logic you must hold TDKR in the exact same regard as BB and TDK. It had all the same cast and crew right? Must be as good then. I guess Spider-Man 3 is also just as good as 1 and 2.

I missed this.

Well, I'm sure by Cameron's (and his team) third Terminator outing it would have gotten stale and possibly terrible. As much as I enjoy T2:3D, it's odd that they all made it and stated that it was some sort of canon for a future Terminator 3 that was never made.

I have no problem with Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, or Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2. Now their third flicks? That's something else entirely. It's usually by film 3 where it all goes south and even the most creative filmmaking team begins to slip up and make weird choices when it comes to story and packing as much in as they possibly can for a bloated, mess of a movie.

Everyone brings up that T2 is basically a remake of the first. In the concept yes and in the way many things play out. But unlike so many other remakes it was good at being a remake. Making the original Terminator the protector was a good move - the only move. What were they gonna do make him the baddie again? Then the film would be even more of a remake. T2 also took up the idea deleted from T1 of the heroes proactively attempting to stop the war from happening.

Khev did bring up elsewhere the good idea that they could have actually had the T-800 kill people before John Connor told him not to, that doing so could have brought in a harder edge to the film. I'm not unhappy that they didn't go this way but I do acknowledge that it could have been interesting and really put to bed the idea that uncle Bob is a wimp.

But what we got is still good, it went down well with most people and still does with most people.

edit- also everything Difabio said in his last post.
:exactly: :goodpost:

I'd really wished they continued The Sarah Connor Chronicles, that was a TRUE and RESPECTFUL follow up to James Camerons' work.

I missed this.

Well, I'm sure by Cameron's (and his team) third Terminator outing it would have gotten stale and possibly terrible. As much as I enjoy T2:3D, it's odd that they all made it and stated that it was some sort of canon for a future Terminator 3 that was never made.

I have no problem with Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, or Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2. Now their third flicks? That's something else entirely. It's usually by film 3 where it all goes south and even the most creative filmmaking team begins to slip up and make weird choices when it comes to story and packing as much in as they possibly can for a bloated, mess of a movie.

I was simply pointing out your selective logic.

I'd really wished they continued The Sarah Connor Chronicles, that was a TRUE and RESPECTFUL follow up to James Camerons' work.

It was cool but im glad it did not go on.
T1000 as a toilet bowl no thank you.

TSCC was about to step it up to another level with the future war setting. It's criminal that it finished when it did!

I dont know about everyone else, but Im assuming and hoping the story is moving forward into the bleak future that we saw in the beginning of T1 or was it T2?.. with the T800 units all over the place fighting the rebels in an all out war. We should also be seeing the infiltration units, IE. Arnie. I also am hoping they explain how they decided to use his image. If it's at all of what Im thinking, it should bring this whole series in a full circle sending Arnie back to the past, or John Connors changes it from his previous knowledge of the overall war.

I dont know about everyone else, but Im assuming and hoping the story is moving forward into the bleak future that we saw in the beginning of T1 or was it T2?.. with the T800 units all over the place fighting the rebels in an all out war. We should also be seeing the infiltration units, IE. Arnie. I also am hoping they explain how they decided to use his image. If it's at all of what Im thinking, it should bring this whole series in a full circle sending Arnie back to the past, or John Connors changes it from his previous knowledge of the overall war.

That is literally the only thing left to do with this franchise. Presumably T4 and the trilogy that that was supposed to be part of were going to do that. Buuut evidently they've decided it just wasn't right without Arnie in the entire film.

That is literally the only thing left to do with this franchise. Presumably T4 and the trilogy that that was supposed to be part of were going to do that. Buuut evidently they've decided it just wasn't right without Arnie in the entire film.

I mean if youre worried about the embarassment of Arnold being old, they always can use his cgi image they used in T4. But I do get what youre saying. I didnt think T4 was all that bad. I actually liked it. I thought it was miles better than that snoozefest of a movie T3. T4 goes to show that a Terminator flick can work without Arnold. Although I do admit, that nod to Arnold at the end put a smile on my face. Young Arnold is ok. Old Arnold makes me cringe. I wouldnt mind if T5 had Arnold in a small role. But not the star of the show.

I'm starting to doubt we'll ever have a feature length interpretation of Cameron's future war vision. Instead we got a Transfomers-esque mess featuring an angry Batman, from the guy who gave us The O.C lol.

It was made clear that the humans would remain underground during the day and attack the machines at night... I'm guessing when it came to T4, McG never got the memo.

i liked Salvation.hope the story is after this movie.See the story how Terminators was sent back time and what happened after that in future.and in T6 see the end of war, with one side win

Awesome, loved part 3 but hated Salvation except for the CGI Arnold. ;)

Looking forward to this!

Hey its sci-fi they can make anything up to justify why a cyborg has aged 30 years.

I'd like to see a sequel within a sequel, have the events of T2 or T3 with John Connor and his pet Terminator coming from the future to save his 1980's or 1990's self.

meh, I don't understand why people like watching old men like bruce willis. Its well known that audience don't like to watch old ladies much like beth midler, talented as she is, but old dude?

Back