Terminator Genisys (July 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Him studying Biehn wouldn't have made a difference.

Meanies! :pfft:

:lol

I agree to a certain extent, because he was just wrong for the role, but at least try to capture the essence of the character and the personality, especially since the whole point of the film is revisiting the original Terminator movie and characters. The Asian actor playing the T 1000 not only studied the original actor, but when he was asked to do something in the film that wasn't true to the character, he would tell the director and he would do it differently because he understood the character he was playing, unlike Courtney, who was there to play dress up and to collect a paycheck.

Him studying Biehn wouldn't have made a difference.

Courtney had to wipe out Biehn's entire existence!

you see you said something that reminded me of something Kyle Reese said in T1 and I took it up and continued the quote. I know it doesn't make any sense...

I agree to a certain extent, because he was just wrong for the role, but at least try to capture the essence of the character and the personality, especially since the whole point of the film is revisiting the original Terminator movie and characters. The Asian actor playing the T 1000 not only studied the original actor, but when he was asked to do something in the film that wasn't true to the character, he would tell the director and he would do it differently because he understood the character he was playing, unlike Courtney, who was there to play dress up and to collect a paycheck.

To be fair to Jai's Reece, he did tell Sarah that he was there to protect her and she **** blocked his heroics by introducing her pops which instantly made him useless trying to compete with "the guardian".

His character was neutered before he even started.

Last edited:
I liked Jai Courtney in Jack Reacher, he was good.

I didn't like him in Die Hard 5 or Terminator 5 though. Other than Jason Clarke and JK Simmons, I thought everyone sucked in Genisys, even Arnold.
Yeah, he was good in Reacher where he didn't have to say much, and coasted by on his bad-ass looks.

He should be able to play Sonny well since he was a ****** in a lot of ways. Is there really going to be a Godfather sequel?

There was, but Mario Puzo died and Coppola didn't want to make the movie without him.

And I think that Jai Courtney would be a really bad choice for Sonny :lol Playing a ****** wouldn't automatically make him right for the role. James Caan played Sonny with real energy and inner violence. I doubt Courtney could ever achieve something like that. It'd be another situation like this movie where he just doesn't feel like the Kyle Reese of T1.

The planned sequel/prequel was going to be structured in the same way as The Godfather Part II, with interweaving story lines of the young Sonny Corleone making his name and Andy Garcia's character from Part III continuing the Corleone Empire. Whoever was to play Sonny would have had to do what Robert De Niro did - fully emulate the older actor from the first movie to create a younger portrayal of the same man. With Jai Courtney's attitude towards Michael Biehn's performance ("oh, uh, I don't think it's really important to act like earlier versions of the same character, that's boring") I actually think he would be the worst choice imaginable for a younger Sonny :lol

I don't know if he was supposed to emulate MB though because they wrote him as being protected by Sarah. :lol

She says the famous line now, come with me if you want to live.

He takes jello form and takes her hand.

Though to be fair, he was really behaving in the spirit of this film--cheap cash grab, do the smallest amount of work necessary, and by all means don't show up Arnold.

He was too busy devoting all of his attention and talents toward The Divergent Series: Insurgent.

It's true, here's a small sample of that amazing performance. Look at the depth, the emotions, and the psychological immersion.

QHa8Cs8.gif

Brando, Daniel Day Lewis, and Peter O' Toole....all pussies. Courtney is the new king of acting!

You really got the sense that Biehn had been through hell. He was squirrely and intense. He felt like he had lost everything in the future and that world was hopeless. Anton Yelchin did a good job capturing most of those traits as well. Jai Courtney.... well, he showed up.

Back