Terminator Flask and chip - Russ Replicas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should cost at least 50% less than what Russ is asking for.

Not sure if I agree, the price is quite ok. Remember this is a 1:1 replica made of solid aluminum with rubber O rings and glass. As for the chip it is made of brass. Not made of stupid resin like many of the replicas we get. I only hope Russ will make a 1:1 Endo arm of aluminum with movable fingers, to put the Sideshow's resin one to shame.

Just compare the hilarious chocolate chip made by Sideshow for the Endo bust with the one made by Russ:

ComparisonSSRussReplicasCPUChips.jpg

Fully agree with you jkno!
It's a full metal, machined, replica! Well worth the price, considering that inferior CPU flasks (by Timeless Replicas and Cinema Replicas) made out of resin, while very rare, go for the same price, or a lot more (if one manages to find them for sale)

Ahh, tnaig001, my mistake, you were right!

It's just different HCG :D (Hollywood Collector's Gallery) not HCG (Hollywood Collectibles Group)

0_002004000006.gif

More pictures:
1_002004000006.jpg

2_002004000006.jpg

3_002004000006.jpg

4_002004000006.jpg

5_002004000006.jpg

6_002004000006.jpg

Judging by pictures, looks nice, but you can't compare this to the one made by Russ..But if it'll be $190, price is not that bad at all.

The only thing that might be better is the light effect, but that can be reproduced easily with a led puck with blue lights. As for details on the support, the margins seems too soft compared to the one made by Russ and also no rubber O rings. Not sure if it is made of metal or resin, but somehow I think it is resin...

$200 is not too bad, but I'd rather pay a bit more and get the metal version. As I said before not always a licensed prop has the quality of a fan made replica, in the Star Wars collecting that happens a lot. Anyone know time for release for this one?

The only thing that might be better is the light effect, but that can be reproduced easily with a led puck with blue lights. As for details on the support, the margins seems too soft compared to the one made by Russ and also no rubber O rings. Not sure if it is made of metal or resin, but somehow I think it is resin...

$200 is not too bad, but I'd rather pay a bit more and get the metal version. As I said before not always a licensed prop has the quality of a fan made replica, in the Star Wars collecting that happens a lot. Anyone know time for release for this one?

Actually, I find the light effect to be kinda "cheap"..I'd rather have LEDs installed in the base, so they illuminate from beneath, and make some interesting shadowing, then LEDs in the flask, that's not how it looked in the movie, besides, there is a high chance that glass tube is not removable from the stand, I'm pretty sure they just led wire trough there, not bothered to make metal contacts so glass tube could be removed.

This is almost positively made out of polystone or resin, if it's metal, then it's casted, it's pretty obvious it wasn't machined (and who would bother casting metal?)

Actually, licensed replicas RARELY reach the quality of the fan made replicas, if it's a reproduction and not direct cast off of screen used piece, it'll always be inferior to fan made, as fans pay much more attention to details!

Unfortunately, I don't know the release date for this one.
But to be honest, I don't care :p Perfectly satisfied with my Russ Replicas Flask and CPU!

I like the idea of LED's on the base as well, Toni...
That shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish and the effect would be perfect :clap

As I already said a simple puck light like Osram Linear Vario with blue LEDs could do it really cool. I have to find me another Osram and replace the LEDs with blue ones.

I don't think any replica can compare with the craftsmanship that Russ put into his flask. Got one sitting here in the room with me and it's a masterpiece.

Back