Terminator Endoskeleton Life-Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pardon my ignorance, but beside the chip door, can anyone point out the differences between T1 and T2? They all look same to me, I didn't even know there were more differences....

Pardon my ignorance, but beside the chip door, can anyone point out the differences between T1 and T2? They all look same to me, I didn't even know there were more differences....

They have a different port cover on the top of the head, behind the CPU port, T1 has a little bit bigger details on the sideplates, jaw pistons are a bit different and T1 has a split right down the middle of the neck.

I'm going to have to wait until this is in hand before I purchase. I, like many here, would love an accurate representation of the T1. From the purchases I've made and returned, it is hit or miss.

Man you guys are some tough critics. I'm no expert on the intricacies of each endo, but to me this looks pretty badass so far and a good representation of what a Terminator from the first 2 movies is. Obviously more needs to be shown, but I'm certainly intrigued.

Looking badass is not a reason for buying a Terminatorprop for me.It must be accurate like in the movies.Its the same with SW-Props..the most people out there have no idea that Darth Vader looks different in every movie!:wink1:

Looking badass is not a reason for buying a Terminatorprop for me.It must be accurate like in the movies.Its the same with SW-Props..the most people out there have no idea that Darth Vader looks different in every movie!:wink1:

I think that comes with experience, at least it has for me. I wasn't really concerned with accuracy when I started collecting because of how "cool" stuff looked. Accuracy has become more and more important to me as time has passed, and I have learned more about the intricacies of the pieces I collect.

Thing is, if accuracy is not an issue and someone is fine with it just looking cool...why even spend this money? You can grab some knock off for 1/10th the price.

I'm an accuracy nut when comes to Star Wars, but not so much on Endos. I never did a proper research on Endos, like I did on other SW props for example. So I allow a bit more accuracy margin on Endos. Maybe one day I'll do my homework on Endskeletons too, for now I rely on what experts are saying here or on a couple other boards. So in the end if an Endo looks ok (licensed or not), I might get it as long as it is from T1 & T2.

Thing is, if accuracy is not an issue and someone is fine with it just looking cool...why even spend this money? You can grab some knock off for 1/10th the price.

Many collectors like going for licensed stuff only. I'm not necessarily one of them (I have my fair share of fan made props and stuff, including Terminator stuff, and most are way better than licensed), but those people are there, and quite many too. If they have to balance accuracy versus licensed product, 80% will go for licensed.

Why? Many reasons, some would be: lack of knowledge and interest regarding accuracy; in a way licensed is easier to get; it has a limited edition (recently this is questionable though, plus unlicensed things can be as unique or even more); has a larger appeal to the collector community; unlicensed is some times confused with knock-offs; good unlicensed stuff could be more expensive than licensed items etc.

Thats it.This stuff is so expensive because its licensed stuff.:wink1:

@jkno:Fanmadestuff is most time better.But the best is you build it yourself...thats why I always order a kit when possible.:)

Seriously, the dog with the wiring donkey ice cream fluffernuts still needs to be accurate if it's going to grease the banana wheel. :banana

I honestly don't understand why people don't care about accuracy, when these things cost so much and a specific style is announced. It simply doesn't make sense that they can be sold a lie so easily and complain when they are shown what isn't correct. Not just for this bust, but for figures too. If they don't care about accuracy... then why not simply go out and buy one of the earlier - usually exactly the same - pieces instead. Sure... this one has shoulders and more chest... but is that really enough difference for basically the same product or worse to get excited about?

I don't get it.

What I honestly don't understand, is why some people don't understand that different people can have different tastes, preferences, and reasons for collecting.

I honestly don't understand why people don't care about accuracy, when these things cost so much and a specific style is announced. It simply doesn't make sense that they can be sold a lie so easily and complain when they are shown what isn't correct. Not just for this bust, but for figures too. If they don't care about accuracy... then why not simply go out and buy one of the earlier - usually exactly the same - pieces instead. Sure... this one has shoulders and more chest... but is that really enough difference for basically the same product or worse to get excited about?

I don't get it.

Yes. That's exactly the reason I'm interested in this. Why is that so hard to comprehend? I want a representation of the character and movie and not just a head. That doesn't do anything for me. And close enough is good enough for me usually as long as the quality in product is there and the overall piece represents what I want it to represent. Some minor details being off won't sway me one way or the other and I don't need Stan Winston himself to make it.

I don't get it.

Collector mind is a complicated mind. There are completists out there who would buy everything, there are people who do not care about any kind of accuracy just to look good on display, others who care about every minute detail on their items, some who go mad for a tiny imperfection on their collectible, others who like their stuff (props mostly) rough and imperfect. If Sideshow would release tomorrow a rock with a pebble as exclusive there will be people buying it and saying how cool it is and how they love its EX.

Collector mind is a complicated mind. There are completists out there who would buy everything, there are people who do not care about any kind of accuracy just to look good on display, others who care about every minute detail on their items, some who go mad for a tiny imperfection on their collectible, others who like their stuff (props mostly) rough and imperfect. If Sideshow would release tomorrow a rock with a pebble as exclusive there will be people buying it and saying how cool it is and how they love its EX.

When is the rock going up for PO? I don't want to miss out on the EX. :panic:

Back