Terminator 2: T-800 PF - official photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing that baffles me is, on a 7" inch figure of Arnie, the new Neca figures being a perfect example, the body is sculpted in a way to represent him. Now if that's a 7" figure, why can't it be the same for a full on, couple o' hundred bucks statue? Why not give him a muscley body, in the shape of the Hot toys 'ducth' body but made out of the appropriate material?

Do you see what i'm getting at? I'm not tryna bring doom and gloom to the thread, it's just my 2 cents. Sorry to be a big moaning sod :lol

I realise the body is never seen, because it's a statue etc etc. but surely giving him a proper shaped body would better the look even with clothes on? It's kind of like he has the same body as the Indy PF or something, and it's like woah! What!

At the end of the day, if you give him a puney little body, which he has got, it will never look right. And I try to look at pictures of the thing and like it, but I just think it looks off. Also, I think the legs may be too close together and the pose probably doesn't help.

Last edited:
Problem is that sometimes accurate body bulk doesn't look good with scaled down clothing over the top of it...proof of this is best seen on 1:6 scale figures...look at the naked body proportions, and then look at the same figure with clothing. So I can understand why the body is smaller underneath. However, I did add some bulk to my pf, so I see where you are coming from. All that said, this pf is spectacular, and may be the best representation of the T-800 for a very long time.

Problem is that sometimes accurate body bulk doesn't look good with scaled down clothing over the top of it...proof of this is best seen on 1:6 scale figures...look at the naked body proportions, and then look at the same figure with clothing. So I can understand why the body is smaller underneath. However, I did add some bulk to my pf, so I see where you are coming from. All that said, this pf is spectacular, and may be the best representation of the T-800 for a very long time.

I agree wholeheartedly and this is coming from one that was on the fence for what seemed like forever.

Holy.....what a cool setup

IMG_5621.jpg

YES, TOO Emaciated !!
The new Neca version looks more realistic and have much more details
Finaly a muscular perfect Terminator body, looks cleary better then the Premium Sideshow version which was too thin.
I hope they do a 18inch version soon.
https://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/andellis/t800a-1.jpg
https://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee351/roynajmeddine/IMG_5657.jpg
More Pictures : https://www.poeghostal.com/2009/06/review-t-800-pescadero-escape-terminator-2-judgment-day.html

Sideshow Version: Looks artificially, too well-behaved, to harmless, to human... this is not Terminator for me, sry.

Neca version: As from the Film

YES, TOO Emaciated !!
The new Neca version looks more realistic and have much more details
Finaly a muscular perfect Terminator body, looks cleary better then the Premium Sideshow version which was too thin.
I hope they do a 18inch version soon.

More Pictures : https://www.poeghostal.com/2009/06/review-t-800-pescadero-escape-terminator-2-judgment-day.html

t800a-1.jpg

IMG_5657.jpg

Way too thin, even in the face and neck. Makes him look like Randy Travis. Too bad.

Sideshow Version: Looks artificially, too well-behaved, to harmless, to human and obviously too slim ... this is not Terminator for me, sry.

Last edited:
Sideshow Version: Looks artificially, too well-behaved, to harmless, to human, just too boring... this is not Terminator for me, sry.

I couldn't pose the neca one with my other pfs though... so for now , it is the arnie I have. :D
I still don't see a problem though , I really really can't stress enough how this one needs to be seen in person.

And out of interest how does sideshows version look behaved ?.... harmless... and boring compared to the neca version ?.
I can understand you thinking the neca is better in terms of being built correctly but I don't understand how this makes him look to well behaved.
What does that even mean anyway ?. Do terminators have to behave now ?...

I'm not defending the piece.... well.. I guess I am in a way.

:lol

Look at the hanging pants for example, the propotions on the body are terrible.

Whatever, the sideshow version cannot convince me.

Look at the hanging pants for example, the propotions on the body are terrible.

Whatever, the sideshow version cannot convince me.

Ok.
I still don't understand though how that makes him harmless and well behaved.
If a serial killer suddenly started to wear hanging pants and lost a bit of weight that doesn't mean hes suddenly harmless . :monkey3:huh

Yes, but we are talking here about a figure from the Terminator 2 movie, and not about a unknown Serial Killer !
This is a huge difference.

Yes, but we are talking here about a figure from the Terminator 2 movie, and not about a unknown Serial Killer !
This is a huge difference.

:confused: But the question is still the same.
What is it about the statue that makes you think it looks well behaved.... boring and harmless ?.

Necas figure is poseable so in that aspect compared to the sideshow pf its unfair to judge them on being " boring " since its a statue.

Too human ?. Wasn't the idea of the T-800 in T2 to look human so nobody suspected him. Same goes with the T-1000.
They should look exaclty like a human.. so how can it look too human ?.

You don't understand me. :angelsmil

The fact is that NECA´s version is much closer to the original, thats all.

Last edited:
Back