Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could have sworn I saw that head pic years ago. I could be wrong though.

I'm calliing bogus on the first pic.

Would be kinda cool to see a reboot and actually have the turtles be different kinds of turtles and acutally have each one look different.

If they looked like that it wouldn't bother me. It does look more like a real turtle than the versions we are used to.

10rqtj9.jpg

:lecture hot toys.

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say that looks completely awesome. The turtles are in need of a massive redesign. Sorry to say, but they need to do everything they can to drop the "teenage" portion of their personalities. Mikey can still be goofy I guess, but the others need to be stone cold badasses. They need to be intimidating and actually kill people with their weapons. I'm really digging the rougher look in that pic....reminds me of a custom statue of leonardo I came across. I love the first TMNT live action movie, mostly for nostalgic purposes, but they need to update the characters to appeal to the older demographics.

10rqtj9.jpg

okay this turtle looks sweat.hes not alien like the first turtle pic.this could be cool.

I think I just died a little with the first pic. :(

This looks bad ass....but not for the movie...more like fan art maybe.

It's like when they made Piccolo look like this in the Dragonball movie:
PiccolofromDragonballEvolution.png

It just doesn't work.:nono

Last edited:
The 'leaked' pic was just a student project:

https://www.theeffectslab.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13657

hell no it wasn't :rotfl

TMNT11.jpg

Hell yes it was. :lol It was a parody (mostly of Daredevil), sure, but it still wasn't for kids. The first comic even ended with the beheading of Shredder.:google Next few comics weren't exactly kid friendly either; only later did it shift because of the cartoon, IIRC, but even then it had some pretty mature stuff still.

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say that looks completely awesome. The turtles are in need of a massive redesign. Sorry to say, but they need to do everything they can to drop the "teenage" portion of their personalities. Mikey can still be goofy I guess, but the others need to be stone cold badasses. They need to be intimidating and actually kill people with their weapons. I'm really digging the rougher look in that pic....reminds me of a custom statue of leonardo I came across. I love the first TMNT live action movie, mostly for nostalgic purposes, but they need to update the characters to appeal to the older demographics.

10rqtj9.jpg

They look like they work for Shredder...... Redbox rental when it hits dvd?

This won't end well.

EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon have brought Michael Bay and his Platinum Dunes partners Brad Fuller and Andrew Form on to produce Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the live-action film that reboots the film series launched by New Line in 1990. Bay, Fuller and Form will produce with Galen Walker and Scott Mednick.

The producers will begin meetings with writers in the next few weeks. The deal puts Bay in the center of two Paramount franchises, as he started production May 17 on Transformers 3, and is zeroing in on Rosie Huntington-Whitely to replace Megan Fox as love interest for Shia LaBeouf. TNMT, a co-production between Paramount and Nickelodeon, is an outgrowth of the $60 million acquisition made by Nick last October for global rights to the entire Turtles franchise. Right around the same time, Paramount made a first look deal with the Platinum Dunes partners, who will generate genre projects but also want to expand their scope. While they've already set up several projects including a Rob Cohen-remake of Fright Night, the Turtles film puts them into new territory.

https://www.deadline.com/2010/05/platinum-dunes-steers-turtles-relaunch/

Back