TDKR Hot Toys 1/6 Scale vehicle "THE BAT"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I hope we get a confirmed announcement from hot toys soon Becsuse if this beautiful thing is not going to be for sale i will be able to go alittle deeper into the avengers line then I was going to because of this thing.

I feel like the most ____ed up part of this whole cancellation thing is the fact that they've advertised it so much already. They shouldn't have taken it to ani-con no matter how cool it made their booth look. That's just rude.

That's been my exact feeling since this entire rumor started. If they knew that this probably wasn't going to get made, why do the multiple backstage passes, or why use this to showcase the DX 12. Ani-Con was just the final straw.

HT are being so annoying! The price for this shouldn't reach a grand. Also why spend so much time and investment money on producing one if only now they are having doubts? They knew what the size of it was gonna be when they started the project and a rough cost of it.

And 50?! Seriosuly? There are way more people who will buy this, I expect them to make at least 500 if not a thousand Bats.

HT are being so annoying! The price for this shouldn't reach a grand. Also why spend so much time and investment money on producing one if only now they are having doubts? They knew what the size of it was gonna be when they started the project and a rough cost of it.

And 50?! Seriosuly? There are way more people who will buy this, I expect them to make at least 500 if not a thousand Bats.

THe value aspect as to be there as well so far I think that their figures are increasing in cost but the vehicals are well priced the tummbler from a few years ago has not risen that much in price in comparison to the one on PO now

Last edited:
Make this HT, anything under 2k for this and I'm in! Just stop this making it not making it BS!

The price for this shouldn't reach a grand.

I think it will be more than that. The '89 Batmobile is much smaller, has a much simpler design, and will have a higher production run. All that and it has an MSRP of $630. How do you think they are going to do the Bat for less than $1k? It isn't going to happen.

Honestly....just do a preliminary pre-order, deposit of say $250 to see who's REALLY in on it and then go from there

My Last two pics of the BAT as they were dismantling the display:

31bat2.jpg

31bat1.jpg

While it looks fantastic, personally I wouldn't get this now due to space, but could possibly see buying one down the road depending on price, which would have to be south of $1K. Like anything else if HT can produce with a high level of QC and sell with a nice profit margin it would likely be a great product for them to offer the fans.

Funny you should say that. I was thinking of making one (1/6 T-Rex) lately with full skeletal structure, simulated muscles and tendons and stuff with rolling eyes system. The one thing that stumbles me is the cost. Anyone willing to undertake the project I can help with the 3D for the mold. I have at least figured out how the jaw and muscles would work.

Wow. You're not messing around. Wish I could fund this project. Hopefully Hot Toys will at some point.

I will say this again. I think they should do this like what Kotobukiya did with the X-Wing Fighter. Sell it by sections and assemble the model when all the sections are collected. The Kotobukiya X-Wing have 6 boxes altogether. This way, the can sell more as it will be more affordable.

I hope with Ani-Com now over that this is not the last time we see of this vehicle. Even if HT only produces 500 Bats and sell them at $1500 a pop, they will sell every one. I invested $3500 last year to buy both the Toynami Batwing and Batmobile and they are undoubtedly my two favorite pieces in my collection. I have the HT Batpod and Tumbler already in my collection and I'm getting the 1989 Batmobile from HT as well plus all of their Batman/TDKR related figures. I just hope I get to add the Bat to this collection in the next year or so. If Howard and HT are reading this thread, there are more people who want this than don't as the crown jewel in their HT Nolan Batman collection.

If people are willing to pay for mass produced overpriced Legos, The Bat issue is hardly an issue.

I hope with Ani-Com now over that this is not the last time we see of this vehicle. Even if HT only produces 500 Bats and sell them at $1500 a pop, they will sell every one. I invested $3500 last year to buy both the Toynami Batwing and Batmobile and they are undoubtedly my two favorite pieces in my collection. I have the HT Batpod and Tumbler already in my collection and I'm getting the 1989 Batmobile from HT as well plus all of their Batman/TDKR related figures. I just hope I get to add the Bat to this collection in the next year or so. If Howard and HT are reading this thread, there are more people who want this than don't as the crown jewel in their HT Nolan Batman collection.

I do want it, but I'm not paying 1500 bucks, so can it, mister. :thwak Howard, if you're reading this, don't make it $1,500. :lecture

I REALLY want this vehicle. Talk about a centerpiece! I'm only doing the Nolan Batman releases, so I can't say no to this, even if I have no idea where I'll put it!

To make this worth their while, their will probably have to sell around 2000 to 3000 units of this to make it worth their while and at the same time keep it affordable for most.

I am estimating at least 1000USD for this if they ever proceed with the plan.

It's not even that simple, though. There are obvious logistical concerns as well:

How much production resources would it require? Remember, HT has many products in the pipeline.

How will it be packaged?

Will it require extensive assembly?

What will shipping costs be? And would enough consumers be willing to pay that?

Even if they get a couple thousand people willing to throw down $1,500 USD for this the answers to the questions above could still make this infeasible.

It's not even that simple, though. There are obvious logistical concerns as well:

How much production resources would it require? Remember, HT has many products in the pipeline.

How will it be packaged?

Will it require extensive assembly?

What will shipping costs be? And would enough consumers be willing to pay that?

Even if they get a couple thousand people willing to throw down $1,500 USD for this the answers to the questions above could still make this infeasible.

Getting it shipped to dealer will be a huge factor is adding to the cost. This is not a few small cases of Batman that you can airmail to dealer.

Due to the size of this, the only feasible way to ship this is by sea and you must rent a container, engaged the service of a freight company, and then maybe even a forwarding company to send the stuff from the harbour to your warehouse. That adds considerable cost to the item from the dealer side.

Back