Premium Format TBLeague & Executive Replicas: Rambo First Blood 1:4 Premium Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what's wrong with the body on the PCS statue. It might be a bit exaggerated as far as the musculature goes, but it's a nice sculpt overall, including the head which is spot on. My only complaint with it is that he is a little too tanned, but overall I think it's the best Rambo statue out there IMO. A professional repaint would make it next level.

It just looks like the body and head are in 2 different scales and don't go together.

Agreed, it's sad that they got the Stallone/Rambo likeness spot on but like I said the physique looks like a comic book Rambo and has zero realism to what his body looked like in Rambo First Blood Part II. To those who have it, congrats.

On Maga's Creed 1/3 statue, I have know idea why he choose to make that statue, it's the wrong look to sell a lot of statues because who really wants an old Rocky setting on a stool for $1,000? He could have done a battle damaged Rocky from 1976 which nobody has done or a street clothes Rocky 1976 which hasn't been done either, both would have sold very well. I did message him with an idea for a Rambo Last Blood statue which he likes, it's Rambo at the exact moment that he rips out the bad guys heart and he's holding the huge knife in one hand and the other hand has the bloody heart raised up, would be awesome, hope he makes it.

In a previous post you mentioned the HCG Rocky III 1/4 statue that you want to get, wait to around November or December that statue has been out for around two years and hasn't sold well, they will put it on sale on the HCG website for 50% off around that time, with taxes and shipping you should be able to get in for around $260. The reason it hasn't sold well is because they already made that type of Rocky in 1/4 scale about 7 years ago in the flag trunks, I have know idea why they choose the same type of pose again, but it is what it is. You ever wonder at times who is in charge of developing statues for these companies and some of the stupid decisions they continue making on what should be given the green light for production? I would love to have that job lol.

Well for me, I like the newer 1/4 Rocky better than the previous one so it's good for me that they did what they did, thanks for the tip.

As for his Creed Rocky, he's a fan and I applaud it, I know he's been working on a Rambo 5 head, not sure ultimately for what, but I do want to add something Rambo 5 that is Sly to my collection, I may not have all films in a single scale, but I have them all represented with something Stallone-based. I'm looking at options for a custom 1/6 figure too. I applaud his enthusiasm for Stallone, but for some reason his work is inconsistent, some really look like Sly, even if not photo-realistic, and others just lack in the face, the latest Creed piece in particular.

As for PCS, I looked photos over a lot, from the neck down it looks like Stallone's body, it just feels like the head is 1/4 scale size and the body 1/3 and together it makes the body look exaggerated.

In the end nothing is perfect, in defense of Maga he's an artist and as an artist it's his unique interpretation of the characters he sculpts that am purchasing, so when I buy a statue from him I am buying custom art where some collectors would be looking for an exact 100% likeness to a character am looking to get a good likeness and also something that represents an artists style.

Oh, I agree, I just have a hard time seeing things with the new Rocky piece.

I think the issues me and you maybe having with the statue is the angle he filmed it at plus the lighting, I have and I am sure you have purchased statues that either look great in hand or unfortunately don't improve in hand, I really don't like to judge unless I have the statue in hand, but for $1,000 it's got to have something special, this Creed statue doesn't do it for me either. Did you see Creed II? I mentioned to Maga that a Drago Jr battle damaged statue is a must, I don't really care for the character of Creed, love to see Maga do an Apollo Creed from 1976 either battled damage or in his Uncle Sam outfit.

I've seen the Creed movies and liked them both. It's hard but when you're buying you have limited choices to go off. It's very possible that issues with PCS Rambo aren't as apparent in person as the sales photos, however, when that's all that's available to make my decision, what I see didn't impress me enough for the cost.

I've seen the Creed movies and liked them both. It's hard but when you're buying you have limited choices to go off. It's very possible that issues with PCS Rambo aren't as apparent in person as the sales photos, however, when that's all that's available to make my decision, what I see didn't impress me enough for the cost.

That's fair enough. Probably best to see it in person before dropping that sort of money on it.

Back