Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is my two together in the rebel base doorway r2 and threepo.jpg

You all are right this thing is beautiful. Just got it today and never imagined I would have this much fun with a character that I borderline dislike. Its true what has been said about the lack of articulation in the hips and to a bit lesser degree the head. Decent articulation in the waist and feet help alot, and if there was ever a somewhat static character its 3po. The metal finish and real wiring are beyond cool. Mine has a small spot of uneven paint on top of the shoulder below the neck. Think I'll keep this one though as it can only be seen if you look at the fig top down and I'm not convinced I would get a better one as this guy appears otherwise perfect. Final destination is probably next to SS R2, a couple jawas, and farmer Luke.

Carrying over from the Sideshow C-3PO thread, I'm posting photos of the Tama next to the original Kenner figure from 1977/78 and the Hasbro from 1997/98. These are ultra-crap poorly lit iPhone 4S photos with a little noise reduction and cropping in Lightroom.

01.jpg
02.jpg

is it confirmed that bandai/Tamashii has cancelled the R2-D2 (1/6 version) project?

is it confirmed that bandai/Tamashii has cancelled the R2-D2 (1/6 version) project?

Confirmed through lack of release, but no, there hasn't been an announcement and there will likely never be one. That aside, why would anyone want the horrible R2 they showed off? Underscaled and chrome dome without saying anything else. Just be thankful you dodged a bullet by not being tempted to buy it. Sideshow's R2 is pretty nice and miles better than the Tama one could have ever hoped to be. In fact, I'm much more impressed with SSC's R2 than even with Tama's 3PO (after some deweathering cleanup).

:lol Plenty of bait on that line.

Yeah, this thread gets me there. :) But I'm still being honest - more impressed with R2 than 3PO in my collection from a visual standpoint. Picking them up in hand is another matter entirely. Nothing else feels like diecast, and that weight is most satisfying.

Yeah, this thread gets me there. :) But I'm still being honest - more impressed with R2 than 3PO in my collection from a visual standpoint. Picking them up in hand is another matter entirely. Nothing else feels like diecast, and that weight is most satisfying.

That's what she said.

He despises the Tama 3PO, but then bought it. So it's complicated.:lol

It's simple. I wouldn't own it if I didn't like it - I just recognize its many faults - the same way I do any release from SSC or HT or whomever. I'm just a realist and that kind of thing is troubling to some people. Troll-like people with low post counts it seems. ;)

Got a Funko exclusive C3PO today and had to pose him with the big brother, God this figure is stunning man...

Back