Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shadow or not, she doesn't look very happy, that's for sure. Maybe she just finished watching Alderaan getting blown up.

I received my Tamashii C-3PO from Japan today! Man, is this an awesome figure. I don't see how he could be improved upon without changing the aesthetics of the figure, which would be required if Sideshow wanted to make their version of C-3PO be able to sit. I don't think I'll buy a Sideshow version - this is the definitive C-3PO for me. The only way I might consider it would be if Sideshow released a nearly identical 3PO, except grimy and dirty. I might buy that. We'll see.

:wave

Just a quick update: I'm all outta gels to give away. Wow, those went fast! Thank you for your interest.

Again, if there are any others who want to do this particular mod, find yourself a theater supply store and try to score a free Roscolux swatch book of lighting gels. I found #321 Soft Golden Amber to be the perfect color for Threepio's eyes, but I imagine there are plenty of other ways to go.

Great news guys. A while back I mentioned the Tamashii team was working on securing the Star Wars license now that Disney owned the property and they were confident they'd work something out based on the great relationship that had prior to Disney owning the Star Wars brand. Today, Tamashii announced they are doing S.H. Figuarts (6-inch) Star Wars figures, which bodes very well for those of us that have been waiting for the diecast Tamashii R2-D2.

https://popcritica.com/bandai-s-h-figuarts-star-wars-line-coming/

I won't get my hopes up but no question I'd love a Tamashii R2 (and anything else they might do down the line, like R5-D4, a Gonk droid or a Death Star droid :drool). With SSC's R2 being so reasonable, having two versions would be OK with me.

Great news guys. A while back I mentioned the Tamashii team was working on securing the Star Wars license now that Disney owned the property and they were confident they'd work something out based on the great relationship that had prior to Disney owning the Star Wars brand. Today, Tamashii announced they are doing S.H. Figuarts (6-inch) Star Wars figures, which bodes very well for those of us that have been waiting for the diecast Tamashii R2-D2.

https://popcritica.com/bandai-s-h-figuarts-star-wars-line-coming/

B..Bu..But, Pixelpiper said that can't possibly happen.

Just got my threepio from HLJ too. It's perfect! Just like the name :) I don't see any flaws really. It's SO DAMN HEAVY!

He doesn't do much, because there's nothing much for him to do, but man he looks fantastic. Very glad to finally have him.

Just got my threepio from HLJ too. It's perfect! Just like the name :) I don't see any flaws really. It's SO DAMN HEAVY!

He doesn't do much, because there's nothing much for him to do, but man he looks fantastic. Very glad to finally have him.
:exactly: :hi5:Hi, SurlyJ :wave......just need R2D2 ...tamashii :pray:

Last edited:

Got mine from HLJ and I was also blown away by the quality of materials and level of detail put into this fig.

I know a lot of people find themselves drawn towards the Premium format line but I'm finding that the 1/6th scale stuff is starting to really appeal to me lol

I need an Tamashii R2 to complete me. I just wish we knew one way or another whether a Tamashii R2 will ever be released.

Got mine yesterday. The weight is hefty and the details are amazing. Because it's diecast, I have say you need to clip him to the stand. It's heavy therfore the ankles can't support it if the figure lean over. Mine did and the head fell out but luckly it landed in soft spot.

20140612_234044_LLS.jpg

20140612_234055_LLS.jpg

20140613_074829.jpg

Got mine from HLJ the other day. Man it is a beautiful figure. Probably the best in my collection. It really is perfect. So happy with him.

Back