Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One step at a time. It's a miracle he bought it at all. :lecture

eTfqr.gif

Last edited:
:lol :lol :lol

Mine's been in the box since the initial inspection.

I believe I win. :lecture

Good man. It's better than what I used to do before I had any real shelving. They cluttered my computer desk. Next to the monitor, on top the printer, etc. Every time I had to get into a drawer I had to move one. It looked awful. :lol

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

Good man. It's better than what I used to do before I had any real shelving. They cluttered my computer desk. Next to the monitor, on top the printer, etc. Every time I had to get into a drawer I had to move one. It looked awful. :lol

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

Get one of this if you don't have proper shelving...

https://www.hlj.com/product/YLSPPC-KN13/Sup

I wish we knew more about the R2 situation.

They (Bandai) want to do R2 as a first party licensee and not through Sideshow. It's that simple. Last I heard Bandai were confident it could potentially happen based on their relationship with Disney, but until it does R2 is on hold.

Yes we've all heard that through one channel or another, but nothing official. Some don't think the acquisition even plays a part, but I'm betting that it does in this scenario and with Hot Toys. IMHO.

I bought mine from HLJ . Great site and excellent prices. You won't regret it . Congrats on your purchase.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

They (Bandai) want to do R2 as a first party licensee and not through Sideshow. It's that simple. Last I heard Bandai were confident it could potentially happen based on their relationship with Disney, but until it does R2 is on hold.

They can hope all they want, but Disney doesn't give out licensing for Star Wars, that's handed by LFL (which Disney does own). And rights are securely tied up by Hasbro until 2020 (worldwide & exclusive), so Bandai (and Hot Toys for that matter) can absolutely never have first-party access. And when Bandai approaches Hasbro this is what they'll hear: "talk to Sideshow, they handle all high-end collectibles sub-licensing."

Last edited:
Yeah, if Hasbro's master license is still good until 2020, there's nothing that Bandai or Disney could do about that even if they wanted to change it, which I doubt Disney cares one way or the other.

They should have made R2 at the sametime. The fact that they've waited its been a loss for both customers and them. I heard they wanted to test the market first by releasing 3P0 first. It's star wars people, this stuff will sell!

Whilst that makes sense none of that is confirmed, it's an assumption.

I'm sure that with the price that C-3PO sold for there was enough slice of the pie for everyone involved.

3PO was pretty heavily discounted on Amazon, though, and any returns due to the finish sometimes being flawed might have really hurt it. Would love to know how this figure did for Bandai.

Well the point is NO ONE knows the terms of the contract and ALL modern contracts have termination language. I'm sure Darkhorse thought they'd be making SW comics for another twenty years too...but where are they now?
WRAP IT UP, B!

They can hope all they want, but Disney doesn't give out licensing for Star Wars, that's handed by LFL (which Disney does own). And rights are securely tied up by Hasbro until 2020 (worldwide & exclusive), so Bandai (and Hot Toys for that matter) can absolutely never have first-party access. And when Bandai approaches Hasbro this is what they'll hear: "talk to Sideshow, they handle all high-end collectibles sub-licensing."

I feel I have to finally clear this up, because you're always saying this, and you're always wrong.

Hasbro does not have exclusive rights to everything.

If someone wants to produce a line of "1/6 scale die cast action figures, retailing for $200 - $500, for the Chinese market with global exporting rights", Disney can carve out a license for that use specifically. As could LucasFilm.

I know because I've been working in IP licensing for 15 years. I've worked with Disney, LucasFilm and Star Wars, and with many many other IPs.

I've seen "IP HOLDER A" with an existing toy manufacturing deal, make a NEW DEAL with a new manufacturer, for what is essentially the same toy, simply because he wanted to take more meetings and spend more time with the female employee of Manufacturer "B". They added a small magnet feature to the toy and it became a new license. It was basically the same toy, but now with a tiny magnet. People were upset, but no one freaked out or threatened to sue. Why? because everyone was making money. Everyone wanted to CONTINUE making money. No one wanted to rock the boat or upset the IP holder.

If someone at Disney sees something like the Avengers line of figures from Hot Toys, and how it's elevating the brand among fans and collectors, you can be sure there are discussions going on internally. If a company sends Disney an unsolicited prototype and has a killer business plan and track record, you can be sure something can be carved out for them.

"How much money will this generate? Will it elevate the brand? When will this happen?" That's all that really matters.

Yes, Hot Toys and Bandai can make 1/6 scale Star Wars figures if they strike a deal with Disney. If will be a specific type of license. Hasbro and Sideshow could or could not be involved.

Back