Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3PO has just arrived!!!!
This thing is awesome. Better than HT Luke and that is saying something.
Perfectly in scale to my HT Luke and SS Sandy.

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

With HT Luke

DSC_0009.jpg

I am the droid you're looking for
DSC_0011.jpg

And in pride of place
IMG_0929-1.jpg

As much as i want to pull the trigger on this one, i just can't. Almost confirmed my order with HLJ yesterday but i lack funds lately. Much more important matters getting in the way, i'm wishing this is still availalble at a reasonnable price comes summer. Wondering if Bandai is known for re-releases or additionnal production to meet demand as i couldn't find official numbers on edition size for 3PO

As much as i want to pull the trigger on this one, i just can't. Almost confirmed my order with HLJ yesterday but i lack funds lately. Much more important matters getting in the way, i'm wishing this is still availalble at a reasonnable price comes summer. Wondering if Bandai is known for re-releases or additionnal production to meet demand as i couldn't find official numbers on edition size for 3PO

Bandai is known to do reissues often for their other toy lines. However, this is a partnership with sideshow, so we can't know for sure.

Wow, I just got this guy in the mail. First I have to say amiami was excellent to deal with and I will definitely buy from them again. Shipped from Japan Tuesday and landed on my doorstep in California at 10AM today? AWESOME. Anyways, I think we really need a new category for this figure called the "white glove club" because I'm afraid to touch it, that's how nice it is. If anyone has any doubts about buying, do it now and I guarantee you won't be disappointed. This figure SCREAMS Star Wars standing on the shelf.

Wow, I just got this guy in the mail. First I have to say amiami was excellent to deal with and I will definitely buy from them again. Shipped from Japan Tuesday and landed on my doorstep in California at 10AM today? AWESOME. Anyways, I think we really need a new category for this figure called the "white glove club" because I'm afraid to touch it, that's how nice it is. If anyone has any doubts about buying, do it now and I guarantee you won't be disappointed. This figure SCREAMS Star Wars standing on the shelf.

How did you fare for customs? Really want to order this - just worried that after duty it'll be the same as SS

How did you fare for customs? Really want to order this - just worried that after duty it'll be the same as SS

No customs fee at all. It was about $70 for ems shipping for 3po and momaw nadon and that's all I paid.

This figure SCREAMS Star Wars standing on the shelf.
True! The Droids & a few other OT principals / backgrounders, are my real focus. :)

This guy - & possibly the Tamashii R2, will be keepers till infinity. They'll also likely outlast everything else we manage to accumulate over time as well. :lol

Has there been any negative factors or complaints with this figure?
Apparently, the figure is getting nothing but positive reviews.

Check out the CollectionDX video review earlier in this thread - he spells it all out pretty much. :)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1xFHtNnitY[/ame]

He shows that the figure is a pretty sturdy piece - aside from being uber accurate & well articulated where it counts.

From what I gathered, the only real thing to watch out for is the torso wiring. It's fairly fragile apparently, so any manipulating or pulling on them ain't good because they're likely to break.

Check out the CollectionDX video review earlier in this thread - he spells it all out pretty much. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1xFHtNnitY

He shows that the figure is a pretty sturdy piece - aside from being uber accurate & well articulated where it counts.

From what I gathered, the only real thing to watch out for is the torso wiring. It's fairly fragile apparently, so any manipulating or pulling on them ain't good because they're likely to break.

Thank you VDG!
I did see that excellent vid when it was first posted. I forgot about that part with the wires. :hi5:

It seems, my 3PO arrived in Los Angeles Int Airport yesterday. Damn, that was fast!!!
But I didn't order from amiami or HLJ.

This might be in my hands by mid-week, well before the projected April 11 they initially indicated. :yess:

There's a local Aussie e-Tailer doing this guy for $499 AUD shipped.

Pricey.. but I'm outta cheaper options in the short term, & I'm also concerned the edition size is small enough for this piece to vanish before I decide. :gah: :monkey2

Back